Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

So only one of the top 4 can win GOTY 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Yup, pretty sure these are the permutations, relative to my score

• SPACECOYOTE: Top 5 for me and I cant be caught
    • ROADRUNNER: Has to win and me finish worse than 9th. 2nd for you, with no improvement for me would put us equal on best 5 and best 4, which means, I think, that I would win on events won
    • SLAVE1: Win requires me to finish 4th. 2nd requires me to finish 6th. 3rd requires me to finish 7th. 4th requires me to finish 8th. 5th requires me to finish 9th. 6th place requires me to finish 12th or better.
    • CHARLIEIRL: win requires me to finish 5th. 2nd requires me to finish 7th. 3rd requires me to finish 8th. 4th requires me to finish 9th. 5th requires me to finish 10th. 6th place requires me to finish 12th or better.

In terms of top 10, and the Jug places, strictly speaking, everyone from 24th place upwards can leapfrog the current 10th place total, with Scotty_golf9, SeveOB, Doublecross being the ones eligible for the largest leaps up the table having only got 4 qualifiers in so far.

Depending on attendees, I think that someone would have to be looking at targeting getting to around the 600 point mark to put themselves in a strong position (which actually puts Fix and r1986 in fairly precarious positions in current 5th and 6th)

As Fix said, the new points system really tightens things a lot, at the bottom, as well as the top.

A win for anyone from seve in 21st, upwards, would see them above the 600 point mark currently in 5th.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Be fun if I finish 6th and you don’t improve on your worst score Space!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Thanks for the analysis Space.....but nothing beats points in the bag, with a lot more golfers outside the top 4 playing these will likely determine the final result versus the top 4.

An enjoyable final round of the year will be the real winner

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

True @slave1 & @charlieIRL

Actually the numbers say that Slave in 3rd has a slightly easier route to the win than Charlie in 2nd because Charlie's worst counting is 75 and Slaves is 57 so scope for increase is better.

Also interesting that 4 of the people who won events this year are outside the top 10. Admittedly, Bluenote has only played twice, but the other 3 have played a minimum of 6 events.

More proof that the target of GOTY rewarding consistency is holding true

2nd, the place to be.........again

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭bobster453

So basically I need to win in MJ then to qualify for Jug.

No worries then 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I haven’t drilled into it in to much detail but I think 600 might be a fair bit on the high side. I think 580 will be comfortable, but 560 will more than likely be closer to the number to get into the top 10.

but it’s always fun crunching the permutations and combinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

I have learned not to question Space when it comes to numbers. He’d give Alan Turing a good run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,910 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Good Space Hunting ....

Is difficult to predict...because as amateurs that sort of key top 15 positions are erratic enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Snackbox20

I have no hope so in getting into 12th 😂😂😂

Yeah, I wasn't really saying it was going to require 600 to crack the top 10, more of a number that I think you'll need to be around to guarantee it.

Given 10th is 543, and Pakmans worst score is a 43, he would only need to play on the day to improve. Finish in last place and it brings his score to 550. If he finishes 14th, that brings current 10th to 580.

It'll be nice to tee up and KNOW the winner of the GOTY is going to be in our fourball.

Losing 6 shots in a row for spacecoyote does not help his case for the final. Slave has definitely built his points in a more sustainable (sneaky!) manner (I guess you could say the same about me.)

In fairness I missed the first two outings so was well down the board as I was a long time in getting the 5 rounds under the belt which I only just achieved in Tullamore, a course I know backwards

All members, there were lots of vouchers given out over the year - please try spend them and just issuing this as a reminder.

Awful waste if not used...

As someone wisely said you can buy beer and food with that ......

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭CONSI

are all the tee times for mount juliet gone?

Yes, all slots are currently filled, but there is a wait list you can add yourself to, in case of drop outs

Lucky enough to win one of our Sponsors golf shirt recently. Very nice to win and most impressive cooling qualities from the bamboo material. Thanks to stinger.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Snackbox20

Have one in the same colour, great quality golf shirt 👍👍

Me too. There should be a separate group for us winners :)

I actually wear my one all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭spuddy4711

Was luck to snap this little guy, would make a nice logo for the society.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭bobster453

A newt??

How so good logo?

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭spuddy4711

Spot on. They spend most of the time in wet marshy areas, less so in open spaces, moving quickly in warm weather, slowly when cold.

What you doing up at 4am Spuddy.....

Any GOTY results Seve - want to start the Jug thread and wanted results confirmed 100 % before my team talk.

Sure. Give me a little while and I’ll post in afternoon

• Advertisement

Final Table

Advertisement