Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperValu coupons

• 27-02-2022 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a 10 off 50 they are not using this week please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

I have a spare e5 off e35 if anyone wants it, valid until 16th March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Have 2 vouchers for 20€ off your next online shop over 100€ which are expiring on 31/05/2022.

Anybody doing an online shop in the next days, PM me, happy to share.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,443 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Has the super valu Real rewards points system ended??

Got this on the app. So even less reason to shop at this expensive supermarket

Post edited by road_high on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Dunnes seem to be far better when it comes to vouchers, 10 off 50 and 5 off 20 every week after i do my 80/90 Saturday shop.

Dont even bother going anywhere else anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Yes, They now give 'weekly' money off vouchers instead of the points converted over each quater.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Yes, no more points on purchases but they still the €x off €x vouchers in their app so some discounts are available, apparently will also be providing money off coupons for individual items - remains to be seen how good it is.

I only collected the points to convert to Avios so have changed supertmarket, probably many others have to so be interesting to see if SV loses customers.

Thanks- they kept that one quiet. I already used to get a weekly €5 off €35

With the app so sounds like no benefit to me so

The coupons are always there in the app too- I’ve seen much less of them lately in fact.

Big room for a middle of the road supermarket to come into the Irish market in my opinion. These boyos need competition

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It's a shame SV have done away with the points now and are only giving the money off a big spend instead. I ony ever go to to Supervalu for a few things and at least I knew my points would build up to something eventually but now I only get the €5 off €35 coupon - I rarely spend that amount in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭eddieoregan

Exactly the same as me, I used to use the €10 code on my Electric Ireland Bill, but that has now gone! 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Think supervalu have shot themselves in the foot with the changes to the real rewards getting rid of points. Online shopping via their shopping partners was a great way to build up points. Was handy to earn points when using rhe supervalu site to buy online off M&S, asos etc. Will be shopping less there now. Whatever about getting rid of the shopping partners, they should have kept the earning points in store. As a previous poster said was a handy way of helping to pay the electric ireland bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭jos22

there will be a different Electric Ireland offer starting for those who have the accounts linked and those who opted to link when it starts. think it will be 5Euros off .

the points have switched to a competition format which will be 1 prize per store of 100E Supervalu gift card and 10 other prizes I believe nation wide.

I wouldn't be surprised if they switch back to moneyback vouchers when they get spammed with complaints , the prizes they offering are decent but with only 10 for the whole country for each prize period chances of getting something are pretty low.

I've weekly e5 off e35 vouchers that I don't use. If anyone wants one just send me a PM and I can share one with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I got my final batch of real reward vouchers. It’s €80 which is the biggest I have ever got. I have stopped shopping in Supervalu as it’s just too expensive now and losing the real rewards was a big no no for me. My question is, would I be able to use that €80 to buy a One4all voucher or something similar so I do t have to shop in SV? Obviously if I can’t I will spend the €80 in voucher no problem but I’d prefer to buy a voucher or something

That’s all very “vague” - I’ve checked the SuperValu website and I’m none the wiser as to how much exactly I will get.

Dunnes have 10/50 etc so you know as you’re walking in the door how much to spend to make decent savings.

I quit SV at the start of lockdown, mainly due to their terrible rewards scheme - they were giving me pittance for the 1000s spent there and their vouchers had too many terms and conditions - and went to Dunnes- haven’t looked back since - my local SV has improved in certain areas and they have a better range of some items but I can always pick these random items up but still stick to Dunnes for main shop

Ill download the app again so I’ll have it and see what happens but really they’ve missed a trick here

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It's the same, €10 off a €50 shop in SV now. I got a text telling me that I also have a €5 off €35 voucher but no sign of it on the app yet. Not that I will use it, I don't do my main shop in SV at all unless stuck for time (it's closer to home than the Lidl I usually shop in).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Quitelife

The straightforwardness of Dunnes 10 off 50 offer seems the most popular by a mile offer listening to work Collaegues. Are Super Value now doing this?

Lidl & Aldi might be cheaper than Dunnes but the tenner off 50 closes the gap significantly and i feel the products you end up buying in dunnes are better than Aldi/Lidl cheaper products

My SV aren’t doing this - I literally just came out of there and the girl that served me (at customer service) didn’t know anything about it. I do have the €5 off €35 though. I also got one free delivery during august. That’s another thing , my store charges .€8 for delivery. The local Tesco charge €3-€7 = big difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I used to get €5 off €35 vouchers from SV for ages, and usually managed to use them. Then, for some reason they started giving me €12 off €100 vouchers instead. Now, I would have sometimes spent €100 or more in a week spread over 2 or 3 trips, but never in one go. As a result I haven't used any voucher for several weeks in a row now. I'd have expected the system to have adjusted itself by now and lowered the threshold spend but no. Customer service don't seem to have a clue.

I do find that with SV , when they see you use the vouchers a few weeks in a row, they push the boundaries and try you on the higher spend limits. I used love SV but their shooting them selves on the foot big time lately

• Advertisement

if they’re random like that then it will fail- Dunnes deffo best then in terms of this type of approach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

I can understand them getting rid of building points via shopping partners but to get rid of points full stop was a disaster. I know of a good few in my circle once they have their current cash back coupons used they wont be shopping there expect for the odd item

100% agree and I’m the same. My mother and sister have moved to Dunnes and they said it’s way cheaper. I’ve moved to Tesco purely for the convenience but we were 3 households that did weekly shops in SV

e10 off e50 voucher (expires tomorrow 14th) available if anyone wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭treenytru

I've got one to spare too, pm me if anyone would like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭jos22

the vouchers in the app are supposed to be tailored to what you spend on average , so some people are getting 11 off 120 euro and others getting 8 off 45, 10 off 50 etc

they change this sometimes to try get you spent more, so the 8 off 45 become 10 off 50 etc.

the coupons are also supposed to be tailored to what people buy, but it seem to be just random SV own brand products.

the scan to win not popular vast majority preferred the money back voucher, least with them you were sure to get something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭hopeless wanderor

I have got a spare 10 off 50 SV voucher valid until 14-Dec, DM if anyone needs it

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sparkles2012

Anyone have a €10 off €50 voucher or an €8 off €45 going spare this week please and thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭nhg

I’ve a €5 off €35 if of any use to you PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sparkles2012

Thanks if you have any spare for this week you can let me know.

Advertisement