Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW6 - Transfer Thread

• 31-08-2022 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Looks like cucurella is going up in price tonight.

If so then I a happy camper as it will let me swap for Trippier

Surprised the thread wasnt already opened...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Will Rodrigo be out long term? They popped the shoulder back in anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Will wait and see what happens with James and Chelsea in general before doing anything.

Mitrovic is tempting, so a downgrade of James and upgrade of Archer would be the route possibly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Waiting on Rodrigo news. Don't mind if James drops once - I won't lose any money on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Any suggestions on a keeper? I went with the two Leicester lads and it's been a disaster so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sanchez of Brighton is the most popular choice at 4.6 just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Hendo for forest, they have some nice fixtures coming up and should sign some strength at the back over today and tomorrow, which should help the clean sheet points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Very real chance I wildcard tonight if Haaland, Robertson, Martinelli and Walker all start. Rotation could become the theme of the weekend before CL kicks off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭thefallingman

rodrigo and zinchenko out zaha and castagne in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Doctor comments/speculates here that Rodrigo is looking at 5/6 GW out minimum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Wilcarded last night.

Gone from a front 3 of Kane, Jesus and Greenwood to Kane, Haaland and Mitro. Had to sacrifice TAA to fund it.

New midfield is Salah, Zaha, Odegaard, Gross (Andres)

Defense is pretty uninspired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

My question is if Salah doesn't score tonight is it time to get rid?

I'm very tempted. I could have KDB and Diaz instead of him.

Or Kane up top and Diaz in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

It's Tomiyasu that's lost out. I said White wouldn't get dropped. Did you forget that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Is it that you would be buying or selling some of them? I have TAA and if Pool don't come back in second half he is getting shifted out for likes of Trippier or Saliba.

Am seriously thinking Salah is just in a rut and needs to go too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Salah to KDB is really tempting now that KDB got his rest tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BackforFPL

Rodrigo out. Zaha in.

Giving Salah one more week and then he's out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Well, won’t be selling Haaland now, but I was considering wildcarding towards standout players from teams without Europe. I still am considering it, but eh Haaland won’t be going anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Might keep TAA for the derby as Everton are pretty woeful but he is on thin ice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

But you said this in the GW2 transfer thread: "I think you'll see Saliba get minutes off the bench and games when there's injuries and eventually work his way into the team. I think it'll take quite a while though."

He's played full games for 5 matches now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Haaland in!!

whst would opinions on doubling up on Alvarez and Haaland, we see tonight that they can play together.

That crossed my mind earlier alright....I did something similar a few seasons ago with Agueroooo/Aguerio and Iheanacho which had some short term success iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

its an interesting one and he is only 6.2m (did he drop from 6.5m?). Problem is though do you play him in the starting 11 or always have him 1st sub for when Haaland gets rested. If he is 1st sub Haaland could get hooked for him, he scores but you dont get his points. Could be a frustrating own unless you're willing to start him alongside Haaland but risk him getting 20 minute cameos and 1 pointers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Eyeing up Bailey to Sinisterra, bit pricey for a punt but none of the other mid priced mids excite me. Would also strengthen my bench ahead of the inevitable rotation.

Only the one FT this week, so I'll have to replace Rodrigo. No idea with whom yet though.

If you read my whole post it was all about White. I said White won't be dropped. I presumed when Tomiyasu was fit that somebody would lose out at centre-half. That hasn't happened, White is starting at right back.

My point still stands that White hasn't been dropped.

The only thing I was wrong about was my assumption that Tomiyasu would come in at right back.

I was thinking about it myself earlier and I think you'd start him when there is Champions League football midweek and an easy game at the weekend. Pep normally rests some regulars at that time.

• Advertisement

What has that got to do with anything? Nketiah came on for Jesus. Smith Rowe came on for Odegaard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Zaha in for Rodrigo. Thought about going back to Diaz but Liverpool still aren’t fully firing and Zaha is on pens and playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Zaha in due to gametime assurance plus as with Lemin playing well & penalties a plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Did Rodrigo to Harrison and Robertson to Trippier last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sold Zinchenko last night in a rushed transfer in anticipation of a price drop. No price drop.

Arsenal are conceding though, with a turn in defensive fixtures, so it might not be the worst transfer.

Gonna blindly keep faith with TAA and Salah I think....still think Liverpool aren't far off clicking in a consistent fashion.

Looking at a hit this week I reckon... Kulusevski out for McAllister/Zaha and/or Archer to Mitrovic/Isak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

Did Rodrigo out for Zaha last night after owning Rodrigo for a grand total of ~24 hours.

I think in the short term - next 4/5 weeks, that you start him, all these stories that Haaland is going to be rested at some point means that he'll get those minutes along with others - As we saw last night it was Mahrez that dropped to the bench, it could be Foden and Haaland next week and Alvarez plays. Then Haaland and Alevaz could both player against spurs. Given his price compared to any other city player he's worth starting with - will he get rotated - of course, will there be games where he gets 2/3 goals - probably. City create so many chances and we saw last night that he's capable of taking them.

Rodrigo out for Bernardo Silva.

I'm not that worried about him being benched as my first sub is always going to be one of Mitrovic and Gross. Obviously a one pointer is possible but if he gets twenty minutes he's as likely to do damage as most are in ninety.

Like for like changes were made, he didn't take of Saliba and move white into CB.

Mitrovic is too good to be one of your bench players imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Takes up a valuable striker spot. Personally I think Haaland, Mitro and one of Darwin/Jesus is the way to go.

Watching last nite confirmed that Liverpool need a target man to give the rest space, otherwise they are just getting bottled up trying to play through.

Think Darwin starts when fit and they go more direct and the others play off the second ball, will leave more space for Salah etc. That would mean shared minutes for Diaz/Jota

I would have Aaronson and Harrison ahead of Sinisterra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Zaha is on some form but Ive been burnt by him before. I shouldnt let that cloud my judgement but Im waiting till the transfer window to close before looking at getting him in. He has a habit of playing well to get a transfer and then if he doesnt get it he gets moody and his numbers drop off. This year though he is in the final year of his contract so Palace might cash in with Chelsea suppposedly interested, if he end ups there Id likely buy him straight away

Yea I would then to agree over the medium/longer term, the thing with Mitrovic is how many goals do you think he'll get this season, and subtract what he has got already - is he a 15+ goal player?

Darwin has also shown that he can be wound up which will see other defenders try the same trick, Klopp will be wary of this and throwing him back in straight away especially to a derby game - though as you say that do need him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

That's not how it works though,a player can have a breakthrough season or a one off good one.

Obviously but I was insisting that White wouldn't get dropped.

This is why I suggested that Saliba wasn't certain to keep his place. I was right about White staying in the team, it's just that they decided to bench Tomiyasu instead.

Why can't you accept that?

I play him against weaker teams and all his home fixtures but I won't play him against City, Chelsea, Brighton, Arsenal, Spurs, Wolves on the road if Gross has a nice fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Very tempted to move Salah on, looks a different player this year, and I reckon the only way to get ahead of the template this year is to transfer ahead of the template. Could backfire obviously.

Salah/Rodrigo out

Sterling/Dias in (plus 1.1m to the piggy bank)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Rodrigo a problem for me as is double Liverpool defence. (Ramsdale & James both flagged but think they'll be okay for the weekend)

Looking at a -4

Rodrigo & Robertson out - Trippier & Diaz in.

Newcastle upcoming fixtures are tasty on paper. Prefer Diaz to Robertson for the 3rd Pool spot. Surely they'll click soon..

I think Mitro could be, hes a beast and I think Silva is a great manager, I'd predict 15-20 goals

Obviously its impossible to know but I'd imagine he got some bollicking for the red that we wont see that again, it definitely wasn't highlighted when he arrived, I'd put it down as a one off

• Advertisement
Advertisement