Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in Douglas - See Mod note in post #506

Options
1323334353638»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

TheChizler wrote: »
    The entirety of Smyths is blocked off though isn't it? You have to go online, same as Tesco Click and Collect elsewhere if you want to get those items (assuming they supply them through click and collect)

they don't have certain toys online, so as of right now, you could buy it from smyths (click and collect) but it is out of stock (everywhere that sells them is sold out) but Tesco can't sell them to you but they are in stock...

so i'm hoping IF the level doesn't go down, Tesco Douglas will find a way to work a click/phone and collect for items not on the website but that are in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Tk Maxx is setting up like mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

CEX is re-opening in Douglas, they have a sign in the window looking for staff and some work was going on in store,

Nothing seems to be happening in Sheehans but you can see their shelves and pig are still in there under the shutter.

Bookstation have re-stocked,

and Cork city FC shop is moving into the corner unit by Eurogiant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Gru wrote: »
    CEX is re-opening in Douglas, they have a sign in the window looking for staff and some work was going on in store,

Nothing seems to be happening in Sheehans but you can see their shelves and pig are still in there under the shutter.

Bookstation have re-stocked,

and Cork city FC shop is moving into the corner unit by Eurogiant

Sheehans in a dispute over the rent price aparantly

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

TK Maxx are looking for Christmas staff so they should be open soon enough m!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Is there any hope of Alphasud going back into the car park? They were brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,690 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Music Zone and CEX back in, or located elsewhere, if so where?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Music Zone and CEX back in, or located elsewhere, if so where?

CEX are back anyway - music zone still looked closed the last time I was there (but that was Friday week ago)

Is there any hope of Alphasud going back into the car park? They were brilliant!

They closed their other outlet in Blarney also but you'd never know. They were brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭RINO87

Augeo wrote: »
    They closed their other outlet in Blarney also but you'd never know. They were brilliant.

I think just Blarney couldnt sustain them until Douglas was able to re-open so they have had to move on to other things. I agree, their work was top class and would be great to have them back somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Cork Lass wrote: »

"allegedly resulting in a major fire on August 31st 2019"

Allegedly :pac:

I think that one's pretty conclusive, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

"allegedly resulting in a major fire on August 31st 2019"

Allegedly :pac:

I think that one's pretty conclusive, lads.

The sole fact of the fire is not the question here. The alleged fact is the relationship between prior actions of the defendants and the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Three years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,690 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What happened to the fire starter in the recalled car? Any prosecution or sued?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,776 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Advertisement