Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Max so far 25.9c. Incredible. Beautiful day out there. South Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

21 degrees and sunshine in Dublin, truly a summer to remember. This is one of the best summers I can ever remember for such consistent dry and warm weather. July and August have been fantastic, temps constantly in the 20s and even a few in the 30s.

Given that we are approaching September now and looking back at summer 2022, I would be giving it an 8.5 / 10 for Dublin. The only down side was a colder than expected June (although I dont think it was particularly wet with 43mm at Dublin airport hardly terrible). Over the past 2 months it has just been near constant dry weather and in the 20s throughout. I cant think of a single time playing sport over the past couple of months where we had to take cover from rain or postpone a match, its been exceptional.

I would copy and paste summer 2022 every year here in Dublin if i could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Gentle and beneficent days... warm air and enough movement to dissipate the midge,,,

Just kindly and life enhancing in this lovely little corner of mine.. Truly SUMMERI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Cloudy but 24c here I'm surprised, hotter than UK and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Savage day again. Down in West Cork near Bantry for a few days before kids go back to school and it's unreal. What an August!

• Advertisement

Earlier 25.9c exceeded by 26.4c at lunch time. Hovering around the 24c to 25c mark ever since as the sky turned hazy, partly cloudy and a bit of an increase in the wind too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Super day in Galway. Feels so warm

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭appledrop

Another stunner of a day. A brilliant day out at Fort Lucan, enjoying the last few days of summer before school returns.

2018 probably still stands out for me as best summer ever as it was so warm and sunny for weeks on end, but this summer has been best ever July/ August combined.

I still can't believe that it barely rained in Dublin for the whole of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Anyone else get the smell of bleach (the citrus flavoured one) outside at the moment?

New Moon

As peaceful and warm a wakening as ever was... Not a whisper of wind, and making coffee in thin nightclothes... Sheer utter BLISS, and checking met ie....Ah wondrous day ahead. ENJOY!

The photo is recent and this will be the panorama today..from my garden.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Good morning from Greystones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Another cracker of a morning here in Sunny Spai....sorry I mean Dublin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A beautiful morning here in Meath, enjoy it while it lasts, we will all be sick of the rain by this time next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,218 ✭✭✭pauldry

Stunning day in Sligo 20c already.

London has been over 20c max for past 70 days and some parts of England nearly 90 days.

Finner has had 8 days above 20c in August but Oak Park has had 25 days and 3 above 30c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭highdef

I hope you did enjoy it as there's been a big change in the last hour, in Trim Meath anyway. Mostly cloudy now thanks to an area of cloud that has come down from the northeast and the breeze is a bit stronger now as well. Looks like it may be temporary although I see more banks of cloud in the north Irish Sea.

If I get clear skies at lunch hour, I'll be happy enough. The cloud has probably arrived because I put on shorts today so I have jinxed the weather. I think today is either the 4th or 5th time this summer that I've put on shorts first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Another warm one out there, best in the west

Another stunning day in Dublin, warm and clear blue skies. Bliss

I think Dublin has been 20+ degrees for about 45-50 of the past 60 days. Remarkable stuff

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Becoming more cloudy here in Meath and a fairly chilly breeze is getting going, had to put on a jumper for the first time since June.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Great day in Greystones - clear/sunny - but a chilly enough breeze off the sea. 17.7c atm.

• Advertisement

Gone 24c in south Laois now... bit of a breeze going too. Todays temperatures are a more of a slow but steady rise unlike yesterday's surges.

Sunny with a few fairweather clouds about. Great day again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭highdef

Finally got out for a walk in Trim, Meath. Very pleasant day for walking..... Or running for that matter. Partly cloudy to my southwest but otherwise it's now mostly clear/sunny and the light, sometimes moderate breeze is pleasantly mild. I reckon I'm far enough inland that the nip in the on-shore breeze has been eroded.

Looking east:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Cracking day in Galway.

Thank you August 2022.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,430 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Family wedding this Saturday afternoon in north County Dublin. Any thoughts about what we may get, weather wise?

It is lovely to read so many HAPPY posts...

Out here now is seriously hot. A small breeze but sky and ocean ablaze with light and rippling with heat... and "mellow fruitfulness" is in full ripening.

Saturday and Sunday will be a washout. Much of next week is also looking very unsettled. We are flipping into a very unsettled pattern from Friday evening, it remains to be seen how extensive this unsettled pattern will last for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Kutebride

I was hoping only Friday unsettled :(

BBC animated radar on their forecast is keeping the precip off the coast for Saturday:( Too good to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Widespread rain for the whole of the country all day Saturday and Sunday?

Wouldn't be all day but on and off, will know closer to the time.

• Advertisement

This evening in Durrow. Max of 25c. Down to 15c now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

The GFS has had this wknds low nailed on for nearly two weeks now. Its consistently had it hanging around like a bad smell for a week or more.

It's showing 7-10 days of muck from Friday onwards before HP starts building again around mid September.

I will probably open the Autumn threads tomorrow and yep the first half of September is looking like a write off if the GFS is correct. This could well be the wettest and windiest spell of weather since February. Around mid September may offer some promise of things settling down but that is along way off deep into FI.

Make the most of tomorrow and Thursday. We've been here before several times during the summer where the GFS brings 10 days of very unsettled conditons only for it to downgrade in an instant but this time around I don't think it will.

If the GFS was to verify some places could see up to 110mm of rainfall between this weekend and the following 7 days, especially southern and western coastal areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭Calibos

If I'm honest, I welcome all 100mm of it.

An rud is annamh is iontach.

What is seldom is wonderful.

Who would believe that 'seldom' is referring to 'Rain' in this case!! LOL.

At this stage, this drought in Bray seems like its lasted longer than the famous Summer 2018 one.

I'm not sure if a 10 minute moderate shower during the T&L a few weeks ago and a few hours of overnight drizzle a week later count as the ending of a drought here. Paths barely got damp. Seafront and Bray Head grass has been yellow and straw-like for months now. The only reminder at how green it usually is the patch of lush green grass due to spillage around the public drinking water tap beside Finbee's Coffee shop/Aquarium building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Hairypoppins

I wonder will dublin escape the worse of this incoming unsettled spell ,as its all spiralling up from the south the wicklow mountains could save the day here in Dublin, its happened numerous times before with this sort of set up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭sporina

just lovvvving this weather - around 22 degs... blue skies.. cool breeze - my ideal weather - woo hoo... Cork btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,430 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The land needs a good wetting over the next month for sure, but if it could just not come all at once...

Last sunrise of Summer 2022 in Greystones.

Fog in Southern Laois and a cool 7.7c AWS Low to report.

A refugee from the hordes of Midian... THE MIDGE is swarming and the air is oppressive. Typical end of hot spell conditions,

My walk to pick berries was doomed.. Not oleasant and a good downpour is needed, Thr air is thick...

Offshore Mayo

• Advertisement

Quite a difference between some inland areas and coastal areas on the 7am WOW reports.

Just 6.4c in Ardee ACS whilst Glengarriff ACS is 16.0c

Across in the UK it's Manston in the far SE reporting a rounded 19c whilst Altnaharra in Scotland is a rounded 1c!

Autumn is coming....tomorrow! 🙂

15.4c atm in Greystones.

Today is the last day of summer and could be the last time I see sunshine for the forseeable future, going to spend the whole day outside. Models still showing more than a months worth of rain falling in places over the next week.

What a beautiful walk to school on 1st day back.

Playground then this evening as we could be indoors all weekend by looks of it with all the rain that's forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Tomorrow is another sunny day also Friday isn't looking too bad ,Saturday though could be washout in the east ,that's what currently being modelled anyway

Another lovely sunny day in Dublin. Will be sad to see the back of Summer 2022, one of the best in memory

Hopefully the GFS is just overcooking the rainfall potential over the next week. Still hoping for some kind of downgrade in the models between now and Saturday but it does generally look like it will be unsettled over the next week to 10 days at least.

Let’s be honest we are well overdue some rain, it’s been like 2 months since any sustained rain fell

Oh definitely but I just for sorry for people when bad weather falls on weekend if they have been working all week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement