Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

He's made a career out of avoiding fighters and fighting fighters at the right time. He has cherry picked his fights. No Wilder fight. No fury Fight. Not even an Ortiz.

Rather than fight Wilder or Fury he opted to face a light-heavyweight fighter in Usyk.

Hearn/Joshua waited until Klitschko, Pulev, and Povetkin were just about 40 or over.

That's classic avoidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How did AJ dodge/run from Fury, exactly? In 2021 they were very close to a fight.....it was Wilder and a court that blew that apart.

It reads like you really dislike AJ and Hearn and you're throwing around baseless accusations to bolster this.

Post edited by walshb on

Read it like that if you want. I'm stating facts.

So let’s see the facts. You have made accusations. The facts now need to back up your accusation that AJ and Hearn were ducking x, y and z.

and having a hunch doesn’t count!

No Wilder fight. No fury Fight. Not even an Ortiz. These fights never happened. Hearn brought over Ortiz. He fought Allen. They took a look and the fight with Joshua never happened.

Rather than fight Wilder or Fury he opted to face a light-heavyweight fighter in Usyk.

Hearn/Joshua waited until Klitschko, Pulev, and Povetkin were just about 40 or over.

Where are the accusations? He has never been in with the best or when they've been in their prime.

• Advertisement

Usyk was pretty much a mandatory. The Fury fight was not there to make....you need to read up on this. There was no Fury ducking.

Wilder-AJ didn't happen...as much on Wilder's side as AJs. It just did not happen.

Wlad and AJ fought in 2017. When exactly did you want AJ to fight him, considering AJ is a pro since 2013 really?

Whyte was mandatory for over 1600 days. We all know money talks in these situations. Mandatory is easily skipped over.

Wilder has fought Fury three times. Fought Ortiz three times. High calibre opponents. Stepping in against Ruiz next. Fury like wise in a shorter space of time. What's Joshua's excuse?

Things are not gonna change. The management team want their percentage cuts out of handy fights from the cash cow. They won't want to risk those percentage cuts.

Joshua's new trainer - same thing -

“I think it’s a really good fight," Garcia told ESNews of Joshua vs Wilder. "I think Wilder is dangerous, he’s got that one-punch power that’s hard to stay away from, and if he lands it’s going to be hard. Anthony has great footwork, great movement, great jab, straight one-twos, and he also hits very hard. He hits very, very hard, so it’s a very good fight.”

“I think the smart thing to do with Anthony is take a couple fights that are gonna’ be comfortable, that are going to be good for you, get your confidence, your belief in yourself. Then go after another big one. Our first fight together against Usyk? F***, that’s tough, right? I think Anthony’s got a lot left, but pick the right fights.

"Don’t go after the tough match right now. Not saying he can’t beat them, but he’s got the right. He went two straight, very tough fights. So get a couple comfortable wins. Everybody does it."

Get back to me when you can show how AJ ducked Fury......

Get back to me when AJ fights someone with a belt in their prime.

Oh yeah, that won't be happening.

If can't beat a 35-year-old light heavyweight, he won't be risking it against anyone in their prime. Maybe, he'll fight Ruiz again if he can get him to weigh in at 283lbs again and get on his bike... 😂😂😂 Maybe, he can get Bellew out of retirement for a fight 😁

Ok, so as I said and thought, your last few posts on AJ were nothing but a rant against him an Hearn.

No facts/evidence to back up the AJ ducked Fury nonsense.

Bellew'd probably beat him, by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Dan rafael reports that Lucas browne and jarrel miller have agreed a deal in principle for a fight in November either in Abu Dhabi or the o2 on the dubois undercard

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Speaking of Whyte's bracket, Hunter vs Hughie is back on for October 29

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Well now it’s not fair to say whyte is shite. He’s a good fighter in the current group. Not great, second drawer. Fury got him with a very good finish but he hadn’t had a very easy time whyte gave him a workout even if he did fight well within himself. I think he deserves a bit more credit than he gets. He might do better against Usyk. Any of the other big 3 I think predictably ko him in a decent scrap.

i think Joyce, Parker also beat him and the likes of Dubois it’s a toss up. What id fear for him is that he will lose a lot of fights by ko now, largely due to switching off which is a fitness problem. Dunno if there’s a lot more left in him

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

All fighter pick guys at the right time,

Fury had nothing to lose when he fought Wlad & everything to gain , He had everything to lose when he decided to fight Wilder

AJ for me has avoided what he thinks are problems, Ortiz, ( hhe was brought over & passed) Wilder,Fury , I really do think after Usyk v Chisora & Bellew himself & Hearn thought the would blow him away, He'll pick Whyte next,

Wilder had balls to go fight Ortiz twice , & was going to fight AVP in his own back yard when he was good , Fury fight he thought was a gimmie & well timed ,

Usyk won't avoid anyone just not his style

• Registered Users Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Eddie Hearn talking to ifltv said he’s going on a world tour with Aj next and it’s a relief to be without the belts and it’s a good match up to fight whyte next.

he also said Aj threw the belts out in frustration over the sanctioning fees he’s had to pay the relevant bodies

The internet isn’t for everyone

Earnie Shavers has passed away..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Ruiz v Ortiz coming up, potentially interesting fight. Ruiz has slimmed down quite a bit since the Joshua fights, performed well last time out after a very dodgy start. Will he have too much for an ageing Ortiz?

Ruiz issue last time out was he looked to slim ,

The guys need to keep some weight on him to retain his power & durability but just get his fitness where it should be,

He was in fine form in AJ 1 but way to big for AJ 2

Sad news. One hard hitter. Will never forget that image of him banjaxing Jimmy Ellis

Do you really think he was in shape vrs Joshua 1? I thought he was a fat blob

• Advertisement

Saying that I do think he’s a great match up for Ortiz. I think Ortiz is finished. Martin really messed up losing to him and it took all he had. If Ruiz is in any kinda form he will be much too quick for Ortiz. Ortiz would be fine against someone as slow as he’s become like Zhang or Helienus types but smaller HWs with speed I think will wear him out and stop him. Ruiz is smaller but with power so I think stops him around 5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Ruiz had clearly been using Photoshop in the build up again as he just weighed in at 268, same as the first AJ fight and 12lbs heavier than his last fight. He doesn't look to be anything other than his usual plump self.

Well how is it going to go tonight with Ruiz and Ortiz? I’m thinking KO Ruiz 4-5

Even enough fight but for the knockdowns I thought Ortiz was shot. Maybe even Martin isn’t that bad or am I delirious. Be thinking Wilder to beat Ruiz but not a nice fight for him

Honestly i think he was too slim in his last fight he lost to much weight,

Its not a beauty contest he's a small dude he needed the weight for durability & power, As long as his gas tank is ok he is fine,

Now I'm not saying he turns up like in AJ2

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

A fit and focused Ruiz is a tough fight for anybody.

I think it’s a brilliant fight. Not sure Wilder can take flurries from Ruiz I think he’d be ragdolled about a bit. But then there’s the big shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭geotrig

It'll be an interesting fight Ruiz can take heavy hits so far fairly well but has good power himself and has quick hands , I'd also like to see Wilder vs aj but that's not happening soon I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Usyk not fighting again this year, Fury has offered AJ a shot at the title!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Fury is an out and out waffler. Can’t fooking shut him up now.

Retired couple weeks ago, and now on constantly insulting other boxers looking for fights.

Usyk was never boxing in December, and Fury knows this.

Advertisement