Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jams100

Anyone know or have a pic of the drink prices in there? (Sorry of its already been answered).

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭adam240610

They're on Sunday

Also they finally put up spike island

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Fark wasn’t expecting this traffic!! 2 hours in it still not at the car park! Missed the 8 pm Eco camp registration. Looks like I’m headed for the green, I can see cars in red 😢 but not benefit if red gate isn’t open

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

About halfway through my second beer in eco. The queue for the bag check and wristband exchange was quite short at about 18:15 when I went through.

The bag checker had a good search through one bag but ignored the four strapped to the trailer, a light tap down of my sides and no questions about glass etc. In contrast, in the queue beside me it was all questions and very little searching.

The weather today was perfect for the cycle down from Dublin. Mostly overcast with a gentle easterly breeze. The route had more hills than I remember but at just over 4.5 hours including about 20 minutes of breaks I'm happy with my pace. It was certainly faster than I had allowed for.

A couple of hiccups:

I left my tickets at home so needed to stop by the box office to get replacements.

The beer selection in SuperValu is worse than in other years, there's no craft beer in the fridge and it seemed like the beer in the fridge hadn't been in there very long. They do have lots of ice, although it had that glassy wet look as if it was melting slightly.

I broke the arm of my (cheap) sunglasses as I was taking them off at one of my stops. Thankfully the shop had a selection of cheap sunglasses for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭darzog

Haven’t spotted a price list yet but the bar at Salty Dog is making bold claims!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Yes yes you can bring cans, Fishtown looks unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

Transmission entrance has no checks at all, so cans are go

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

To confirm...Fishtown is open to cans all week-end or just tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bazmataz85

If coming from carlow direction 2moro is heading to abbeyleix the best option to get into the red car park? Normally when I went through stradbally Town they sent you to green but that will be closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Give us a pic or 2 of Fishtown, lads. Dying to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

All set up in campervans and had a good feed.

Campervan traffic was routed a different way than normal which was much longer but no queue at all once in and the campervan field is a bit more organised than normal.

Has been a long queue at the wristband exchange, which we haven't braved yet but will do so soon for a ramble

The Hendrix main entrance is confiscating cans

FishTown is still closed so we can't get into it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Rfrip

jesus it’s a rollercoaster

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

I want to scream after a month of trying to get someone to go with me..... I'm going to electric picnic. It gets better we got the use of a campervan and a campervan ticket. Leaving husband, kids behind for two nights of madness. Bring it on!!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could Damon Albarn join Tame Impala for the new tune? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

• Subscribers Posts: 41,493 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Rugby blitz called off. !!!!!

Friday beers !!!!

• Advertisement

I see the Hustle bar open for a bit of disco action.

Flipping app telling me Bone Machine on in 14 minutes. Goddammit it. Get me down there!

Does anyone know if its just the main Heineken bars that are cashless, or is it all bars (ie salty dog / fishtown) ?

Also, i assume food stalls are accepting cash??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Based on facebook page bars cashless, food either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Early arrivals in Eco

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Hearing reports card machines went down at the salty dog bar just closed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

Got into SD before 7, to SD, challenged on way in, but can friendly, if talking nice to security

The salty dog no stars are playing the rolling stones "let it bleed" album at 10:30 tonight

The biggest fear with a "cashless" system.

I hope the have an analogue alternative 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

fcuking stupid that they’re not taking cash at the bar.

Advertisement