Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PV Feed In Tariff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Ok I think I made a boo boo with numbers.

The numbers I gave are without a discount

So in fact I am paying

0.2346 day rate

0.1125 night rate

So the new rate would push up my day rate but reduce my night rate, at the moment of course I use more night rate but going into winter I would expect the day rate to push up dramtically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Depends on your inverter, but it should just about be able to do that in 3 hours if it can charge at 60-65A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,356 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

I have the Solis 5G 6KW hybrid similar to a lot of folks here.

Yes it is supposed to do 100A but only does that for a little while then throttles to 60A or so. Which is still ok, you will fill your 10kWh battery in 3 hours.

A lot of us have bigger batteries, many 20kWh (myself included). No way in filling that in such a small slot unless you start using parallel battery inverters

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭E30M3

Anyone with Different Provider than EI care to confirm or refute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

DrPhil did above in this very thread (message #941)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

For me I don't switch provider but I switch plans. So far Energia keep coming out cheapest and after a phone call and some brief negotiation they renew my discount at the cheapest rate and I stick with them

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Were you renewing or did you switch in the middle of an existing plan? I'm debating changing plan and I wonder if there's any way to dodge the €50 break contract fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi Guys,

I don't have a smart meter (thank god) and getting that form filled in to register the PV currently.

Does anyone have a table/comparison of the "estimate" FIT across the different providers?

Thanks,

Gary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Niceday20

Changed from Energia's Home Electric mid contract to Energia's EV plan yesterday and no break fee charged. Energia said they would not charge if just changing plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I changed from one energia tariff to the EV rate while in contract and no break clause fee

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭E30M3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭jkforde

assuming you've a D\N meter then..

check https://www.purevolt.ie/domestic-solar/feed-in-tariffs.php

then use: MEC x Capacity Factor x Export Factor x Provision Interval (from CRU)

inverter rating (kwp) x 0.097 x 0.35 x 8760hrs

so for a 5kwp inverter, it'll be:

5.0 x 0.097 x 0.35 x 8760hrs = 1471

then 1471 x 0.1962c (Energia CEG) = €288

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

"Since I no longer expect anything from mankind except madness, meanness, and mendacity; egotism, cowardice, and self-delusion, I have stopped being a misanthrope." Irving Layton

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Hi all

Recently got the panels installed+battery, so if this is the wrong thread please point me in the right direction (read as many posts as possible, but at the same time everyone is different).

Have the battery and 4kW system, inverter, myeddi etc. Have a plug in hybrid so the questions are:

Do i switch to the night tariff or would need to see more data to justify moving. My thinking here is that i charge the battery overnight (if not enough sun), charge the car and the rest goes from the battery. Anything left over goes to the grid (so the microgeneration) - (spoke with Electric Ireland and there is a form called NC6) but nothing is in place yet and you would need smart meters (which we still dont have either).

Would anyone have any suggestions or the sequence I should look at? Do I go for the night tariff, then apply for smart meters and wait for the microgeneration scheme with EI?

Thanks and again - if this is a wrong thread, could someone point me to the right one

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The Energia fixed rate applies ONLY to day/night meters and the EV tariff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Need to find out a few things:

1. Will BG pay me deemed export for Feb-Aug FIT now that I moved to energia at the start of the month?
    2. Or will energia pay from Feb-to-now?
    3. Does energia even pay fit with EV tariff?
    4. Sort of have a feeling they will say but you had smart meter and now you have d/n meter PFO - about 99% is this because we don't live in Germany

@og2k7 https://www.sseairtricity.com/ie/home/help-centre/microgeneration/

good faq above re. microgeneration, metered (smart meter) vs deemed (Day\Night) export CEG payment, etc

it is the general consensus on here that smart meters and smart meter plans are to be avoided currently (can't be on a Day\Night plan once you have a smart meter, and it's hassle going back to one after you have a smart meter installed)

also, Energia have a good D\N EV fixed unit rate plan at the moment, you may have heard 😂

"Since I no longer expect anything from mankind except madness, meanness, and mendacity; egotism, cowardice, and self-delusion, I have stopped being a misanthrope." Irving Layton

Did you have to argue with them or did they volunteer that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

I don't have an EV, nor charger and I'm on it as of yesterday. Least I haven't heard of an issue so far. Nowhere on the website was there a question asking for any details of EV Maulbrook.

Rock on.

• Advertisement

Great - thanks for this and getting back to me.

Yup, was sort of getting clearer that smart meters are to be avoided.

Will chat to energia tomorrow see what's the deal.

Thanks again

They might ask if you have one, but you can just lie. There's nothing in the terms that says you actually need an EV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

No they volunteered it without even me asking let alone arguing.

You have to tell them you have an EV.

"You have to tell them you have an EV"

that's not my experience, the retention agent I dealt with never asked (I do have an EV but that's beside the point).

like said above, it makes no odds, just tell them you have one, it's not like they're looking for proof like reg. cert. or anything!

Post edited by jkforde on

As above - I went through the whole process on the website day before yesterday and nowhere was there a question or tick box asking me about an EV. Nada. Nothing. Zip.

Website to switch was painless. You need your MPRN number and the equivalent Gas number, then the 3 readings (day/night & gas), your IBAN for the direct debit and that's it.

1 - yes BG will pay for the time you were with them. SSE confirmed this for me.

2 - see above

3 - Energia pay 18c I think, and yes it's on all tariffs. I asked this and they said that the payment was law, regardless of your tariff.

4 - you had a smart meter removed? You're most likely buggered on FiT then.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Energia EV rate gone up to 29.82/8.59c now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

They must be following this thread 😂

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Took a bit of digging but

Customers will see their electricity unit rate increase by 38.24%

• Advertisement

woah, just started the precious fixed EV plan today 😅 (so much for their assurances that no further hikes were in the near pipeline!)

what's the source for you info? direct from them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭glen123

It's on their website under EV plan

Total Discounted Costs (inc. VAT)29.82 and 8.59

Yesterday they had the lower rates as I was checking them for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Niceday20

Energia have reduced the discount on EV plan from 31% to 25% giving rise to the price rise. I switched on Tuesday getting the 31% prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭WattsUp

With all these prices increases getting announced are they announcing similar increases to the FIT ? EI announced +25% for electricity today, wonder will they be upping their 14c fit by 25% too ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

This was inevitable, it's why I renewed my EV plan with Energia last week as price hikes afoot!!!

Glad I broke my SSE Airtricity contract and signed up for the Energia EV plan again a few days ago. The €50 penalty I will get alone is more than compensated by getting in before the small price change today.

Not as mad as you might think.

After I switched on Monday, I shared the info on the Irish PV owners page, the Irish EV Owners page and the Irish EV Owners Association page.

Someone on the IEVOA page said that when they called to switch, the agent asked where they had heard about it as they had been bombarded with requests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭DC999

For those of us not on a D/N meter, we won't get anywhere close to a 9c rate at any time of the day. It’s liquid gold! I've a backwards spinning 24 hour meter at mo (lucky me). But that 9C night rate is actually lower costs (for the night rate time) than my backwards spinning meter. And I got the lowest 24hr rate available when I moved provider a few moths ago on bonkers (paying 19.6C now)

Just checked my bordgais bill there:

Day Units 189 33.26 c/kWh €62.86

Night Units 383 16.44 c/kWh €62.97

Standing Charge 68 Days 1.15 €/day €78.27

Affinity Deal Discount -40% -€50.33

From what I can tell if you add in the discount their rate is comparable with the 9c and the day rate is cheaper? Am I reading that wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

It will be cheaper than my current contact with EI when the rises take hold in October,i will be paying approx 29.6 day and 13.5 night(vat inc) with the likelihood of further increases in Jan.Is it still a fixed unit rate yearly contact with Energia?

Post edited by kabakuyu on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

With EI currently and done some rough calcs on the payback.

Unit rate inc vat was 16.1c at time of install, payback was looking at about 8 years then.

New rate in October will be around 27.8c, and based on that, my payback will drop to around 5.5 years. That's without any further increases.

Good chance the way things are going, that after 4 years it'll have payed itself off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭curioustony

EI did not put up the standing charges for the night boost plan -- maybe they have been reading here too. Might not be quite so bad as I feared initially.

Need to update a load of rates to do a proper comparison.

Needles to say, not happy!

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Just rang Energia, EV plan is fixed for year, I have switched from EI who I suspect will have another hike post xmas,the energia night rate is too competitive to pass up.

• Advertisement

Moving to Energia but yeah, the new deal with 31% off the table so got the 27% one with day/night tariff

I'm on a 41% discount with Energia but the rate is variable. I don't use enough night rate to make the EV plan worth it but I'm debating switching to it for the fixed rate

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭phester28

looked back over the thread but could not find an answer. I am with electric Ireland "dual fuel" and have smart meter but will not sign up for smart plans due to the peak rates

Has electric Ireland said how / when and how much they are going to pay the FIT for solar conforming installs nc6 etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

I signed up to the energia dn ec rate yesterday :-) i assume the rates yesteedsy will apply not todays rates ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement