Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 corcaigh97

Has anyone heard back from the interview board yet? My interview was a week ago tomorrow and the wait is killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ThatfeelingwhenI

Not yet and the

Not yet and the suspense is stressing me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Did your interview include a presentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

"Usually" you won't get any result until after the last interview for your area.

i.e, if you are on the list for Mayo, and they are still interviewing for mayo, then you'll just have to wait. Results are usually issued about 2 weeks after the last interview. They don't decide who wins/loses until they have everyone done, and they can gauge the overall standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jessshel

mine was on the 17th and still haven’t heard anything the wait is stressful 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsallabit

Oh that's good they must have a push to find EO's so

EO Communications Officer opening tomorrow for anyone that fancies it. Seems to be no end of jobs at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rob1113

Is a degree in a specific discipline required for this?

Honestly don’t know waiting till it opens tomorrow to have a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭divillybit

A minimum of a NFQ level 7 qualification is needed for this campaign I think

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shinnyg

I sent an email about Limerick and this is the reply I got on 17th August:

We currently have no outstanding vacancies for Limerick. As vacancies arise candidates will be called forward in order of merit to interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

I received the exact same e-mail about Cork. Very disheartening. Why didn't they just hold a competition solely for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭apkmbarry

on their end though, it's better for them to have a panel waiting, than to then have to put a panel together.

So it's solely for their benefit, but annoying for us.

Ye but the panel is not the same length for each county Dublin has a longer period now. Also I know there is a good few EO positionz in my department which is bugging me because they aren't being filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

The posting for the Communications Officer (EO equivalent) panel went up just before 10 this morning. I had a scan of the info booklet for the requirements. You need a level 7 degree in Journalism/PR/Multimedia/Communications/Marketing and/or some relevant experience in 2 or more of the following areas: Multimedia/Communications, Press Office, Marketing, PR, Journalism along with experience in social media/branding/basic design etc. The list of requirements is quite extensive but those are the main things. Just wanted to put basic details of it here as I know it was discussed here a couple of days ago.

Also just to note, the Public Jobs website is going to have limited access from 2pm today (Friday the 2nd) until 8pm on Sunday (the 4th)

Post edited by imagusaran on

Just got my results back, failed on one compentency, which people management.

I was thrown by the questioning which was all hypotheticals when I had prepared examples which I had no opportunity to use.

Does anyone know if I have any opportunity to be interviewed again for the next round of vacancies or do I just have to wait til next year.

I'm absolutely heartbroken. My Oom was in the top 70 and the rest of my competencies were all high. I can't believe that I've lost the opportunity just because of one question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aiii

I’m in the exact same position as you here. Gutted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

My brother failed two and he's very upset, do people ever get interviewed again?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

I dont believe it is possible to be interviewed more than once for the same competition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

You can't get interviewed twice for the same panel/competition - you either have to wait til the next one in a (couple) years time and go through the whole process again or you have the option to appeal, I don't know too much about the appeals process but it is an option as far as I know.

I failed also, was expecting it, so not that gutted. Definitely felt the interview process was unfair with starting out with hypotheticals and not giving an opportunity to talk about my prepared competency. I've spoken to people in my office who have done the EO interview and they said they never heard of that happening before. Also thought the guy interviewing me was pretty harsh and rude. Seemed he got a kick out of asking awkward questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭HDonal

I've never heard of people failing the interviews before. They're probably being harsher not that the etray is no more.

Keep your head up though, this is valuable experience and you'll get it next time. Something better might come along in the meantime

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bichonfrise7

Hi everyone I received my results and gutted, missed by a small margin, is anyone else going to review or have any knowledge or info on this and if it’s worth it? TIA :))

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

I've never heard of so many failing the interview, it does happen but something definitely sounds different here. As mentioned I wonder if they increased the threshold with there being no etray. Seems harsh especially when they're crying out for staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jewels2022

I got Oom 29, rang PAS & was told interviews are only for Dublin so far , it depends on demand thereafter.

I'm going to ask for my interview notes. Will consider appealing once I see those.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bichonfrise7

do you know the email for the interview notes?

I honestly think it's down to one particular interviewer.

He doesn't come from a public service background and was very unfair/rude in the interview I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭HDonal

It would be worth appealing, or looking into the appeals procedure at the very least.

Very sorry to hear about how strict they're being now, hopefully the appeals process does the job, as it is definitely a change to how previous EO interviews went.

Advertisement