Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

She must be trolling people. Like how could she say that with a serious face?!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

It generates headlines and attention I guess. Job done along with delusions of grandeur. I re-read the article and it really is bordering on sacharrine spoof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

How many episodes will there be and will Spotify broker another deal after this one?

I won’t listen to it. Not a hope will I be a part of boosting her listener numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Would love to have seen her face when Mariah called her a diva!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

Realistically it was not for the queens sake. I think I’ve pointed it out more than once, but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck… it’s probably a duck!

Both Harry and Meghan have stated now numerous times that they wanted the half in, half out roles. You’re being deliberately obtuse and cherry picking what suits your narrative…

I’ve no issue with them leaving. I understood at first however shut up about it already, and I do think it’s hypocritical to call oneself a princess or duchess yet don’t want anything to do with the “institution”… BS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

she isn't a lier i am afraid, because when we examine what she says, there is more truth to it then not.

again you misunderstand what she was saying in relation to the n word.

i also explained further that it is possible to refer to an individual as a particular thing without actually using a word, it can be suttly done without being stupid enough to use the word whether it be the n word or something else.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

ultimately no as she doesn't fit all that is required to be a narcissist as has been shown by a couple of posters on the thread, who have destroyed the narcissist claims.

she may or may not fit 1 or 2 of them but that wouldn't be enough if she does.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭backwards_man

No one mis understood. She said those words. Herself. Just like she said Harry lost his father. Again, her words. Why do things she says directly, need clarification? When you are explaining, you are losing. We read what she said. Its a lie. A demonstratable lie. End of.

Spotify will be delighted with this content as it generates conversations and clicks hence revenue. They dont care about her making herself look ridiculous, talking about herself constantly and whinging again about an experience she had 3 years ago for 72 days. I doubt they will renew as there will be nothing more to squeeze from the content. But from their point of view it will likely have been a successful venture. For Meghan's reputation it has been a disaster and we are only 2 episodes in. No A, B, C or D listers will volunteer for a next round and Spotify know it.

• Advertisement

I am loving the new Meghan content. The more rubbish she spews out into the public domain, the more she exposes herself to the world. She can't retreat and take cover under the 'Privacy' umbrella, because she now has commercial obligations to fulfill. And now that she's exposed her narcissism and provoked criticism from the Mandela family and black South Africans, the global audience is starting to cotton on to her deluded insanity. In the English speaking world there's only North America and maybe Oceania who might still be in the dark as to the real Meghan. But the more content she produces, the greater the transparency - Bring it On Megs!

Piers Morgan correctly predicted, 18 months ago, that this would be H&M's strategy - to drip feed mini-bombshells over time, drop hints and insinuations, keep drip feeding those little pearls to keep the public on tenterhooks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Just watched a programme about Diana last night, and yes, I know she had her flaws and all the rest of it. But all I can say is, in her dreams, could Meghan ever hope to emulate her. Not a chance, imo.

Diana had a genuine warmth when meeting people, a natural grace as well. And she cared about the causes she espoused. She didn't make them about her.

Only Harry could have believed that there was any resemblance there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I think she’s going to go supernova eventually. Once her marriage ends she’s going to release a book with all the insider information on the family that gormless Harry has told her. She’s probably already writing it.

In the article Meghan describes to the author, a journalist, that she wouldn't have control over a phalanx of UK photographers, members of the media, invading their privacy daily while she would do the school run while she does the US school run accompanied with the author i.e. a member of the media. This is after a ten hour photoshoot as well. Another member of the media. The lying victim playing and the lack of self-awareness is just tiresome at this point.

She's deluded if she thinks she can pull it back at this point. Any credibility she might have had has now totally evaporated. She really needs to put a sock in it already, to quit circling the drain.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

And the UK have laws that restricts the photographing of ALL children. Not only that, schools themselves have very strict rules regarding what parents can put on social media. You aren't allowed to record your kid in the nativity for example because other kids are involved. And you certainly aren't allowed to upload it online

The Cambridges release one photo of the first day of school for each child because they are aware that there's public interest and public investment and that's the trade off for the status they have and as direct heirs. So the press/public get a photo of the new baby, the first day at primary, and a couple of portraits during the year, and that keeps everyone happy. Sophie & Ed Wessex did the school run for years and there wasn't a single photo - first day or otherwise. And they are working royals.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The target audience is the US and the expectation is that there will be no dive into the actual truth about such UK laws and sussing that Meghan is either lying or ignorant. British media bad is the intended surface level message. It's upon this surface tension that this ridiculous victim playing continually props itself up on and it allows such blatant lies and disinformation to persist i.e. there seems to be this recurring and abject fear of getting Sharon Osbourbed in the US if media outlets or personalities reasonably criticize Meghan such as legitimately saying she is either lying or is ignorant.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-narcissism-of-meghan-markle

God, she's exhausting! Making it up as she goes along.

Good article in The Telegraph by Camilla Tominey Aug 30th 2022 How Meghan Lost America

"But as one US TV insider explained: “Meghan is sort of regarded as tabloid fodder these days. I wouldn’t say her popularity has waned but her star draw has. She was riding on the cusp of being the Duchess, but a lot of their projects have failed and some of the lustre has gone. It would be unfair to say she’s not popular but we are doing less on her. We are more likely to do something on William and Kate now.”

"She recalls the Duchess’s campaign for paid parental leave, where she wrote letters to senior US politicians, prompting speculation she was pursuing a career in politics.“ We rang (US Speaker) Nancy Pelosi’s office to see if they wanted to respond and they just laughed.“ She’s not being taken seriously by Washington at all.

"In her review, the US writer Nicole LaPorte suggested the Sussexes’ production company, Archewell, has produced little content because Meghan 'now finds herself trying to define what her post-royal, post-working-actress brand actually is.' Little wonder, then, that the Duchess is feeling the need to garner yet more column inches."

• Advertisement

they did slightly iisunderstand the context of the words and the context in which they were said.

no, when one is explaining they aren't always losing, as even sometimes the best of us can take something in a different context to which it was meant, so explanation is a correction meaning we fully understand. nothing wrong with that.

realistically there is no real evidence that what she has said is a lie, so therefore it can't be demonstratable apart from in an individual's opinion.

actually her reputation seems to be fine.

not many of the a listers associated with her on a regular basiis anyway, and the b c and d listers never really cared.

she will be fine, whether spotify renews with her or not doesn't really matter as the venture has over all done what it needs to do. generate revenue for spotify and drip feed the republican movement.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119546087#Comment_119546087 There was an error displaying this embed.

it's just an interview, nothing more.

she's no more channeling dianna then i am.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

more likely it was someone suggested it to piers morgan and he then ran with it, because piers morgan hasn't ever been correct on anything in his life.

just a bitter loser who is actually irrelevant, who has to ply his trade on a channel nobody is watching, whinging and whining because meghan wouldn't be his friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I just heard the Mariah "Diva" clip from MeGain's podcast AND the follow-on clip where she basically tut-tuts Mariah Carey and dismisses any talk of diva. I did an actual physical cringe when I heard it. Specifically, the post-interview section. The overacting and the dramatics of Markle's delivery was so overcooked and performative.

She either is textbook narcissist or she is trolling us all. My money is on narcissist.

The most vomit inducing thing from them of late is "my love".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

she's doing both, means, she is a narcissist and is trolling. I think trolling is a preference especially with narcissists. Getting attention no matter how.

genuine question: are these podcasts already available? probably only with spotify and one has to pay for it? (not a chance I'm paying for it, as it wouldn't be possible to listen to it for more than 5 min. and then dying from a cringe attack😂😂)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

just listend to some extracts and reporting of her podcast with mariah carey (sorry, computer crashed and can't find it anymore) and low and behold, why didn't anybody mentioned it already, HARRY crashed in at some stage (and how long, I don't know..) on the interview. woohoo, he was allowed, what a lucky chap...no, what a poor whimp...

edit: here it ishttps://people.com/royals/prince-harry-makes-surprise-cameo-meghan-markle-first-podcast-episode-serena-williams-british-accent/ and oops, it was her first podcast with Serena Williams...(not that it matters anyway)

Ignore the contents of the interview. Just look at the pictures.

Never mind, they’ll always have the end of the road to watch their backs.

• Advertisement

The plot thickens..

Advertisement