Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with current affairs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

Nice attempt at deflection.

The "accusation" was this.

It is clear to me that a number of posters have been discussing how to challenge moderation behind the scenes. And yes the prime culprits have already posted in this thread backing each other up. I'm pretty confident the pair of them agreed to start this thread in Feedback

Poster A admitting they used the PM function to make Poster B aware of this thread isn't even in the same ballpark.

Besides, that wasn't even my point, the point I was making was you posting with absolute certainty that the admin in question had made up their mind and wouldn't be reversing that decision.

Did the admin state that publicly on the site, or was it relayed to you through some back channel?

Maybe you were just talking nonsense. That's why I said your post came across as baiting and taunting, given the context of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

if you have an issue with my posts then put me on ignore, report them, or both. Instead you decided that i should post at all and attempted to bully me off the thread and not just once. It is indicative of your posting style.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,846 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Making false claims (one of them in his first two posts, one in PM) is 'inconsistent' with the truth. Making arbitrary decisions about what can be posted on threads and proceeding to warn people is 'inconsistent' modding. It's all been laid out by a 'significant' number of posters blanch.

Of course hypocritical you would be all over those claims looking for back-up proof if they were made against you. Busted again.

Once again your high moral ground grandstanding exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,909 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

No sorry, don't go reinventing history here again. You said "who asked for my opinion?". You also accused me of derailing the thread from the start. On the basis of that latter accusation, I asked you to clarify what was the issue with the substance of my initial post.

Now if you are withdrawing the accusation of me derailing the thread from the start, everything is fine.

• Advertisement

I haven't seen any proof that his claims are false. As you so often point out, a person is innocent until proven guilty. So, unless you have proof, by your standards (not mine), Beasty is innocent of your accusations until you prove them. As I said, self-admitted communication with the OP is a prima facie case, which is enough for me to be satisfied (I don't operate to your lofty high more ground standard of innocence until proven guilty) that Beasty is correct about you.

Ditto with the inconsistent modding.

And I'll ask again...who asked you for your opinion? I certainly didn't and neither did the OP.

Yet you kept badgering me for my opinion of it, when I was referencing you entire posting here...a blatant attempt to make the thread about me and Brucie. As Brucie has adequately pointed out, THAT IS NOT what the thread is about - the OP again here for you to review.

We have one mod and an over reacting admin. Is there any way we can return to the moderation by moderators format? Currently the admin decides what does and doesn't go and we have no recourse as he is the admin. He closes feedback threads. He even passes Comments/opinion in the threads on occasion. Its his own little fiefdom.

I get 'no point' warnings, which sounds harmless but after a time they build up and suddenly they do count.

The last two was commenting on a person who spammed the thread. I asked why he was spamming? I got warned for back seat modding. I compared Robert Troy to varadkar leaking regarding it being wrong doing but not criminal. I got warned for mentioning Leo leaking.

Previously he deleted all references to Leo leaking that arose in a discussion on the government thread saying it had been done to death.

So we cannot discuss housing in the government thread as there is a SF/housing thread. We cannot mention Leo leaking in any thread because its been done to death and had its own thread which he closed.

Whatever about me, does boards think its a good idea to have an admin moderating and micro managing a discussion forum?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You want me to play your game, but the only people I'm interested in hearing from are the mods and admins.

As soon as the seventh and eighth word of that OP, his agenda becomes clear.

I have previously explained twice how the OP could have been worded and how he could possibly have had near unanimous support. Instead, he did the usual go off on one rant about all and sundry.

As for asking for opinions, who asked the OP for his opinion on the subject? I certainly didn't need to see his incoherent rant, but I still respect his right to put forward his opinion.

Looks like the only visible admin has made his decision for the better running of the rest of the site. It’s not exactly bursting at the edges with mods and admins these days. Sometimes you have to make decisions that won’t be to everyone’s liking - realpolitik.

• Advertisement

Holy sheet...now I have to disprove an allegation?

ROFL.

Never change blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,621 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Its **** obvious what is going on lads, unfortunately you need to be impartial to see it.

Whats going on, if its so obvious?

Reading between the lines of some posters are dreaming up great fiction. No proof mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭irelandrover

How can Francie or Bruce prove his claims are false?

What you all don't seem to understand is that a forum has to have moderators and admins to enforce rules. When they make a ruling, it is up to those unhappy with it to prove they are wrong. Simple as.

If you have been found guilty in a court, the onus in any appeal is to prove your innocence, or to prove there was a flaw in the conviction.

That is where we currently stand. The admin has made a ruling. Francie is disputing the ruling, but won't put up any evidence to challenge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Beasty theorised that francie and I were messaging and organised this thread. Yesterday I sent beasty a screen shot of my post to francie dated August 26th, before the accusation was made, telling him I'd started a thread in feedback and him replying saying he'll have a look. So you can stop acting as if it muist be true because beasty imagined it, because its not. Beasty was clever enough to suggest it might be true, not state it was, but biased enough to throw it as scraps you and Marko and the like could build on, even trying to pass it off as fact. You are all wrong.

You are constantly making this thread a crusade and ignoring the main point. You want to make it what it is not. If as you claim you realise its about more mods,but disagree with the way I, alone, started this thread, fine, but why keep harping on while ignoring the main, repeated point and CA needs mods and recourse for people who might have an issue? You are working very hard to turn the thread away from that.

This thread is a perfect example of what's wrong with CA. We have a few like you picking elements from a post to have a go and drive an agenda, while the mod/admin either does nothing or stokes the fire with comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

Surely this applies equally to those accused of trying to challenge moderating through the pm system?

Have you been repeating that claim as factual?

Seems a fairly contradictory post to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

You are normally found guilty in court based on evidence. In order to be found guilty they have to prove you are guilty. What happened here is Beasty made a statement with no proof, and you expect the people he accused of having to prove that false.

There is no way for Francie or Brucie to prove the statement is false.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭beachhead

I got a warning for using the word ruskie in a post.The post subject could have been about Ukraine-can't remember now.Does this have a meaning I am not aware of.Or does it send an alert to FSB members on boards?

• Advertisement

Absolutely stoking the fire and as I pointed out, already being passed off as fact by @markodaly

He knew exactly what he was doing as he did in the separate allegation he made about me and others in PM.

Everyone agrees that we need more mods, if that is the only issue, then close the thread, it is agreed.

However, your OP raised other issues, accusing the admin of all sorts of things.

I have already explained twice how you could have worded the OP and had near unanimous support. However, the way in which you phrased the OP highlighted most of the problems with the CA forum. It was a pejorative nasty attack on an admin badly disguised as an attempt to raise genuine issues. Everyone saw through it.

He showed himself up.

You ran with his back channel theory though.

I gave examples of the nonsense I've been dealing with and gave an opinion. There are no false claims.

You explained twice, great. You can stop so.

You realise I was banned from CA for starting a thread in Feedback?

The thread is not for you to have a go, I am hoping someone from boards might see it and take action.

This is not a court, this is a discussion board. An Admin makes a ruling, to challenge it you have to demonstrate it is false or based on spurious grounds.

There was plenty of evidence adduced by Beasty in his post. One aspect of it has been challenged, but even if the challenge was correct, it was only a minor aspect of the case against the two lads.

Proof positive of what you are up against if you find yourself the wrong side of this mod.

I didn't see a single post disagreeing with the notion that we need more mods. Some expressing how difficult if might be to get mods because of the behaviour of certain posters, but not disputing the general notion.

Stop twisting. I started this thread. Quit the agenda driven false narrative.

You brought up the court reference.

You keep avoiding answering the question. How could Brucie or Francie prove the statement is false. Normally an admin makes a decision based on something. IN this case he says its a feeling. How can you prove that a feeling is false?

• Advertisement

This is what you said.

Everyone saw through it.

You are exaggerating...again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement