Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Anecdotal answers, not backed up with any factual links, based on one-sided views of the situation, you would learn more talking to a man in the bar with two pints in his hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I’m a long term FG voter from both sides of my family and not in a million years am I voting for that shower of sell out bastards again. They do absolutely zilch for me (middle income earner) except ride me senseless with tax and endless regulations and extra costs.

The question is what is the alternative?- I’m voting whatever right wing candidate is in my constituency- basically anyone that isn’t big government, anti Irish citizen, pro endless migration gets my No 1. I’m sick to the teeth of this net zero, green cult agenda and every other farce FFG supports

Transfers between spouses are tax-free.

If I was stupid enough to run for election and get elected a TD, I would transfer all of my interests in property and shares to my spouse, and would have nothing to do with them while working as a TD, not even knowing if they were all sold. It would ensure that I would have no conflict of interest through not knowing what interests I had.

So that discussion on O'Connor is just really stupid.

Except it is the truth.....no wonder country is heading down the tubes when anyone raising issues, highlighting problems coming is laughed at and dissmissed out of hand

But sure like letting COVID onto the island...our old and sick dont matter to our ruling class.

It is the truth because you say it is, not because there is any evidence.

The gold standard is evidence-based decision making, the bottom standard is complaining based on anecdotes.

• Advertisement

There is a single payroll system, just not a single employer.

For those who understand the difference, it is clear.

As per usual shout down and dismiss any/all concerns at an early stage and few years down the line be wondering why we have another thing added to the absolute mess the government have made of running the state

If they simply don't want to do their jobs,maybe resign instead of outright dismissing all concerns,this is exactly how the housing crisis started,we can even trace this obnoxious behaviour back to Bertie era and telling anyone sounding alarms of a bust to kill emselves

Nothing ever changes with our ruling class

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

That's a hilarious fix, tbh.

'I promise I haven't looked at my spouse's bank account where the profit from my assets are just resting, now please can you give landlord's some more state aid'. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 9,301 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Nope. I said this at the start. There is a payroll application using SAP that has not yet been rolled out nationally. It has been rolled out to a couple of CHOs as a pilot. It is primarily set up for admin staff at present. It will take years to roll out nationally because there are many diverse payroll systems and processes within the HSE umbrella. I don't know how many times I need to say this.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Its cool. If something green happens they'll get all the credit.

I don't see any point in a green party which deosnt bother with environmental or ecological issues tbh

What's realistic changes can they effect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

I wouldn't bother.

The original conversation was with another poster and was over a week ago. Rest is history....

You made up a story to the other poster. I corrected you. Is it that hard to admit it? Reply to the post to counter my statements if you can but you know I am right.

You 'maybe' source was wrong. You are wrong. IMO, HSE and INMO are right. Own it. There is no shame in it.

Credibility = Tatters

You are the most disingenuous poster I have ever come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This is how it is done. Poster with no evidence or back up for his claims but an anecdote, is caught out badly with backed up facts, and is given cover by another poster to enable him to 'draw a winning line' under the argument.

Bizarre behaviour.

Where was Norma Foley hiding all summer? She seems to be just back today and there is any amount of chaos awaiting her. Bus ticket chaos (caused by govt policy), delayed LC results causing first year student accommodation crisis, staff shortages, overcrowded classrooms.

The government are going to have a very challenging autumn and winter.

I wonder did Troy get mentioned in the public sector pay agreement negotiations...

when I woke up this morning to read the Irish times front page, I thought that it was a spoof or trolling. An extra 1% pay increase for public sector workers. I spitted into my cornflakes. When I tried to dig deeper on the authenticity of the Irish Times story, they were right.

Its clear that the government are not committed to helping people with the cost of living. They don’t get it, they are completely out of touch with any resemblance of society. It’s over for FFGG, they had their time now please let SF in government.

It will probably have to take an all out general strike by workers, sending the country into gridlock and chaos for there to be a dramatic collapse of this sham of an government. It just has to happen. Enough is enough.

I could say more but right now, I’m a mixture of anger and upset with the the way FFGG have treated the citizens of Ireland with this much contempt and sheer arrogance. Just get off the stage Meehole, Smug Leo, Sleepy Eamon, for the sake of this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

When you do eventually calm down remind yourself that there are cost of living plans for the Budget. That 1% is an extra €250m annually and the strategy of government is not to find itself hostage to what may be a moderately short period of high inflation, never mind the possible knock on for private industry negotiations. In that context it is better to find ways to give people one-off extra cash now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

No round of applause for the HSE workers anymore?

Let me know how you get on with arranging the strike when you tell everyone it’s about stopping nurses/doctors/Gardai/teachers etc a 1% pay rise when inflation is at 9.1%

Or when you explain to all the people who earn close to over 100k they will be hit with tax increases, Plus the 100k is a little bit moveable by 40k last time it changed…. So could be 60k next month

Anyway, best of luck with the strike, let us know how you get on!!!

Unions offered 6.5% increase in public sector pay talks (rte.ie)

Unions offered 6.5% increase in public sector pay talks.

-------------

It seems like a decent offer but my guess is that it will be rejected.

What really boggles my mind is the dramatics around these negotiations. They always seem to finish in the 'early hours'. Why??

Public sector pay talks resumed at noon yesterday and continued through the night with a conclusion reached shortly after 6am.

Why??? I don't want people negotiating at 6am in the morning! That's completely unprofessional. If you cannot get it done by 9pm, adjourn until the next day. What is the absolute urgent rush that cannot take 1 more day? Is it whoever stays awake longest wins?

Histrionics. We have such an immature political system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,551 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I too think the offer will be rejected, however, the government are in a tough spot. The more pay they give out, the less is there for other people and of course the more inflation is baked into the economy.

It's a tough one to balance out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

At this stage, the government will be lucky to survive until Winter. There are just too many things going wrong at the same time. The student accommodation problem is just the tip of the iceberg. The energy issue is liable to cause outright hostility for FFG politicians on the doorstep even with the EU trying to deal with the problem.

Regards...jmcc

I would like to see the government survive until summer 2023 at the very least. I agree they will have a tough winter but I can't see them going for a winter election. Leo did that foolishly in Jan/Feb 2020 and they got mauled. They will get mauled again regardless but winter elections can trigger an angry electorate.

I get the sense that even hard-line FFG voters have lost their patience and are looking for alternatives to vote for. They power swap and pretend civil war politics veil has been well and truly lifted. Their priorities are truly exposed.

The only way they will not survive the winter is by losing the Budget vote and that won't happen.

Events will decide the GE, I think. The big hurdle is getting the Budget passed. The government's majority is the problem. If some FFG backbenchers decide that taking a "principled" stand might save their seats then they might vote against the Budget. That could have two outcomes: a GE or a new coalition. The GE will cause problems for FFG and for SF because it is too early in the election cycle and getting candidates in place will be difficult. A new coalition presented as a "national emergency" government might be a more likely outcome. The government will try to buy off as many TDs as possible to ensure that the Budget passes. Varadkar really had no option as there were motions of no confidence pending.

Regards...jmcc

There are other ways. The trust levels within the coalition must be at an all time low. Another Troy like scandal and the Greens could walk. I hope not.

Nah, not as much of an issue as rumours imagine them to be.

The really scary thing is that Eamon Ryan is the only grown-up leader in FFG. Varadkar is an incompetent and has lost seats for FG in every election. Martin lost a GE for FF where it should have won over 50 seats. These two clowns then came out and supported Troy. It took Ryan to intervene and put the boot in on Troy and a few hours later Troy was gone. FF/FG would be very stupid to underestimate the Greens.

Regards...jmcc

If some FFG backbenchers decide that taking a "principled" stand might save their seats then they might vote against the Budget.

Your long and detailed conclusions always include the fanciful. Principled here means defying the whip and getting kicked out of the party, which would absolutely lose them their seats.

• Advertisement

Over the two years since this government started, we have had a long line of posts about how the government won't survive this month, or next week, or until the end of the year, yet there has never been a coherent explanation of how and why the government will fall. Difficult times in the economy ahead, the difficulties of dealing with Covid or with the Russian invasion, etc. do not automatically lead to the government falling.

Can you explain the process of how it will happen? Do you expect the Greens to walk because.....? Do you expect Martin to go in a huff because no longer Taoiseach? What do you actually mean by the government will be lucky to survive until winter? Wishing the government to go doesn't make it happen.

Advertisement