Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭adam240610

Beef supreme to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Mucker46

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Only clash I have is missing the start of London Grammar for snow patrol

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

The original Irish Times article had a 100% clash here. It’s been quietly updated to match the app.

The app itself has been quietly updated a few times too so not sure what to trust tbh…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I know we supposed to be all positive vibes here on the festival’s eve, and I mostly am, but I also can’t avoid the Lydon question about ever having the feeling you’ve been cheated. We pay €34 to go in a night early and next to nothing is put on. Certainly nothing significant.

End of the Road this weekend (max capacity 15k, less than are likely to be on the Picnic site on the Thur night alone) have several decent acts, at least three of whom I’d love to see. You don’t pay for early entry there (see also Latitude, Glasto and every other fest I’ve been to. Make some effort FR. Khruangbin alone would have been with the early ticket.

Apologies for the negativity, but surely 20k people (if that's the number) paying €34 each adding up to €680k merits some entertainment.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Also with the amount of sponsorship they've received this year surely they could have afforded some bigger mid tier acts

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Had to post this from the EP Banter Facebook page. It's a reply by Theodore Baracas to a query on what each campsite is like!

Theodore Baracas stand up and take a bow! This man shud be in the comedy tent!

Hendrix.= spotless clean . Full of gaeilge speaking folk in aran jumpers who have a warm cup of cocoa every night at 10pm.and head to sleep around 11pm. Very quiet and tranquil. You'd eat your dinner of the toilets they are that clean. Kid friendly 

Warhol = if you didn't hear the music in the distance you'd think you were in a beautiful campsite in the French countryside. This goes on a bit later till about 11.30 pm and the odd time you'd hear someone opening a can of beer. Emo and Kid friendly .

Wilde = bit noisier. You'd know you were at a festival in this one . You hear people laughing in this one till 1 am . Over the years we've even had reports of someone smoking cannabis. There was someone arrested in 2013 for disturbing the peace .

Janis joplin = bit more rowdy . The noise can go on till the early hours . Plenty of Dubs jerseys on display if they are wearing clothes . Safe times to leave the campsite without getting murdered or buried will be during megan the stallions set ,. Toilets rough ,think of the trevi fountain and put it in a chocolate factory. 

Family camping = hell on earth . Tents flattened, parents strung out on all types of drugs , feral kids everywhere foraging for foot . Pimps , drug dealers , prostitutes on every corner . Security guards going around with tranquilliser guns neutralising any threat they encounter . Party goes on till 11am the following day and only stops when people head to the charging point to charge the amp they've been blaring all night . Not Kid friendly 

Pink moon = Ireland answer to chernobyl. If you survive 3 days in this the chances are you are now infertile and possess super powers. If going bring a bodyguard and kevlar vest and a dubs jersey , it could save your life .

Hope this helps . I'll be giving tips on hair hygiene tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

My hitlist…

Friday: Bright Eyes, Glass Animals, Little Simz, Fred Again, Mall Grab, whatever decent DJ I wander past

Saturday: Merseyside derby, Kneecap, Kojaque, Yeule, Jpegmafia, Obskür (maybe!), Wolf Alice, Tame Impala

Sunday: (…), Joy Crookes, Helena Hauff, Arctic Monkeys, Mango x Mathman, Le Boom, Nialler9

I may be testing the limits of how late I can get out the tent on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Yeah, he's good craic on that page, he used to dress up as Mr T at the picnic, met him before,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Bit of hope on the weather front. Met have the rain pushing back more and more. No rain expected until Sat afternoon now

• Registered Users Posts: 19 smalloran

Paintball entrance open from 2pm on thurs. Abbeyleix rd entrance not till friday. We have to do same but we live close by so can hopefully pick up early enough. Info on EP website under "box office openings and locations".

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭adam240610

Hendrix campsite, ground looks dry as be damned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Pigsx7! On a Thursday FFS! They would've been one of my main acts to see had they been here.

Christ i'm sick of Festival Republic and their complete disregard for their customers. They haven't even got stage times correct yet. Three years to get this organised and it feels like they only started pulling it together a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, i DO feel cheated.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Going to be fun setting up tents without mallets.

Surely they could have opened Hazelwood and Fishtown for Thursday, even just a couple of DJs would keep people happy and spread out the hordes.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Beyond gutted, spent half the day in A&E , now can't go to EP. 😭😭😭

3 **** years waiting 😭😭😭

Wishing you all a great time , have a can for me please,

At least i got pixies and Fontaines DC in EA correct !

To repeat some of a previous post try to see some of the above 2, THUMPER, TOUTS, Wolf Alice, Sprints, The Scratch, Silverbacks, Pogueology, TCM, KKC, The Pale, Gurriers, Rebuke, Jeff Mills, just Mustard , Sleaford Mods, kneecap, naked lungs...

Hope all OK duckdiggler. Will defo be seeing lots of them and will have a drink for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah that's a shocker, Duck. Sorry to hear that.

• Advertisement

That's a kick in the stones, hope you're not too bad, will certainly see a good few of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Let's do it for Duck, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Same happened to my gigging buddy earlier today,in A & E this afternoon after a very bad fall hill walking, i’m still going though, but they are totally devastated.

Is there a chance of offloading the hardcopy weekend ticket + early entry on Thursday in the q ?

Sorry to hear that fafy we will be your buddies if needed

Looks like they heard me, Hazelwood is open on Thursday as well

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch5gQxtKJ9L/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Is there a meet up at some stage, we were both hoping to meet some of yee anyway.

I expected that, it was a “late addition” in 2019 also, but we stayed in SD, i think they had several comedians on in there.

Similar again this year for Thursday in Hazelwood:

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

We're leaving Dublin at 10 so hoping to be in red carpark for 11.30 at the latest. Will it be hard to get into eco if security is a ballache? I'm guessing worst case scenario will be 90mins through security

• Advertisement

I suggest that we organise a couple early Friday at salty or fishtown and then the usual tcm.

Advertisement