Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil [Netflix]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Finished it tonight and I have to say I liked it. Sure, could have been better but it is certainly way better than the reviews it's getting.

Unlikely to get a season 2 sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Underground

Cancelled. Hardly surprising, it's total cr*p. Netflix really need to get their priorities straight i.e focus on the quality of the content first and foremost, worry about everything else after that. Right now their priorities seem to be ar*e backwards and it's costing them big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The early episodes had promise, but then it just went to sh*t. Pure style over substance, and the style was pretty awful.

Lance Riddick did the best he could, but even him at his best couldn't counteract the godawful Umbrella woman and that stupid dance bit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Netflix American programming needs a serious bit of soul searching cos when you look at the English language stable, there's an outrageous amount of garbage flushing through. Cheapskate rubbish, presumably offsetting Kevin Hart and Ryan Reynolds' paycheques.

Adapting Resident Evil and changing so much of the canon was a brave but foolish move. It surely only achieved immediate alienation with the one type of audience member you'd want as a lock - at minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I don't think the show got a fair shake. It's not as bad as people made it out. I think it got review bombed.

There was a meme going around about a certain character who breaks out into a song (you'll know the one if you watched it) but in the context of the story there was a reason. But it just became a meme and people hated on it without adding its context. It feels like more people said its crap than those who actually watched it.

It has a 3.9 imdb rating. That's b movie of the week rating. It was better than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A lot of people who saw that moment in its full context thought it was stupid (myself included). There were a whole bunch of different ways they could have gotten the same story point across, but they opted for needlessly ridiculous, exaggerated and hammy. That's why it became a meme.

I felt like the show was circling the drain before that, but that's the moment the show sank for me. I enjoyed the first few episodes but it just got ridiculous after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Underground

People are definitely taking that part out of context without having watched the show. That said, even with context I thought that bit was just bewildering.

I feel like the target audience for this show was for a younger crowd who maybe like to do Tiktok dances and the writers thought that bit would resonate.

I actually liked the performance that the Evelyn character gave (dumb dance scene aside), herself and Wesker were the only two characters who brought something to the table when they were on screen. The rest of the characters, the less said the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I didn't get far enough to see the dance scene but Jesus, does every tv show/film have to have a dance scene these days? It's like the creators are hoping the scene goes viral and people tune in to see what the fuss is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭DenMan

I really liked this show and was hoping it would be renewed. From someone who has played the games and familiar with the storyline I went in with a different mindset to this series. I enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Homelander

I thought this show was absolute garbage and I couldn't even finish it.

Wesker and the Umbrella CEO were decent, everything else about it, from the plot to the dialogue, characters and actors was pretty awful.

For me it was probably on-par or even worse than the worst of the Anderson films, which vary from decent fun to atrocious on the quality scale.

Advertisement