Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta Stage 11 - ElPozo Alimentación - Cabo de Gata. 191.2km

Options
  • 31-08-2022 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭

Stage underway nothing major happening by the looks of it. Flatish stage heading out towards the coast without Sam. Weather along the route is going to be El Scorchio by the looks of it

Comments

Simon Yates a non starter.

EDIT: Sivakov now too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I might have fancied the break having a chance with the possible wind towards the finish but given there are only 3 out there they probably haven't a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ah jesus LouLou!

Alaphilippe down there, and in no hurry to get back up. Looks to be the shoulder. Man's had a train wreck of a year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Feck sake there goes his WC defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Just turned on eurosport to see alaphillpe been loaded into an ambulance. What happened to him?

Just a fall on a slight bend in the road, dust or a team mates wheel even. Looked to have rolled in the fall and they mentioned it was onto the shoulder he did in the tour of Flanders.

PCS getting some free advertising there.

You can see why so many westerns were filmed in this area over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Carlton has just listed everyone who will be involved in the sprint. I lost count after the hundredth name. The only people that won't be leading out or galloping are Remco and the lad on the neutral service motorbike

• Advertisement

Molano could have won that if he wasnt looking around for Ackermann

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Pedersen's lead-out was rubbish - he was dumped into the wind 200m to go, But it didn't matter as he didn't have the legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

He’s just not a great sprinter. A very fast finisher and obviously a great rider but he’s not a sprinter. He’ll have the green jersey wrapped up by the weekend though

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MyDarkArts

I like Pedersen as a rider and I will be happy to see him take Green in the absence of Bennett, but he was nowhere today. Probably needed to move up the peleton earlier too, gave himself too much to do to get a decent position before the lead out went.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Raymzor

32 riders that started the Vuelta will not start tomorrow!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

If I took nothing else from this stage it's the sad fact, no longer fan boy theory, that Sam would have had no issue regaining the green jersey and holding it to the end. His lead out man, who took some incredible lines today barely missed out on the win.

Advertisement