Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Copied someone's template here, but quotes from 2 suppliers. Last one is just supplier 2 with no battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Conorkcp

Hi, considering going with this spec:

22 x 340w JA panels = 7.4 kwp

Solis 6kw hybrid inverter

No battery/eddi etc.

Total including VAT 11,500

Grant - 2,400

Net - 9,100 euro

Does this sound ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭The Waxbill

Hi Delboy5, would you mind sending me the supplier for that quote, looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Sounds good in theory, price etc. But the lack of a battery/Eddi will mean that you will be exporting a lot in the summer. With the FIT, this isn't as bad it was in years gone by, but I assume you have the usage for 7.4Kwp in panels? It's on the big side (which is great to see) . Perhaps you have an EV or planning one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

I have got similar quotes to conorkcp in recent days. As in larger sized system without batteries. I asked for hybrid inverter. Am i best with sofar, as Huaweii is limited to their own batteries or a small amount of brands?

😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Bakka

Totally agree with you BD. That's exactly what I'd do too. It's all about the engine of your system, and in this case that's the number of panels. Big systems make loads of kwh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Conorkcp

Thinking long term. Planning to put in the max amount of panels I can fit in one go to avoid needing scaffolding again etc. I will put in batteries down the line, I have been following the DIY battery thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

I started to look into this again, got quoted today 1375 euro per kWh for a 8Kwh 20 panel set up with a 6 kWh invertor. Extra 5K for a 5kWh battery.

Seems on the more expensive side for the battery and panels. Prices are after grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭DC999

I think that solar price is good for the current market. I paid more per kwh in Dublin when placed the order a few months back. But we had to use 3 small roofs to max it out so our install time was longer (meaning more labour costs). We only can fit 5kwp so maybe you'd be expecting a lower price as getting 8, not 5. It's work haggling with them to see will they drop it of throw in some panels installed FOC. Or push to get a closer install date if they won't move on price. Get another quote or 2 to benchmark if that's the only one.

Battery price of 1kwh for 1k seems good too (I don't have a battery yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭supue

Got my first quote this morning from a local supplier.

20 x 360w Solis panels with WiFi

2.4kWh battery

6kWh invertor

No hot water diverter

7.2Kwh setup

€14.9K after grant - seems on the high-side based on some of the quotes I'm seeing here. I'll have an electric car running off it, and a second in the coming years.

• Advertisement

7.2kw x 1.2 = 8,640euro

2.Kw battery = 1200

Your after grant price should be about 10,000, plus or minus 500 I would suggest.

😎

Trina or suntech panels. I guess it makes no odds?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kingoftench

Could you pm me the company too please it looks really good

• Registered Users Posts: 2 incised

Hey all

I got the first one

Any thoughts?

No water diverter as i have no immersion heater (combi boiler)

I thought the panel output is a bit low compared to what's on the market

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45,468 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

It's a, we don't want the business quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 saccaromyces

Panels LOng /0W HIMo4 All 370wp x15

BiECK Sp Lel viono

Mounting System Prosolar tOsoidrGfound A

Inverter olar Solar KW 6000 W le Phase Hybrid InverterEP Series

Batteriess | DynesS Dyness 2.4kWh 2

Immersion Diverter No Immersion B4850 LHon Batery

None

Ontrolier Smart Ev harger NO EV Cnarger NOEV Cnarger

Fireman Switch Aswich iremans Switch 432A, 600V

pole

DC olat or DC Isolator 4 pole 32A, 1000V AC Isolator Projoy AC Isolator 4 pole 354, 600V |1

This is what they came back with. 15,200 after grant. They don,t know how co, are able to quote some of the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Does anyone here have any affiliation with SAAS

Ive emailed multiple times, rang multiple times and havent even gotten an acknowledgement from them - not one call back or email reply.

If this is the way they do business its a bit concerning if something did go wrong with the system.. I understand that they are probably inundated with calls but jesus at least acknowledge an email or return a phone call.

Post edited by Hellrazer on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Yeah that makes sense. Looking at the spec I had figured around €9.5k to be a good price after grant. You're looking at €9.75k so close enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

If you ask, ***** will supply 410w panels for same overall KW price.

Post edited by Jonathan on

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

No naming installers, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

x16 410W JA panels

5kW GivEnergy hybrid inverter

5.2kWh GivEnergy battery

No immersion diverter needed

Single aspect in Dublin

€11895incVAT after grant

This feels a little expensive (€2k over maybe?) compared to other quotes right, though not sure if Dublin is more expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

overpriced, way better value out there but you may have to wait for installation by 6 months

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

7.6KW Panel System, no battery.

• 19 x 400w solar panels
    • 5kw hybrid inverter (battery ready)
    • Online monitoring platform
    • Notification to ESB Networks by nc6 form
    • Supply, fit and install

Total cost €10,500 (pre-grant).

Less than the rule of thumb. Option of battery is way over rule of thumb cost. Funnily, I have the opposite dynamic with a second installer.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

It just goes to show though, that if you shop around, you can match the formula there or there abouts even in this climate. So when I see people saying that the formula is wrong.... you ain't trying hard enough :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

How accurate is the Europa site, mainly the system loss is set to 14%.

We are looking at SAAS and while our quote for 13 panels and eddi was a bit higher than a previous poster here, it’s still looking a lot more affordable (compared to a finance offer from our electric supplier) for those of who haven’t got the capital to pay upfront

Ive got quotes with system loss set to 2%.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Leave the settings as default (inc the loss)

It's pretty accurate, I usually beat it, it's a prediction on historical observations.

• Advertisement

Quote this evening:

8Kwh Longi Panels,

4Kwh WeCo battery.

Solis 6k inverter

11400 after grant.

I think it's a good quote. The Solis seems to support emergency power outage. Doesn't Seai grant only apply to up to 8kwH? Looking at the space it seems I could get another five panels, or at least another two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement