Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Anyone need their hedges trimmed 😉😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,168 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Graces7 its actually a rotten tree on the same beach, I don’t know if it fell there or was washed ashore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

It's that time of year. Hedges can be cut again or / innuendo 🤣🤣🤣

Taking a write break from boards. Will lurk in now and again. Just spinning around on here.

Feeling really wrecked. Think it's because of the end of summer + all the other crap going on.

Maybe I'll move to somewhere warm for the winter. And leave all my problems behind. Barbados! Bahamas! Ballybunion! 🤣🤣🤣

Well, there was no unaccompanied talent so I'll keep you in mind Saturday night, I'll be in town so a bigger but maybe not better selection. 😁🤞

Well the food was fab but no pints available tonight and I was so looking forward to one, unbelievable but that's the way my day was going so maybe not so unbelievable, something is seriously out of kilter for me.

Married at first Sight is back on so I'll be glued to it for the next few weeks, tf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting waiting for MOTD to start. This is why I love LFC they always seem to pull it out of the fire. ( sorry if you're waiting on the score )

• Registered Users Posts: 21,919 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Duvet, it's Mercury in retrograde or something or other. Apparently...

In bed , Netflix chocolate and a bottle of water ☺️

Hmmm chocolate 🍫

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Absolutely frazzled! I’m taking 2 weeks off and the stress to get things done in work before I finish is nearly ruining it! But then I’m off to Italy and I can’t wait 🤗

Loving catching up with the thread and reading the shenanigans! Duvet keep an eye out for me too, a this rate we could be seven brides for seven brothers 😂

Off to the land of nod 😴😴🥱

• Advertisement

May I correct thee!

We are not SPINSTERS. We are UNCLAIMED TREASURES... And don;t you forget that! Pearls beyond price... JEWELS!

Just realised that that was what we used to say when I was at University! In the early 1960s! NB I am not unclaimed in the usual sense but the world sees me as that....

AH thank you! In many places here that would have been chopped up for firewood! Well in times past anyway.. It is rather splendid!

Summer is still here. Very much so. Until it decides else. It does not turn off like a tap!

Actually autumn is my favourite season, " Season of mellow fruits.." Gentler and more nostalgic than summer. A time to assess and gather.. mmmm! Hedges dripping with glossy blackberries,... gathering fuel for winter fires... Hoarding .... Summer is too active for me... The one thing i miss out here is TREES and autumn. My first autumn in Ireland after a decade in treeless Outer Orkney.. I used to drive round just to see the autumn glory as it was /is too windy here. YAY.. happy here!

HAPPY THURSDAY ALL!

The first birdsong was 6.28 here and now that wee feathered one is going wondrously CRAZY! Bliss...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,168 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

My breakfast partner

^ Does you’re wife know you see other birds 😉😂😂

smurfjed; what a little beauty! Awwww.. Thank you...Hope it is OK to download and add to mey " dark day cheer" file

Meanwhile... a totally enjoyable berry and wild flower picking meander ... Just.. heavenly. The sun keot blinding me but no complaining!

Legs are still not good, but they delivered me home safely. Thank you, legs!

Breakfast enjoyed,, weblog all caught up.. and the only question now is what to knit next? Ineed to do a parcel for Canada soon .. get everything over ready for the Christmas sales hmmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭thomil

Homeside, just back from my GP.

Most of the infection is gone, but I still have a 2€ coin-sized crater in my right leg that will need looking at. At least, there's nothing holding me back from getting back to work on Monday, even though I'll work from home for the time being...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Past my bedtime!

Been a funny old day as I am reorganising my weblog etc It got so untidy

Not altogether sure what state it is in niw but i deleted nothing

Not feeling good( understatement) so expect me when you see me,Blessings and peace

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's probably just me but I'm fascinated by looking at wounds and injuries 🙄🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Why not extend your medical cert until you're fully right?

To thine own self be true

Honestly, because I'm getting stir-crazy here. My mind is back up and running and I need to put it to use 🤐

Besides, the weather forecast for next week looks horrible anyway, so working from home would have been the order of the day anyway 🌧️🌧️

Been a funny old day... Lovely sun.. The most... strenuous... things i did were pick blackberries early on, and then pick assorted small flowers for a pretty mug.. The ocean views still captivate as much as they did seven years ago.

Post edited by Graces7 on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

My back went suddenly yesterday a few miles from home.. A long hobble home and only one pub on the way 😂 couldn't get on a bus. I wouldn't mind I felt fairly well earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I also have what some might consider a ghoulish fascination with the workings of the human body, especially my own. Although other people's injuries do make me cringe and wince, I can watch any procedure on myself with rapt interest!

I'm utterly fascinated and have watched multiple stitches and staples on myself, my next back procedure will have a camera feed too.

Slightly less fascinated by that topic over here 😉 Just had to change the bandage on my leg, so far for having it changed twice per week. Looks like it’ll remain twice a day for me…

Either way, couchside here, watching a documentary on the Event Horizon Telescope team and their work…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I made the most delicious homemade pizzas this evening.

I know you all love pineapple on pizza..mmmmm..

I even made an extra one to take to work tomorrow 🙃

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

First day of September, first day of Autumn.

Getting dolled up to go out for dinner with my OH to celebrate getting my new job in academia. 😊👍

Took tomorrow off - so a long weekend awaits! 😎🌈

Advertisement