Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs for 2022

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Squeezed between the two it was the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium to see a certain Lady who was not even born when I took those prior pictures of Jackson and Weller

That's Entertainment I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Remember the rumours years ago she was a guy

Far from it I'll tell ya haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I didn't even know she was touring, has she toned down the stories in the middle of the song that kill the flow?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It was postponed due to the pandemic, although I only picked up a ticket a few weeks ago

There was very little chat. It was a completely choreographed show. Here's the setlist

You will see the prelude, 5 acts plus encore. There were video interludes between acts as she made costume changes, or indeed found her way to the central stage (those interludes probably took 20+ mins out of the actual concert). Absolutely spectacular show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I read alot of complaints online about the poor design of the stage.

If you were sitting near to the stage, alot of the most expensive seats you couldnt see the inner part of the stage properly.

Stage looked like something out of the 1980s, big box thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

That setlist looks incredible, and I imagine the popart installation style show really suits her.

I was right in front of the stage on the right of the two piers. visibility of the main stage centre was abysmal, but not as bad for me as for some as I was taller than anyone else around there (it was only standing, no seats, on the pitch). My long arms meant I still got a lot of great photos. Many were looking at the screen to see what was going on. My camera acted as a periscope for me. Now she actually probably spent only half the time in the centre, with excursions down those piers and one act taking place entirely on the separate stage near the centre of the pitch. That meant a lot of people actually in front of the stage did not get a good view for a lot of it. Again my height helped significantly. However it does question the fundamentals of the golden circle tickets where your direct visibility of what was going on could be limited for a great deal of the time

I went there because I could pick up a ticket to fill a gap in my "diary" (I was on the Rosslare ferry out on Wednesday, with cricket in Bristol that evening and in Cardiff the following evening, then up to York for Joe Jackson on Friday, down to London for this on Saturday and stopping off in Swansea for Weller last night and then on the 2.45 ferry back this morning). I actually saw her at the Aviva 10 years ago, taking my 2 oldest to their first gig, but it was way too loud for them and we had to come out and go home after half an hour or so

People around me last night were very disappointed that she hardly used our side of the stage at all, but as I've said I fared a bit better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thats some diary you had, you really got alot in !

The stage design seem appalling from what you have described, no idea how that got off the drawing board.

And so a near 400km round trip to the 3Arena on Saturday

Squeeze:

Biddle & Large

Tilbrook

and "unplugged"

Madness

Suggs:

and Thompson

and the pair of them purveying it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I'm hopefully going to be adding Electric Picnic to my list. Trying to source tickets...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

I'm stalking websites for info on Lizzo gigs, would love to see her!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Updated list.

2022 so far...

24-03-22 The Staves, The Helix

10-04-22 Sparks, Vicar Street

13-04-22 Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets, Convention Centre

21-04-22 Dua Lipa, 3Arena

25-04-22 Lucy Dacus, Olympia

16-05-22 Public Service Broadcasting, Olympia

19-05-22 Christian Lee Hutson, The Grand Social

04-06-22 Paul Heaton + Jacqui Abbott/Deacon Blue, St. Anne’s Park

05-06-22 Billie Eilish, 3Arena

12-06-22 Duran Duran/Goldfrapp, St. Anne’s Park

13-06-22 Mitski, Olympia

20-06-22 Phoebe Bridgers, Fairview Park

22-06-22 Sharon Van Etten, Vicar Street

26-06-22 St. Vincent/Snail Mail, Fairview Park

28-06-22 Yes, Vicar Street

01-07-22 Elton John, Páirc Uí Chaoimh

16-07-22 Pixies, Iveagh Gardens

06-08-22 Madness/Squeeze, 3Arena

The most likely contenders for my top five of the year so far, pictured above. Pixies, Sparks, Elton John, St. Vincent and Duran Duran.

Still to come...

24-08-22 Cassandra Jenkins/Iona Zajac, Pavilion Theatre

28-08-22 Leo Sayer, Bord Gáis Energy Theatre

29-08-22 Wolf Alice, Olympia

30-08-22 Wolf Alice, Olympia

26-09-22 James Taylor, 3Arena

06-10-22 Lindsey Buckingham, The Helix

09-10-22 Bret McKenzie, National Stadium

08-11-22 Biffy Clyro, 3Arena

09-11-22 Belle and Sebastian, Olympia

17-11-22 Sigur Rós, 3Arena

19-11-22 Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit/The Rails, Olympia

23-11-22 Ricky Ross, The Sugar Club

28-11-22 Wet Leg, Academy

01-12-22 The Cure, 3Arena

09-12-22 Clannad, 3Arena

Post edited by delbertgrady on

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Kurt Vile coming up on Tuesday and then Electric Picnic the following weekend 😁

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I've now added Bob Dylan to this list, so I now have three fairly eclectic nights in a row in November: Bob Dylan (7th), Biffy Clyro (8th) and Belle & Sebastian (9th).

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

Kurt Vile was excellent last night. Roll on EP at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

What time was Kurt onstage last night? Planning for tonight, tx

OK, I admit it - I went to see Liam Gallagher at Kilmainham last week, and of course the Charlatans

Then Liam again on Saturday at Wembley

There was also Queens of the Stone Age

Nile Rodgers

Kesha

Supergrass

a bit of Chevy Metal

The Coattail Riders

Stewart Copeland

BriJo

James Gang

and a few more, including the Fighters from Foo

• Advertisement

That concert sounded awesome, wasn't a gig but was over at WWE in the Principality Stadium Cardiff. Great experience. Next gig is Garth Brooks in Croker on Friday

I'm keeping the art ot stub collecting alive in a creative way without having too pay extra for a 'real ticket' nowadays (screenshot the Google wallet ticket ,fix it around in Paint 3D and print)

Biffy Clyro in the 3Arena on the 8th November can be added to my list

Excellent show back in 2014 in the marquee, a little spooky given a few artists supposed/did play Ireland that year who ended up here this year

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Biffy's O2 show in 2013 was particularly impressive, as was the Unplugged show in the Helix.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Questions & Answers!

2013 at the point was great, Different People was amazing opener. City & Colour support too. Best thing with Biffy is its a guaranteed great gig.

I think it was 2013 that I saw them in Belfast on the same tour. Also caught the Unplugged in the Waterfront Hall in Belfast...and saw them supporting Muse at the Boucher Road Playing Fields...in Belfast 😁

The audience singing along to Bubbles in the Waterfront was worth the admission price alone.

Another one off the list for 2022, Garth Brooks Croke Park

Rest For 2022

6th Oct- Lindsey Buckingham The Helix

8th Nov- Biffy Clyro 3Arena

1st Dec- The Cure 3Arena

8th Dec- Alter Bridge 3Arena

So far only Bruce in 2023 but the way things are going that Ozzy show could happen next summer

• Advertisement

On the ferry over to Pembroke Dock yesterday morning fully expecting that evening's gig in Swansea to be called off by the time I got there. But no, the message came through that it was recommended that such events go ahead except for the day of the Queen's funeral. Apparently a lot of sporting events had been called off as they could cause a strain on police resources with so many looking to pay their respects. So the first gig of the Steve Hackett, Genesis revisited, Foxtrot at Fifty + Hackett Highlights went ahead. And a fine performance it was:

Then the 2:45am ferry back

Advertisement