Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭hometruths

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lol. Yea, you got him alright. No one noticed you dodged the question.

So either you do believe that CQD was engaging in the revisionism you're constantly accusing people of, but don't want to admit this.

Or you believe that his rewriting of events is acceptable.

Either way, it exposes that your arguments are complete nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭moonage

No one replied to the above question I asked, so I assume that when people got each jab they were given no information on how to report adverse reactions and were not told of the importance of doing so. Lots of adverse reactions would then never get reported so an accurate picture of how safe/unsafe the jabs are could never be built up.

That's very shocking—they were taking an undertested treatment, where corners had been cut and clinical trials were still ongoing. They were essentially guinea pigs in a giant experiment but weren't being properly monitored for negative reactions. 

I suspect this was all quite deliberate.

Cool. What adverse reactions were under reported?

Any comments at all about the at this stage hundreds of dodged questions from the conspiracy theorists?

Like for example the most recent claims that the vaccines are causing the supposed rise in excess deaths? Or the supposed rise in infertility?

Do you believe that the vaccines are causing those?

Why should any one have bothered with your silly question given that we've yet to hear any coherent, rational conspiracy theory about the vaccines?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Was it genuinely a serious question? I thought you were taking the piss!

Hmm…I wonder who a person would talk to/see if they are ill.

You really should get yourself to a vaccination centre to get the experience before asking silly questions.

• Advertisement

So people weren't told what to do, how to do it and the importance of doing it. It was all left very vague because it wasn't mentioned to them at all.

On top of that GP services weren't operating normally and it was difficult to interact with them. Also some people wouldn't have wanted to "bother" their doctor during "these difficult times".

It was, and is, a very inadequate system for monitoring adverse reactions. 

And no, I won't be going to a jab centre to "get the experience". My blood is untainted and will remain so.

Where did I say that people weren’t told what to do?

You can go through the process right up until the needle is stuck in you, then opt out. You’d know the process then.

Lol "untainted"...

But what adverse effects do you believe were underreported?

Also, since you ignored the questions I asked you, I assume that you also believe that the vaccines have been causing all of the excess deaths and a reduction in birthrates.

Can you provide some evidence for these claims?

OK, what were you told about reporting adverse reactions? Was it verbal or was there a leaflet? Or was nothing at all said about it?

Did you sign something before each jab went in your arm? If so, what was it?

So you believe that there is some conspiracy that you won’t specify based on procedures they you know nothing about, and you want people to tell you about the procedure so that you can then use it to build your conspiracy theory….

• Advertisement

It's pretty funny that he won't actually get out from behind his keyboard to do some actual investigation even when he believes that there's a conspiracy he's discovered that's killing millions and rendering the world infertile.

The fact that you won't tell me the procedures (or lack of them) for reporting adverse reaction is very telling.

Perhaps the procedures are non-existent or totally inadequate with the result that a large number of adverse reactions are not being reported.

No it’s not. Stop making crap up. It’s a bit childish. There is nothing stopping you learning first hand. You don’t even have to receive the vaccine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I was given several pages of information on my first jab, specific to that jab, and a separate leaflet about covid vaccinations in general. Second jab I think I just got a repeat of the manufacturer sheets. Don't think I was given anything for the third, but there were the same pages of documentation stacked up for people to help themselves to if they wanted.

• Administrators Posts: 14,033 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

@moonage When you book your vaccination you have to consent online to receive it. If you don't consent online you are asked on the day if you consent to receiving it. If you do consent online, you are asked to confirm that you consented. You can consent, or not at this point. The person giving the vaccination has access to your online application in front of them, and they go through your application and consent before giving the injection.

They also go through a list of questions asking about your medical history, any reactions in the past, any cardiac issues etc. You have to answer each question.

You are given a leaflet with information regarding the vaccine you are being given, and what to do if you have a reaction. You are also verbally advised on how you might feel afterwards and what to do if you have a reaction.

You are then given the injection along with an information card with the date and batch of vaccine you have been given and sent to sit in the observation area for 15 minutes.

I hope this answers your question.

"You are given a leaflet with information regarding the vaccine you are being given, and what to do if you have a reaction."

Do you have a link to a typical leaflet that outlines what to do if you have an adverse reaction? I'd be interested to see the exact information given, its prominence and the wording used.

If not, did it it contain a link to the "COVID-19 Vaccine Adverse Reaction Report" on the Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA) website? Were older people who mightn't have internet access given paper copies that they could fill in and post off, if required.

Were there any follow up emails or texts reminding people of the importance of reporting any adverse reactions and how to go about it?

But what adverse reactions are you concerned about?

You guys have claimed that the vaccine is killing millions of people.

The claim now seems to be that this is somehow being covered up simply by not telling the people who are going to die about the adverse effects reporting systems.

Which is silly.

Also, if you're so interested in this information, why are you simply not going to get your own vaccine, but stop at the last second? Why not call doctors and ask?

This questions of your seem very performative and more geared towards pretending you're investigating something than actually doing anything.

@moonage do you think if someone has an adverse reaction they are not going to seek medical advice? Either from their GP, out of hours GP service, or ED?

Do you think there is some big cover up to hide "adverse reactions"

Do you believe people are being discouraged or blocked from seeking medical help/advice? Without knowing anything about the process?

An individual, GP, hospital, pretty much anyone, can report an adverse reaction to any vaccine to the Health Products Regulatory Authority. It doesn't have to be the person themselves.

Plenty of information is given on the day. And plenty of options for seeking medical attention if you have an adverse reaction. If you're too sick to seek proper medical attention, like advised, then you're probably going to be too sick to log on to a website to record that you're too sick. If you're not sick enough to seek medical attention then the "adverse reaction" is probably not "adverse" enough to be reported. The priority would be getting medical attention first, reporting the incident second.

Have you heard of anyone who had an adverse reaction who was unable to receive medical attention and unable to report the reaction because they didn't know how?/Didn't know they needed medical attention?/Were too old to find a website?

Were there any follow up emails or texts reminding people of the importance of reporting any adverse reactions and how to go about it?

I don't think so. But when booking 2nd dose and booster you are asked if you had any reaction previously.

The main problem is not that people aren't seeking and getting medical attention. It's that the system in place tends to discourage and minimise any possible links being made between the jabs and adverse reactions.

I would have expected that with the mass jabbing of the population with undertested drugs that hadn't got full approval that there would have been a very thorough, robust and transparent monitoring and reporting system in operation. Instead of the inadequate and slapdash system we, and other countries, have. 

You say: "If you're not sick enough to seek medical attention then the "adverse reaction" is probably not "adverse" enough to be reported." I don't agree with that at all. An adverse reaction is an adverse reaction and should be picked up by the system. Plus lots of people put up with an ailment and grin and bear it, especially when it's difficult to get to see a doctor.

Because of the inadequate system in place there are bound to be far more adverse reactions than officially reported.

The public were told that the jabs had been properly tested and were "safe and effective". Yeah, right.

But again, you're not talking about what adverse effects you're talking about. You're doing this on purpose.

It's either because you understand that the vast majority of these adverse effects mean things like "sore arm" or "redness". If that's the case, then that means that you've no point as these adverse effects aren't an issue.

Or you aren't saying what the effects are because you subscribe to the silly conspiracy theories and believe that these are effects like death or infertility. If thats the case, you understand that this is silly, as people won't ignore adverse effects like this.

You won't say what the adverse effects are. This shows your concern is completely facetious.

You also ignore the majority of his post. This is typical of conspiracy theorists.

He pointed out that doctors are able to report adverse effects and monitor for these specifically. Are they discouraged from reporting also? If so, how?

You also ignored the questions he asked, so I think it's fair to assume that you can't point to any examples of some one who had an adverse reaction and was unable to report it. Given the claims on the thread this last few pages, we can also take that to mean that no one did this as no one has any personal experience of such a thing.

The "Jabs" have been tested and they have been shown to be safe.

(Still weird you guys are reluctant to actually use the term "vaccines". It's like you think they're Voldemort or something.)

• Advertisement

Do you have any evidence that adverse reactions, a sizeable number or tiny number, were not reported?

It's like you're hoping they weren't reported but you have no idea whether they were or not, or whether people were given information on how to or not.

You asked a question on whether people were given the information. This was answered. They were. It's up to individual people to report their symptoms, if they have them. Not up to The HSE or whoever you think should be responsible, to text, ring, email every single recipient of a vaccine to ask if they've had an adverse reaction.

A bad reaction will probably hospitalise you. Hospitals treat patients and fill in all relevant paper work. Ring your GP and local ED and ask them if someone presents with an adverse reaction to a vaccine what the procedure is. Why don't you go to a vaccination centre and ask for a copy of the information leaflet. I can only tell you my experiences. Which didn't involve actually having an adverse reaction.

"Still weird you guys are reluctant to actually use the term "vaccines". It's like you think they're Voldemort or something."

"Vaccines": I like how you put inverted commas around the word because they're not really vaccines in the traditional sense.

I used to call it needlecraft here but it's not allowed because it's sarcastic or something. Now I just call them jabs.

You are making claims about a system that you knew nothing about a few hours ago. You don’t have a clue what adverse reactions you even believe are occurring. Why would you do that?

But they are vaccines. I put the inverted commas around it to denote it was a term you are avoiding.

You've been told not to use the silly term "needlecraft" because it was ridiculous.

Why are you not using the term "vaccines"? Are you afraid that they will come and get you if you say "vaccines" out loud?

Also, you ignored the majority of my post. Why? I believe it's because you're not able to address any of the points. I will assume that this is the case if you ignore them again.

Cause he has to clutch at any straw he can.

We've gone from claims that the vaccines have been killing millions to the claim that the vaccines are causing more "redness".

"It's up to individual people to report their symptoms, if they have them. Not up to The HSE or whoever you think should be responsible, to text, ring, email every single recipient of a vaccine to ask if they've had an adverse reaction."

Come on lads. One of you must have the leaflet in a drawer that outlines the procedure for reporting adverse reactions. I'd like to see the exact wording.

Hopefully the section will be very prominent, urging people to report any adverse reactions and emphasising why it is so important to do so and how they do it either in person or online. There might also be a list of possible reactions that they should look out for.

Again this would by something you could easily find out yourself by getting out from behind your keyboard.

But you won't. Cause you don't really care that much.

Your question has been answered. You've ignored every question put to you. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,170 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They are vaccines in the traditional sense. They innoculate you with an element of a virus into your immune system to trigger an immune response to that virus to protect you against the virus should you encounter it in future. They have the same limitations as any vaccine which deals with viruses that can infect the mucuous membrane of the nose. They are still vaccines.

The studies cited on the thread from Sweden and Qatar and the other studies show how the vaccine produces antibodies, and immunity and the effect this has in cases reduction and protection versus severe covid.

Other vaccines for viruses have it 'easier' in the sense that the virus needs to get into the lymph nodes or blood to start causing damage \ symptoms \ spread - and the primed immune system has far more scope to stop it before it gets to that point. These other viruses tend to mutate less.

In terms of dealing with the virus getting deeper into the respiratory system, lungs, causing systemic effects - the covid vaccines work.

So it's not that the covid vaccines don't work - it's that they are dealing with a different threat. A relatively fast mutating virus which can trigger spread by an infection of the mucuous mebrane rather than having to penetrate deep into the body's core systems.

Post edited by odyssey06 on

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

We know that the reporting systems worked because otherwise we wouldn't have anti vaccine people pointing to the VAERs or Yellow Card data and claiming thousands or millions of deaths due to the vaccines, including for cases such as broken legs, sunburn, taking up smoking or getting pregnant for some of the more daft reactions they counted in their numbers.

We wouldn't have those kind of reports if it was difficult for medical staff to make reports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

I presume all the epv/vaccine fanatics are the same pro drug/additive/gmo people who believe all additives, drugs. foods modified, that are approved are perfectly acceptable and will have no long term effects. Seems to be a trend that people who are more holistically orientated and more for natural food and production methods are the anti gmo,anti gmo vaccine people. King mob will be on looking for proof in 2 minutes that gmo foods kill people. Where we all sort of know yes they do kill people. Not directly but when you kill ecosystems with gmo produce you will indirectly kill people. Excess deaths will rise and we are seeing it now

Advertisement