Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 katie-12345

i have notes and answers for both EU and Property, was just looking to get in contact with someone who is doing a course for one or both of these topics

Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Username already in use

The examiner reports just list the same things for both parts of the question

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

Yeah personally it is all I studied and I had 5 questions - and that is with Citizenship not making an appearance (usually always on the paper).

Learning the general principles/sources of law saved me though so definitely recommend having that - and if you are learning Fundamental Rights anyways it is an easy enough add on.

I panicked when I started EU and it ended up being one of the easiest FE1s to condense down and learn for me!

take a look at his examiner report for oct 2020 sets out how to answer the question, i would just follow that even if i.e SLP is both an advantage and consequence

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fe12022

Can anyone tell me what came up on the EU paper for the last sitting please :) Which general principles?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Valmet8400

What topics are people focusing on for the equity exam ? Any insight be much appreciated !

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lawdstudent2022

For property im covering in detail:

AP,

succession,

co-ownership,

mortgages,

landlord and tenant stuff

and family property...should this be enough or would it be advisable to cram something else in too?

Feeling the nerves begin to kick in already...and they're still a month away!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭swankyslug

I would cover another topic to be safe. Maybe easements or licences?

This was the Q - it was a multiple choice so you could have answered a Q primarily on Fundamental Rights or this.

a) What are the general principles of EU law and, using examples from the case-law of the CJEU, discuss how are they used by the CJEU to protect individuals and to ensure that the European Union institutions, and the Member States when implementing EU law, act in accordance with the rule of law? 

I listed them and then said i would pick a few to discuss and from memory it Proportionality/ legal certainty/expectation and transparency

Definitely learn Finding - so easy to remember and always a chance it will appear.

If you have the capacity for it - Easements is worth having.

I chose to learn:-

Succession

Family

Finding

AP

Family

Co-Ownership

Easements

Mortgages - although was always hoping I wouldn't need to do a question on it 😂

• Advertisement

@swankyslug and @fe1ki5 thank you both! Very helpful and will definitely add in easements...will try to cram finding in too if its easy to learn! Thanks again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fe1112

Does anybody have a copy or know what came up on the March 2022 Tort Exam?

That is great thank you so much!

you hardly have the EU paper from the last sitting do you?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stressed_depressed

Is anyone else super stressed for Constitutional? Feels impossible to predict! What’s everyone focusing on?

Definitely do findings too- it is very easy and won't take long! I think you're definitely covered bearing in mind Succession will take up two qs, mortgages is pretty guaranteed to be another q and you'll have 2 other topics covered with your other chapters!

It would be no harm just to learn an essay on land reg as an easy add on! I had learnt one essay on licences and ended up using it in the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Hi,

Ive sent you sample answer.

I also remember Courtney (sorry don't remember what year) mentioning in an examiners report that the advantages and disadvantages are listed in his book - if you wanted to look for them in his textbook it would be worth it.

EDIT - re report "The advantages of incorporation are set out in the text books prescribed by the syllabus (e.g. see Courtney, The Law of Companies, (41hed; 2016) at Chapter 2 and Chapter 4 where the consequences of incorporation approximate to the advantages and disadvantages of incorporation)."

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Contract -

If anyone would be so kind as to let me know what they are concentrating on for Contract I'd be very grateful. Feeling a bit swamped with it all.

YES!!! Feel like this one is completely up in the air what will come up whereas the other exams always had one or 2 dead certs!

Do you know what you are focusing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mouzey

Is anyone bothering to physically sit the exams this Sept./Oct. or is everyone doing them online?

I’m doing:

1. Offer and Acceptance
    2. Consideration
    3. Estoppel
    4. Terms
    5. Exemption Clauses
    6. Mistake
    7. Misrep
    8. Remedies
    9. Discharge

Only going to learn a few Acts for Consumer Protection just so I can throw a line in if I need it! Apparently privity is v short and easy so might do a small bit on that. I’m sure by the time I’m a week out those topics will be about halved🤣

• Advertisement

Anyone have last sitting’s EU paper please 🙏🙏🙏 can exchange for criminal equity or property

Sorry I was meant to reply to your post ! @catonafence

I know the answer is probably no...but does anyone have a way to narrow down criminal law? I chose to sign up for it on the off chance I may have enough time to throw in one other subject but it looks like I will just be requesting a refund instead as I looked at the papers and the examiner appears to mix a lot of sections? I have written notes but haven't done any papers or rote learned any cases yet.

Any chance I could get it covered in a month? and if so what topics would people suggest focusing on?

TIA!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

What are people studying for Constitutional?? I’m trying to narrow down my topics and cut some things out but there’s a lot involved. Could anyone recommend what topics to study or even what topics to maybe leave out?

Although Criminal does feel so overwhelming and I thought I was v unprepared, I ended up doing better in it than other subjects I felt confident for! So I wouldn’t throw in the towel too easily. The main thing is to cover a large range of topics but it isn’t necessary to cover them in a lot of detail. He is also a really nice marker- I answered a 4 part q without having covered 2 of the parts and he was so generous in his marking that I got away with it. Even if you miss a small issue of a q he doesn’t seem to punish you too badly.

I ended up just doing:

Actus Reus and Mens Rea, Complicity, Homocide, NFOAP, Sexual Offences, Inchoate, Defences (not all- look at predictions for these), Offences Against Property (again not in huge detail) and I was fine! I can send you notes/my paper if you need :)

Neg gen principles, causation, vicarious liability, defamation, trespass to the person, land based torts and damages

i would advice doing the law school revision class its 2hrs long, think its 50euro and think they are next week, just to give you some guidance on what to cover etc

You have more than enough time.... you just need to be productive and disciplined for the next couple of weeks and you should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fe1time

This is my exam script from the last sitting. I got 57% and this was the breakdown:

Q1 - 11

Q2 - 12

Q3 - 13

Q4 - 13

Q5 - 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭swankyslug

Seen a few people looking for equity bits so I've decided to make a google doc. This doc has everything you need to pass x3 (those people fleecing their notes on fb would have a field day with this one lol).

This is free to access, just DM me your email for the link.

In return, I would really appreciate any good sample answers/notes for literally any other subject (not Griffith ones as I have all of them).

These exams are expensive and hard, I hope this will make things easier for someone.

Advertisement