If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

75" TV for conference room

Options
  • 10-08-2022 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a 75" TV for our conference rooms, it needs to be able to connect wirelessly to a laptop and also have bluetooth and WiFi, not sure on budget but if you could give me a top, middle and bottom option that would be great.

I would also need a suitable wall mount for it.

Many thanks

Dave.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Wiz569.

Thanks for the post.

For connecting a laptop wirelessly to a TV you would have to use screen sharing like you would with a phone. You can not connect via Bluetooth for sending images to a TV, only audio and most TV's have Bluetooth out rather than Bluetooth in. This would allow you to connect to an external speaker or headphones to get sound from the TV.

Starting point for a 75" TV would be the LG 75UQ91006 priced at 1295 Euro (Currently awaiting stock). Has Bluetooth and WiFi.

Next up the excellent Sony 75X89 coming in at 1299 Euro. (Currently in stock)

Sony also have a professional monitor to 75BZ40 which is designed for business purpose. Coming in at 3050 Euro. (Special Order)

Above this we start into OLED which is a massive price increase and if being used as a display screen for laptops I would be worried about screen burn from static images.

LG Offer up the 77B26 coming in at 3495 Euro

There is also a monster deal on a 70" Philips the 70PUS7906 priced at just 699 Euro (Last one Left - Brand New Boxed)

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Thanks Kenny for getting back to me, I presume they can all do wireless screen sharing?

I understand regarding Bluetooth for audio that's fine, and also oled regarding screen burn,

Some cracking prices there thanks.

Hi Wiz569.

No problem at all.

Yip they can all do wireless screen sharing.

Let me know your thoughts once you have done some checking over the products.

I will pass it to my manager tomorrow and see what she says and get back ASAP.

Thanks again

No issue at all Wiz569.

Just drop us a post or message when your ready or if you have any further questions.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny can I reserve the Philips 70" TV plus a wall bracket to suit.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi wiz569,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you PM us with a name, contact number and address we can hold that side for you if you're able to collect from the store.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Hi Guys,

Sorry for late reply but I was out for 10 days with COVID19,

TV installed today , beautiful TV by the way, but it wont do wireless Screen Mirroring which is what it was bought for or even Casting,

Laptop cannot find it when I select to connect wirelessly and doesn't show up in phone list when trying to cast,

Is there a special app I need to install?

Thanks

Dave.

Hey Wiz569.

Glad you have the TV installed but sorry to hear you were out of action with COVID.

For screen Mirroring on the Philips from a laptop:

Open the Mirror for Philips TV app and click “Start Mirroring”. Your computer will cast your laptop or desktop screen wirelessly to your television screen. Now you can open many apps or websites and view them on your Philips television or Philips Android TV.

For Macs:

AirBeamTV released a revolutionary Screen Mirroring app for your Philips Android TV. It allows you to have a smooth mirroring experience of your Mac screen to your Philips TV. The below instructions explains how to install the AirBeamTV Screen Mirroring app on your Philips Android TV via the Google Play Store.

For connecting a Phone:

Install the mobile version of Screen Mirroring from Google Play. Enable the Miracast display on your TV and connect your phone to the TV. On your Android, tap the “Start” button to initiate the mirroring process. From the “Detect” tab, select the name of your TV to connect and mirror your Android screen.

Hope this should get you up and running.

Any issues please let me know.

Hi Kenny

There is no "Mirror for Philips tv app"?

I have managed to sort casting from mobile or tablet, but the screen mirroring from a laptop no joy.

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Wiz569.

Hmmmm.

Try this one:

To wirelessly cast content to your television, you first need to have a phone, tablet or laptop that is Miracast certified.

Operating systems supported:

Windows 8.1 or greater

Windows phone 8.1 or greater

Android 4.4 or greater

Blackberry 10.2.1 or greater

To cast the content from your device to your TV, simply follow these easy steps

1. Open up the project to another screen options for your PC. You can either use the display options (usually found on one of the Function Keys.
    Keys (F8 for example) and select “Connect to a Wireless Display” or you can press the Windows Key and type “Project.” Then select
    “Project to a second screen” and you will see the “Connect to a Wireless Display” option 

1. First place your PC in the display mode you wish to use (i.e. Duplicate or Extend Desktop mode)
    2. Select Connect to a Wireless Display and you will see a list of Wireless displays available, including the Philips TV. Choose the TV
    3. Your PC output will appear on the TV.

Tried all that, the 2 laptop I have tried are new running Windows 10, when I chose "connect to wireless display" it doesn't find the TV, it did find a different TV so the laptop part is working.

Hey Wiz569.

Now I am confused.

Let me see what else I can find out.

Just to check that all the devices are on the same network?

Yes all devices on same network.

Hey Wiz569.

Okay, I've got it running here on the 55PUS7906 from my lap top wirelessly.

Go into the Play store and download Screen mirroring App. It has the below Logo:

Open it and it will give a Code and instructions.

It asks you go to https://tvee.app inn the browser on the laptop and it will open a page with the below at the top:

Click on the circled option "Windows,Mac, Linx"

It the bring up the next page and you input the code from the TV and hit connect and away you go.

Any issues please let me know.

I tried that earlier, it only connects if you dont also chose to share audio, so no sound,also it's not exactly customer friendly , I was under the impression you should be able to just go to Display Settings and chose connect to wireless display?

Sorry for slow answers I'm run off my feet in here today 🙂

Hey Wiz569.

It's no problem at all.

If you download the AirBeamTV app I mentioned above it will have you up and running. Download it from the Play store and open it. Make sure everything is on the same network and follow the on screen prompt.

It will get you to enter a IP address looking series of number into your address bar on the laptop to sync them.

Then Click on the 3 dots top right of the browser. Select Cast, this brings up a list of possible screens to cast to. There is a SOURCE drop down. Click it and select screen (It will be set to tab to start with).

Then select the 70" Philips from the list and done.

It also states to use Edge as the browser but I have tried it on Chrome and it also works.

I have tried it here at the store and it works and gives the audio also.

After the first time connecting, you then only need to open the app on the TV and cast using the browser. Once cast you can minimise the browser and play content from other locations on the laptop.

Cheers Kenny will try next week when I'm back in.

Dave.

No problem Wiz569.

Let me know if there any issues.

Have a great weekend.

Hi Kenny,

No joy with Airbeam as I think it only works on Mac, saying that it's stuck on this screen,

Cheers

Post edited by wiz569 on

• Advertisement

Hi Wiz569.

It 1000% works.

I've had it running here at the store and it is stills set up on my windows laptop and i can cast within 3 clicks of my mouse to a PUS7906.

Airbeam works for everything not just MAC.

Once you download the app onto the TV from the Play store, just open it and follow the prompts.

I did m8, it starts up and sits at that screen? I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it a few times, I will try again when the room is empty later.

Cheers

Hey Wiz569.

Let me see if I can get some screen shots for you and try and work out what is happening at your end.

I've just checked and the App is actually AirScreen.... I tried a good few apps the other day and have got myself mixed up :(

Looks like the below on the play store

It does AirPlay & Cast & Miracast & DLNA.

This one will definingly work.

Again apologies on the Airbeam app mixed up.

No worries will try that after lunch :)

Ok got the video working but no sound plus I noticed the cursor is a bit jumpy ?

Hey Wiz569.

I'm not sure what else to try as I have it working here with video and Audio using that Airscreen app. I can play music from youtube with audio, play from a USB drive with videos and anything else that you can normally do with screen sharing.

It might sound stupid but you do have the TV volume and laptop volume turned up?

I have to admit the mouse is a little slow but its not too off putting.

If you are unhappy with the product you are still within the time frame to return it to us for credit.

If you wish I can send you a video in an email to show it working at this end to show that it does work with Audio and Video.

I believe you Kenny honestly, can you screenshot your TV audio settings for me and I'll try again tomorrow, and then I'll make a decision if that's ok?

Hey Wiz569.

I'll see what I can get on the audio settings and revert back.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.