Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I was coming back in to post that.

So another few varying recollections to add to the pile it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

She really seems to think she can say what she wants without being corrected!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I had read that somewhere too.

I think she thinks if she says it, that's 'her truth' 😁 (I hate that expression) and it doesn't seem to occur to her that things can be checked up, and contradicted.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I wonder then, if she actually & genuinely believes her own statements? Like, does she really believe she met a South African at a film premier and he told her that? Or does she know she's bull-shítting?

Both Omid and 'end of the road' will soon make it clear what she actually meant!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A good question. She certainly does not seem to think through the consequences for other people of the stories she tells.

Just to pick one example the claim that they married three days before what she called the 'spectacle' of their actual wedding day. Had that happened, which we know it didn't, there would be consequences for the Archbishop, for example. (And we know who his boss is. 😁)

"The legal wedding was on the Saturday. I signed the wedding certificate, which is a legal document, and I would have committed a serious criminal offence if I signed it knowing it was false." Archbishop of Canterbury.

Likewise with that actor story, that could land someone in a heap of bother if it was believed that they had made any such comparisons as she claimed, to her getting married being celebrated in a similar way by South Africans, as the freeing of Nelson Mandela.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

There really is something wrong with her if she made that up and put it out there for the world to hear. She has no shame, I think she actually believes these lies. Literally delusional and she should get help for that. No doubt she will double down though and come out with more nonsense about she is the most worshipped and also the most persecuted person ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

So the South African actor who likened the celebrations of the spectacle wedding to those at the time of Mandelas walk to freedom wasn't even at the premiere? I think it's time, assuming this is Meghan conjuring up something that never happened, for someone behind the scenes to genuinely ask Meghan if she is ok. I'm sure a spokesperson will clarify that she misspoke or say something along the lines of an unfortunate lapse of memory but they would be enabling this bizarre behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Maybe when she said ‘he was like light’, she was describing a hallucination 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭madeiracake

Reminded of Amber Heard here, Meghan just doesn't seem to get to that just because you want something to be true doesn't mean it is. The delusional behaviour is very worrying when there are children involved.

So you’re spouting rubbish about something you haven’t even read?

The reason I suggested you just look at the pictures was that Meg was copying Diana. On the 25th anniversary of her death. Wearing an almost identical outfit and pose. Coincidence, I suppose!

The grey rocking by the Royals has perhaps come to fruition and, without uttering a word, that tactic now tells anyone rational that Meghan won't let it all go and is so desperate for a clap backing fight that she has conjured up this Mandela comparison. It all benefits the Royals in terms of cutting her (and Harry by association) out socially and interpersonally i.e. Rachel from "Suits" married our spare, we spent millions to launch them, she left with him after 72 days work, her own recollections varied about very serious issues and now she has made up an aggrandising situation which seeks to equate herself somehow with Nelson F*cking Mandela, we'll be damned if we even make eye contact with this absolute balmpot. Any rational person wouldn't blame them in the slightest regardless of their personal feelings about the Royals. The only way to deal with someone toxic really is to not deal with them.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119550246#Comment_119550246 There was an error displaying this embed.

The way she is going, soon the tabloids will have more credibility than she will!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭chooseusername

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119548857#Comment_119548857 There was an error displaying this embed.

Whatever she wore, however she posed, that rag would find a Diana image to compare to

I think that DM are lurking on Boards. I had posted that image alongside Megs one yesterday.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119550246#Comment_119550246 There was an error displaying this embed.

no i am stating the likely reality about something i have read from other sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Meghan claimed that a member of the play the lion king told her at its London premiere that people in South Africa rejoiced as much at her wedding as the release of Nelson Mandela and we’ve had his grandson and the only South African actor in that play completely rubbish that comparison because it’s rightly a completely daft comparison. Oh and that South African actor wasn’t at the premiere so who exactly did she speak to exactly ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

Was it the play or the movie? I’m confused

Just googled. Didn’t realise there had been a remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119546087#Comment_119546087 There was an error displaying this embed.

The interview was even deliberately scheduled by her to coincide with the anniversary. Clearly there is no royal event or occasion that she won't hijack to make about her. I think its safe to say the similarities in the photo to Diana were no coincidence. Definitely not a narcissist though

“Some people will say it was scheduled to coincide with the debut on Meghan’s podcast. But that happened last week. No, it was scheduled to debut the week of Diana’s death,” insiders revealed to RadarOnline.com. “Part of the agreement Meghan’s team made with the outlet was that it had to debut the week of August 29th. Meghan was not given copy or photo approval, but she was given a guaranteed when the interview would run.”

This wasn’t to compete with her late mother-in-law's tragic anniversary but rather to compliment it.

I mean, Diana was also Williams mother but these 2 seem to think they have the right to hijack her memory and put a spin on the events of her life to so they mirror Meghans own. No wonder William is pissed off. It's borderline psychotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

As far as I know yes, both podcasts are on Spotify right now. You dont need a premium account to listen. Im not listening though as I dont want to boost her numbers.

I have a sneaking suspicion that End of the Road is ACTUALLY MEGHAN MARKLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or that Omid guy.

In fairness to both Meghan and the DoC, because Diana was the most photographed woman in the world for so long, they'd be hard pressed to find a dress or outfit that doesn't hark back to something that Diana might have worn once.

There were plenty of outfits that the DoC wore that without a doubt paid homage to Diana, and Meghan is doing the same, only combined with the verbal comparisons, and the constant mentionitis from the Sussexes about Diana, it's a bit over-egged and falls flat.

Meghan definitely doesn't do subtle 😁.

I was trying to remember where I read about Harry introducing Meghan to Diana's sisters. He really really wanted her to be seen as like Diana.

From Tom Bower's book:

By then, Harry had introduced Meghan to Diana’s two sisters, Jane and Sarah, and her best friend Julia Samuel. Harry assumed that Diana’s family and friends would see a similarity between Diana and his fiancée. Both, he said, shared the same problems. He was disappointed. No one agreed that his vulnerable mother had anything in common with his girlfriend.

The logical fallacy list continues to grow.

I was silenced when I was a working Royal but I never signed anything that restricts me from talking.

I have always been an advocate for women using their voice but work for me and you need to sign a non disclosure agreement.

What gets me more about the Mandela story is that she repeated it like it would make people think well of her. Like lets pretend for a minute that it definitely happened and someone told her that South Africans were celebrating her wedding like they were Mandela being released, anyone with the slightest bit of cop on would recognise 1) the person was likely being hyperbolic and 2) repeating it would make you seem vain and delusional.

The two highlights of her life seem to be writing that complaint letter about washing up liquid as a child and marrying Harry, neither of which are that impressive in the grand scheme of things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement