Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

“It’s been such an important part of my life, my world,” he said. “And also, now I’m meeting 22-year-olds in the pub going: ‘I was six when you started the Toy Show’.” 

Either yer man is lying about his age and is underage drinking 🤣

Or Tubs is bullsh1tting us up again. He started presenting the Toy Show in 2009. 13 years ago, not 16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

"Buckle up, it's going to be a busy show" - that's a change.

Tubs has the staff fetch his coffee - I think it's safe to say we can add this to the Freebie list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

"His" staff are demeaning him-ah bless.

Tubs obviously didn't get the memo on Jordan Peele's work being woke.

"The Twilight Zone", or as we call it, RTE.

Tubs mocking the letter writing skills of a listener - not very nice that Captain Kindness, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

"I'm not going to Electric Picnic".

Obviously the free tickets never materialised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Preaching to the converted.

• Advertisement

I'd say it's more a case of it's too far for him, he said previously it was too much effort to go there and complained about the queues etc. - and this would have been in the VIP areas too, and the traffic entering and exiting. I'd say he might go if there was a helicopter available to bring him there and back.

Disclaimer: I have been to the picnic twice, and both were VIP (not humblebragging - work thing). If you are complaining about that you have very little to complain about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

He finished up on July 20th, so he was off for 3 weeks and 2 days.

You're forgetting he has had several other weeks off already this year, he's trying to make it sound like that was his only break He averages about 10 weeks off a year, this whilst finishing for the day before 10am for the vast majority of his "working" days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

Not forgetting that at all, but this is about his July break which started on the 20th and not on the 13th as stated.

Wasn't my post per se but Kildare1976 is usually pretty accurate in their assertions. Either way, what's not for debate is Tubs gets far more than his fair share of holidays.

Tubs reminding listeners he's in "Dublin, Ireland" today, as opposed to "Dublin, Ohio" (or any of the other Dublins).

FREE movie screening yesterday.

"cranking up The Late Late Show machine"

🙄

Tubs licking Gorbachev's hole now so much so you'd almost think he was a Kennedy or a Clinton.

• Advertisement

Now the "Tubs fawns over British Royals Section" - today it's Meghan Markle.

Tubs "worried" about another millionaire work dodger with a charmed life living freely off the state. Aw.

Tubs mentions he met her (AGAIN).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Real heavyweight historical insight there

the mark on his head

Tubs spending 10mins talking about Meghan Markel and her "travails" 🙄, then says:

"Do you care? I don't think I really care."

Then why did you spend 10mins talking about her Tubs? Do you just read every single thing put in front of you on cue cards?

Tubs hinting at a travel agent or a cruise line offering him a FREE cruise.

Do you know Tubs is a big fan of history? You probably didn't as he never mentions it. 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

The beautiful sound of a lawnmower 🤔

• Advertisement

Tubs still didn't get the memo on Jordan Peele being woke and that you can't criticize his work.

Riffin' section over and I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

It's Flatleys vanity project/film Blackbird. Film is supposed to be a disaster. Written, directed and staring Michael Flatley. Tells you all you need to know really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

This is all riffin. Gorbachevs death was only announced late last night. He has already stretched it out 40 minutes. Not sure what the plan for the show was before he died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Somebody justify the Licence fee when it goes to this thief....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Personally, I can't wait to see Blackbird - it looks hilariously bad. The angle of the cap-een on his head - sure it would bring a tear yer eye.....the trailer (above) is hilarious.

"bless me father for I have sinned, and I'm about to sin again." 🤣

I'd be a film snob at the best of times, but this looks like it could be laugh out loud bad. There must be enough material in this alone to keep Mario Rosenstock's impression in business for years begorrah.

It looks like an absolute stinking pile of shoyte - but Tubs will praise it - wait and see. It will be "delicious", "kind", "intriguing", "bonkers", and "great fun".....even though he will know himself it's crap he won't say anything bad about it for fear of Flatley not appearing on TLLS.

Don't forget Joe Duffy, Ray D'Arcy, Lottie Ryan, Anna Geary, Kathryn Thomas, Doireann Garrihy, Baz et al. and the other 100+ staffers in RTE on €100k+ a year.

At least the staffers pay PAYE I suppose, unlike those with their 1 man (or woman - #woke) companies designed to avoid tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Pre-Gorbachev's death the plan was the same as always:

1. Return of The Late Late Show
    2. Toy Show Mention
    3. A humblebragging tale about how hard Ryan "works"
    4. A long plug for the latest movie he watched for free long in advance of public screenings
    5. A list of free stuff sent into RTE for him
    6. A not so subtle hint at other things and trips he'd like for free
    7. Obligatory Beatles or Macca mention
    8. Some Trump bashing
    9. Reminding/telling us how great JFK and Clinton were/are
    10. Some scoffing and sneering at those he finds less intelligent and worldly wise than him, i.e. everyone
    11. A delicious death
    12. An intriguing illness, ideally terminal
    13. A book review - mostly of books he's never read and has no intention of ever reading
    14. Some woke virtue signaling
    15. A song
    16. A plug for his own social media (not the show's)
    17. A mention of kindness
    18. A soliloquy on how much he loves Connemara; esp. Clifden, Roundstone, and Dog's Bay
    19. Mention of a very popular TV show or film, followed by a comment which states that he's never seen it, and implies that he’s ever ever so quirky for not having done so
    20. Details of a jolly jape to the pier in Dun Laoghaire, where passers by complimented him on his presenting and interviewing skills, and how someone bought him a 99 in Teddy's
    21. Casual mention of an upcoming TV show/film that he hasn't yet seen, but it's undoubtedly excellent as it has an Irish person in the cast OR was filmed in Ireland
    22. Calling anyone who has ever been on the TV "a friend of the show" or "a Late Late Show Alumnus"
    23. Talking about an upcoming or returning RTE Show like it's the final episode of The Sopranos
    24. A big fry, chips, tea, plain cake, and real butter
    25. Guffawing for no reason
    26. Fake accents incl. 1920s British gentleman, Trump, Biden, etc.
    27. Irish shops, particularly independent book shops

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

Plus:

* a jolly jape down to the pier in Dun Laoghaire

* how much he loves Conemara

* five mins of how he has never seen x TV show/film, and isn't he so quirky for not having done so

TYFYS 😂 This leaves Wild Mountain Thyme in the ha'penny place, shur begorrah and god be good.

Good calls - I'll add them in. One of the researchers could even print them for him and put them on cue cards so he can remember to tick all the boxes if stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Great work Buttersuki.....a potential separate thread similar to the pointing one!!

- Mention of any upcoming RTE show......its excellent dont you know...

- Mention of TV show/ film that stars an Irish person....he hasnt seen it but its excellent....

- Random mention of any type of "celebrity"....Tubridy has met them..."a friend of the show"....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Thanks Mr. Toast, I’m glad to see you’ve stuck around the thread. It would be hard to beat the pointing thread for high jinx and tomfoolery though…..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

The trailer for Blackbird made my day! Pure gold.

Thank you for THAT @ButtersSuki 👏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭avfc1874

If Michael flatley is on the LLS on Friday,

We are going to see , two fellas felatioing eachother just after the watershed.

Ryan telling Michael how great he is how he made Irish dancing cool and hip, how he thought the film was delicious, and would be great to watch Infront of a georgeous fire.

And Michael blowing smoke up tubs hole how his mother used to always watch the LLS video s in America, tubs will ask do your children watch the toyshow, and flatley will bullshit him and say they call you the toyman, Ryan will pretend to be all embarrassed, but will really be as hard as the other Ryan's totem pole

I genuinely think Blackbird has a chance of breaking even and even making money because it's so bad. Can't wait to hear Tub praise it this morning when he's "allowed" to talk about it (lol).

Seems like RTE have hired a Ukrainian journalist judging by the accent and surname of that last reporter on Morning Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

#diversityboxticked 👍️

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Tubs as giddy as hell today - what is he putting on his cornflakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Kildare1976

After 10 seconds you'd want to switch off. That rediculous laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Kildare1976

And thinking he's a good mimic taking off Neil Diamond. Stomach turningly bad.

Tubs has no idea what spatchcocked is. 🙄

• Advertisement

Tubs destroying Lord of the Rings and Neil Diamond to deflect from Blackbird.

Advertisement