Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to Greyhound Bin Company

Options
  • 26-08-2022 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I live in Lusk Co. Dublin and I'm with Panda Bin Company for household waste collection, I think since they started.

It seems like they keep increasing the charges and i think I'm paying a lot. I paid a total of €337 last year. Its only July but the total I paid so far is €265.

I look into Greyhound and their plans seem to be cheaper for the year.

I think I am good with sorting my waste. I have a compost bin and I make sure to separate all recycling.

Is it good to switch to Greyhound Bin Company? Or is there a better alternative?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Do Greyhound serve Lusk? they didn't a few years ago. It was only Panda that did so they had a monopoly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Not sure what advantages there are anyway. Maybe somebody else can confirm any.

Greyhound is €18.50 per month for family plan (42kg monthly limit). @ 12 months = €222 and €0.30c per extra kg over

basic plan is €16.50 - 32kg monthly '@ 12 months = €198

Family plus is €22.50 - 65kg monthly @ 12 months = €270

I don't know if you can pay them per bin like they do in Panda. But I know Panda service charges are going up to €62.50 per 6 months, which is €105 per year before you have paid for any lifts. I think a bin lift is €10.50 or will be soon.

So 10 lifts would be the same price as the basic plan, roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Yoknek

I initially tried their website and it says they provide service in my area during the sign up. When I saw your comment, I contacted them thru their chat line and they say that they don't provide services in Lusk. Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Yoknek

It seems like I was saving if I choose one of their plans, however it is irrelevant now as I was in touch with them and they don't provide services in Lusk. Thanks for your reply though.

Advertisement