Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with current affairs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Even funnier is the people on twitter. A conversation between two people which doesn't look to be getting the Worldwide focus that they expected 😂

Oh course FG was mentioned 🤣 if in doubt mention FG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Thats your angle. The issue is a poster being a mod and an admin. I gave examples of some warnings for context, as I said to himself on his 'timesink' comment, apart from pm'ing with him there's absolutely nowhere to go.

Is stuff like this not essentially the problem,lads can give wee nod & wink to derail subject and are seemingly backed to hilt by mods as it's never ever actioned

Whereas entire subject matter (on variety topics), that's been admitted to/openly visible,can't be discussed and any mention is deleted and posters actioned......while others are given free reign to post open conspiracy theories to shutdown any discussions,deosnt seem fair to me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 68,845 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I have already posted how I seek to interact with users in a constructive manner which can result in the reversal of warnings or other actions I take as a moderator or indeed Site Admin

We have interacted cordially Beasty, and as recently as a few weeks ago on a forum issue/non warning PM

It's your absolute refusal to see that your modding is causing issues is the problem here. Everyone else involved, including me, has said they are not blameless.

We all understand your role is time consuming and arduous but why should posters pay a price for that.

You have been modding inconsistently and arbitrarily and nobody knows where they are in CA anymore with warnings coming out of the blue and very visibly others are getting away with stuff. It's frustrating and will result in fractiousness.

And in order to not address that in the OP you made spurious and unbacked up allegations which were nothing more than dogwhistles to a mob, who duly responded.

You did the same asking me publicly for permission to post PMs and did it anyway. I believe you did that so you could insinuate something was being hidden....another dog whistle.

I never had an issue publicly posting that exchange, what I didn't want was the mob picking over what was an exchange that didn't flatter either of us.

Address the issues raised if you are genuinely interested in making CA a better place because you have let loose the hounds (they know who they are) who will bring u the allegations you made as fact to every single poster they finger as a shiinerbot, employee of Mount Street or whatever other derogatory term for someone who dares criticise FG FF or the government.

Your game, your rules, the play is yours.

Well you can see that in this thread. Blanch, Mark, BA losing the run of themselves claiming all sorts. Just another day in the CA. Now we know for certain beasty is of the same mind.

• Advertisement

as a matter of fact im banned from the sf thread because i kept mentioning about the clear and onvious shinnerbot activity on boards so alas you are showing yet again that you only see the mod actions you want

you and the gang are either one-eyed by inclination or one-eyed by conscious choice- the result is the same and nobody should put any store in anything you say because you as a group have been everything you are so quick to accuse others of in this thread.

I haven't seen yous being banned and apologise for implication yous weren't🤷

But would yous not feel it's inconsistent yous being banned for this,while several others are free reign to post essentially same thing endlessly??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

But beastly is actually quite decent, and I've been warned, infracted ,banned from threads and forums by himself,along with several other mods ,

A decent conversation though dms usually can sort things or over turn cards and so on .

What are people honestly expecting to happen ,your saying if you have a run in with him ,it only ends one way my experience is anything but that ,he's always upfront with what's causing an issue on a thread, listen to his advice and move on ,sit there challenging him at every chance people get and acting like a bunch of dicks and then get treated the same with in return ,

In 15 years of boards I've been warned, carded and banned from every forum I've posted on ,some deserved for reacting to people others for something tongue and cheek,

At one point I've racked up some of the most reported posts on boards literally across off the the forums,based off a ukraine thread a few years back,

And I received a pm about it and it was explained to take a break for a while,not that anything I was saying was mod actionable,but every post I made was receiving multiple reports 60/80 posts per day getting the report button spammed,

But yet I'm still here and definitely not treated any differently by any mod or admin.

People need to get over this idea mods and admins are out to get them ,

And either change their attitudes to everyone or just sod off .

Isn't this exactly what you are posting here about though? This moderator/administrator is being hung out to dry by the powers that be on this site. He even said himself that he asked someone else to moderate this thread because he isn't comfortable doing it as he is a subject of it.

Don't be fooled by this idea that Boards.ie is just Niamh, Oran, and a small lifeboat of struggling volunteering mods.

Boards.ie is a business that makes a lot of money.

A lot of money.

Sure the volunteering mods are suffering, but you need have zero sympathy for the management who are literally sitting back and watching this.

In any business, a pub, an office, a hairdresser, a cafe, a small rural supermarket, the management come out to protect the staff.

Not here.

yes I'd rather ye were all banned for shinnerbot activity and i was hailed as a genius for calling ye out

now, crucially- i dont think it's a conspiracy against me that that hasn't happened and i dont think that it means beasty or any other mod is out to get me or "my side"

i just broke the rules, am not sorry that i did so and got modded. thats life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I think you're mixing up your sport metaphors there... and the rest of the dominoes in your post fall like a house of cards,

checkmate

Heres the issue,I'm in no way associated with sinn fein,for quite personal reasons-il no go into again,so labeling anyone whom dare disagree with yous as shinnerbot is somewhat amounting to shutting down conversation

But you haven't answered the qs,do you not feel it's inconsistent moderation,to ban yous for X,while other posters have seemingly a free reign to exact same as what yous were banned for,seems unfair to me anyway,and I don't even particularly agree with your POV

You are highlighting inconsistency. There's a poster here 'mikethecop' who goes on regular shinnerbot rants...I think he sees Shinners in his soup, the poor devil😁...nothing done...has several posts in this thread.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

To be clear. I have had a number of decisions overturned in DRP by CMods. Not since the platform migration as due to the lack of CMods and related mod functions a number of appeals have been left hanging

But I have agreed to overturn literally hundreds of sanctions in CA after discussion with the user (both pre and post migration)

And for those complaining about threadbans, which cannot be appealed in the DRP, what I tend to find is many posters who agree to engage will get their threadbans lifted. Usually it requires some assurances over future posting, and I will often leave one in place for a week or so before considering lifting it (except in cases where I acknowledge making a mistake or fully accept explanations given by posters having perhaps misinterpreted intentions)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i conspired with people to gang up on other people who i dont agree with

Thread is a definite confirmation that some posters who come across as complete dicks with persecution complexes because they can't post shite that is easily refuted and get stroppy about it in CA are actually what they seem to be

There was a time when you were objective, I remember you saying this… what happened? Just because you personally got infracted doesn’t invalidate the unfair experiences of others… surely you see that, right?

“if you are the wrong side of an issue you get zero leeway (and we have all seen dispute threads where its clear enough from the offence that a mod was waiting to pounce)

and thats just the infractions people appeal and bring public, and honestly why would you bother?

report the post. see zero effect. see the same type of behaviour from posters on the other side of the debate get actioned in the meantime.

see the posters who get away with constant breaches untouched screaming that after hours is a cesspit and how horrible everyone else is.

its a problem, and i mean i try to be an upbeat type of chap who gives the mods the benefit of the doubt in whats a tough job.”

Talking to yourself were you?

It's crossing the line IMO. But you're a law onto yourself.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I think your suggestion this site makes loads of money is woefully inaccurate

I actually used to look at the accounts, and the company was not making any profit. The site is a lot smaller now and can only afford a single employee. I suspect it still does not break even

• Advertisement

Dear me

I was posting my own words. I was not posting anything said by another user. I was not posting any personal or sensitive information

• Registered Users Posts: 15,194 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Just one question remember a while back when Mary Lou got the tag of "Mary Sue" and this was knocked on the head by the mod in question why did they do that if you think they are biased? I think you thanked the mods action at the time and since it was not brought up as it can appear to be trolling.

The same mod asked for "Leo the Leak" to be dropped for similar reasons but some posters appear to not be able to follow such a simple instruction.

Also you mentioned my name earlier in some slur attempt. I have never PM's any other posters you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭sameoldname

Along with the fact that a lot of the people on here who are most upset have stupidly high post counts. Like, insanely high. I worked out the figures for one "contributor" here just for the craic. On average they've posted 12 times a day, every day for 12 years. Like, assuming they have any kind of life at all there's no way you can put any real thought into what you're saying when you're posting in such volume. No wonder Beasty got sick to his tits of it.

That's OK. I did. Boards head office are absolutely useless. They give no support to their volunteer mods and no communication to their customers.

What exactly do they get paid for?

A man agrees to be a mod and ends up basically running the site.... for FREE!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Thats a shame, I've gone at it fairly hard with the likes of Francie and blanch,they'll generally play the ball but not worry about getting a piece of you while they're at it, and they don't complain if you do likewise. None of these posters or the topics they usually argue about are on Beastys special intervention list so you're free to have back and forth

Compare that to certain posters and topics that have the two mods constantly hovering over them to hand out bans if things arent working out as they would like

Like I did and offered more to him is this very thread? At least keep your spin based in fact.

Great story.

As in the OP, I mention Leo's leak in the Troy thread stating like Leo, it was wrong but not criminal. I got warned for having a dig. At who I asked, no reply. Blanch posted a lie about Varadkar saying he never leaked at all. Beasty deleted all the responses but left the lie. Now I thought you got put in your place the last time you rolled out this tripe? You see Leo everywhere even when he is not after engaging in a clanger. The last time he was mentioned was when he called Troy 'top class'. You and blanch are obsessed by the mans sexuality. You are the only ones bring it up anytime he's mentioned. It smacks of homophobia quite frankly. He's a gay man, but there's more to him. When he gets a mention in political discussion there's not need to use his sexuality to try score points. It's not on and says a lot about the two of you.

Yourself and blanch are the only ones I've seen even mention his sexuality. It's abusive behaviour.

Beasty said we cannot discuss Leo leaking as it had its own thread, which was closed and it's been done to death. That's off the wall IMO.

Brucie Bonus August 26

I'm making comparisons.

Are you saying we can never mention Leo leaking or do you think I'm mentioning it to troll? If so you are being paranoid. Seriously.

Beasty August 26

You are clearly doing it to troll.

It is done. the dedicated thread was closed. But you simply cannot resist using it to have a dig

Brucie Bonus August 26

First off, when blanch posted about it on the government thread, you deleted all the responses but not his post. Secondly, my point stands regarding how varadkars leaking, like Troy, was wrong but wasn't criminal. I don't see the dig and I don't see a scenario were you would allow the leak be mentioned which is completely off the wall IMO.

Who am I getting a dig at and how, by mentioning an incident that happened?

You dogwhistled with that Beasty from the get go. There will never be chance for anyone IDed as a shinnerbot/shinner again here. The insinuations have already started.

Best interests of the site - my arse, to be frank.

I contacted you by PM and we could have agreed to post the two posts you claimed were evidence...I had NO issue with people finding out that I was in contact with other users..so what?

Your 'evidence' was a pile of nothing.

You have people on here who have been around since the time of Devore and Echor. Mods I never knew or engaged with. You have people on here who remember me saying I was on a boat on the Erne who registered their accounts long after I said it.

If you totaled up the actual posts counts of all their accounts they might be more than mine.

People are free to close their accounts and open another, I am not suggesting rulebreaking. Quite obvious who some new posters were in a former life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

or...

...i see the line is in from head office...

"Keep attacking the two people that question the governments problems with reasoned debate. Keep your noses as far up there as you can get them. Call anyone that doesn't agree with this shambolic government and our party in particular, a shinner bastard reeking of cordite. Keep this ridiculous sh!te up for as long as you can and you guys will definitely be responsible for us losing a massive amount of seats in the next GE, so hang in there chaps...tally ho"

This post was brought to you by someone that never voted SF in their life and never will.

#bekind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Give it up, mate. Everyone knows you’re full of baloney.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement