Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lake Shoes sizing - anyone wearing them?

Options
  • 31-08-2022 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking at a pair of Lake shoes and according to their website my foot measurement needs a 43 or 43.5. I wear a 46 in pretty much every other shoe brand, except shimano where i need a 47 as I have wide feet and like a bit of space in the toe box. Looking for a shoe that accommodates this, which shimano definitely do not!

Anyone wearing Lake and have any advice before i order?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

I was looking a buying a pair, but I got turned down for the second mortgage 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭oinkely

yeah, they are pricey enough - but you can pick them up on sale for €100 odd, which is not too bad. The Lake webstore has a few pairs on offer, but state no returns on sale items - hence looking for real world sizing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

No way that is right. I've a pair of Lake shoes in 43 (which I love). For comparison, I wear a 42 in normal work shoes (e.g. M&S), 42.5 in Adidas trainers, and I have two pairs of Northwave shoes (MTB and winter road boots) also in 43, and Shimano road shoes in 44 (on the large side).

If I were you I would try 46.

I also think Lake might do a special wide fit in some of their shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭oinkely

Brilliant, exactly the guidance I was looking for. Thanks a mill.

Advertisement