Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭fourmations

You're being lazy Mr. Ill! 😉 edit!...I'm jumping the gun there , is that the time you can bring the tins in? In not 100% myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

Its from 1am, 4 can limit, you'l see it in the FAQ, under “Things You Can & Can’t Bring”

Heineken are certainly milking this one, and have further encroached on “can friendliness”, with the extention of the arena boundary, out to Salty Dog and the woods, since 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

im not a regular contributor here (at all) but I welcome a whats app group again and a boardsie meet (promise I’ll go this time)

we’ve all been waiting so long to get back to stradbally let’s give it a right bash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

Is there a possible “get out clause” here,

Security : you can’t bring in alcohol for personal consumption into Arena

Punter: i know, but its not for me, its “for a friend” !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭endainoz

We still don't have the schedule for Hazelwood after dark which is a bit annoying. No sign of spike island either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Thumper are listed on three stages over the weekend but only once on the app/clashfinder...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

For the Jerry Fish one they are called thumper sideshow disco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

See earlier post. The app covers the mind and body main stage and fishtown. What's the third one?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

The whole thing is a farce. I'll still enjoy myself because of the company but no stage times 48 hours out for certain stages? No late night dance act,no free flow until 1am,terminus finishing early. Shambles

Edit-thats me having slept well....

Post edited by declanleo on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Most of these things are the same every year….it’s just the fact the line up is incredibly bad that it’s getting on our wicks more…myself included

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

This is going to be a long day in work. All the pre-festival washing done.

This year's t-shirts:

ROI 2011 Training Jersey (White), my traditional travelling uniform

KLF Pyramid Blaster (Purple)

Orbital 'Chime' FFRR Record Label (Black)

Beak> Thai Dye Logo (Purple/Blue/Grey)

David Holmes 'Hope Is The Last Thing To Die' (Red)

EVENING WEAR:

KLF Pyramid Blaster Long Sleeve (Black)

Adidas 'Mr. Happy' Zip Top (Yellow)

Down GAA Home Jersey 2021/22 (Red/Black)

Leaving Antrim around 11am, hopefully set up in Eco by 5.30pm.

Have begun the ritual incantations to summon the deployment of the Stradbally Weather Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Friend is travelling from Fort William (Scotland) to EP via ferry to larne and then driving.

he thinks he will get to EP approx 0030 on the Fri night

Is there any issue with arriving late and pitching the tent (I have told him as far as I know there is always at least 1 or 2 ppl at the entrance to scan the tickets and do the wristbands).

Once wristbands sorted then they can go campsite and set up a basic tent to do them for the night. that’s the plan ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

He's a Yank, it's his inalienable right.

@rubick You were doing so well until the mention of a GAA jersey. Points deducted i'm afraid.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

It's for sleeping/travelling home in. And it's nice to be able to wear one without the risk of getting shot at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Yno changes like the weather. Now it has a dry Friday and much less rain for Saturday

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Think thats gate 7 and usually its only for production, certain staff and EMT but with the changes this year with everything moving a little who knows. I imagine there would be issues with queues on the main road and its opposite the po po station so cant see it being viable to public. Its also artist entrance so it generally needs to be kept clear enough

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

Is the yellow car park for general entry? I see on the map they a note there for family campervan and disabled access campsite entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭HBC08

Does the 48 can/no glass thing apply if you're in campervan?

Do they come onboard and check it.48 cans is plenty for me except don't like cans and have already driven an hour and a half round trip to pick up a crate of bottles from a craft brewery!

Also have a nice bottle of Writers Tears I'd rather not decant into a fanta bottle and a bottle of some auld sh1te wine which I'll happily drink from a welly.

Seems to be a lot of rules involved in this craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The Coronas in that “big announcement” really burned me 😋 (it’s not their fault)

I was kinda hoping it would back fire on FR a little with few turning up! But they play the main stage Sunday 6:30, up against literally nothing significant on the other stages.

Edit: When in EP’s history has there been such a lacklustre 6:30 Sunday, normally peak clash city!

• Advertisement

I second this, quite a few years I’ve been leaving work Thursday 5/6pm (My last opportunity to use the printer) and the stage times still weren’t out! It sucks, but nothing new with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

Yes it is, but you have to come to Stradbally from the M9/Athy direction to get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Been a while since i've used campervan, but yes they do check, so hide the glass well.

TBF they're usually sound, but i have seen stuff confiscated. They won't be counting cans

All years previous they had 24hr cover at the gate, be 100% sure your friend can do this. Obvious down side is pitching a tent in the dark!

It's pretty irresponsible to bring glass of any kind to a festival regardless of how fancy the spirit is. The same rules apply to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Same rules for campervan, ViPs, workers, there's a reason for the no glass rule, bringing a case of it is pushing it.

Really annoying that all the stage times are not available anywhere this close to the kickoff.

I'm sure its a good bit of work to add to Clashfinder and I really appreciate the people who put the effort in as that is what I prefer to use. There is a bunch of stuff that is in the EP App that isn't in the Clashfinder yet:

Trailer Park, Trenchtown, Mindfield, Heineken Greener Stage, Salty Dog and Fishtown on Sunday, Anachronica, Consciousness Village, Casa Bacardi.

There's also a bunch of other things that there are no stages times for anywhere yet, like Spike Island, Providencia, Hazelwood after Dark.

At least the times seem to have got more consistent as yesterday went on.

Really disrespects the artists if no-one knows when they are playing.

I can see the David McSavage’esq skit already, “Sorcha this intolerable man in hi-vis wants me to decant my 1995 bottle of dom perignon into…. Into …. Into…..A FANTA BOTTLE!! Cant you just make an exception for me, it’s a vintage year”

Sorry @HBC08 im getting giddy 😋 (Yes realise whiskey vs champagne comparison)

I wasn’t at ATN, but believe they had a rather plush whiskey bar/stand?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Im not sure it disrespects the artists, sure you'll find out at some stage, if you need three days advance planning to see an artist, id imagine thats seems like a little bit more disrespectful.

Advertisement