Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭divillybit

I started as an EO recently, brand new to the Civil service. I came 14th OOM in my county after doing the etray, and came 1st after doing the interviews. Had over 10 years experience in an engineering role in the private sector. Was happy to take the pay cut for the better work life balance. Even though my private sector work experience was of little relevance to the EO role that I was subsequently assigned, the experience I was able to draw on and incorporate into my interview answers were certainly the reason I got such a high OOM at interview stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dublin_Horse

Hi All.

I got my rejection today to say I didn't pass the shortlisting. I applied for Dublin and Westmeath. Does this mean I am knocked out of both places? I know Dublin has been shortlisted not sure about Westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Oscar2286

Has anyone emailed PAS for more detailed feedback from the application? . I am in two minds, but definitely would be great to have for the future competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

I emailed them to see if a review or feedback is possible, I failed on decision making and my whole career has been in operations and I have a good example of using my skills …. But sure it is what it is I guess…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

I'm confused. So they have shortlisted Batch 2 . What about those of us from Batch one who passed the shortlisting but haven't been called to interview yet?

• Advertisement

From previous competitions this means you are knocked out of both unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dubjane

What OOM are you? They may be just prepping the next round

I was 200 in the OOM. Hopefully that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 knickyb

I asked pas,we are interviewees before batch 2

Interviewed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Jassgal

Congratulations to everyone who got to stage 2 yesterday! I messaged PAS to see how many they have called so far and if they know when our batch will be called. They told me they have called up to OOM 147 batch 1, not sure how many are in batch 1? I'd say we could be another month or two waiting for them to reach batch 2

Perfect thanks for that. Did they give a timeframe on when we would be called?

Interviews mid September and mid October so I assume mid September

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sibhness22

Deleted

Post edited by Sibhness22 on

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MBOS

Does anyone know what the next stage after stage 2 is? For those who have done that stage of the process what was involved? Thanks in advance 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ak2015

Just got a message from PAS, 2nd batch of the interviews from group 1 are starting mid Sept. If you're in that group check your PAS messages for your date. The presentation topic is sent 7 days in advance of interview.

Only posting to keep people informed of where in the competition process PAS are. Good luck to all 😊

Presentation and interview. 10 min presentation and then they ask questions on the presentation for 10 mins, then straight into an approx 40 min interview. You only get the presentation topic 7 days in advance of the interview but you should get your interview date a few weeks beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭pawrick

Just re the interview. Ensure you have a good connection and use a wired one in preference to wifi if worried it could be an issue. I had a few problems with freezing even though i had a good connection where I did mine, it could have been their end with teething issues early on, I'm not sure. They did allow some extra time during the presentation for the freezes. I didn't bother with slides so they arent essential to pass the presentation but practicing reading your presentation out loud is essential to avoid getting out of breath and to be comfortable with the timing imo.

If you are sucessful there is no harm in asking for a particular dept., they wont guarantee it but if you have experience or an interest in a particular area it is no harm to mention it.

And...you will be provided with a list of the people on the interview panels, no harm looking them up on google to see if anything in their public background would help at interview.

Apologies I fail at reading. I thought you said you got a message to say your interview date. APologies <3

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MBOS

Thank you both for the information, much appreciated and best of luck to you both! 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Louise Dav

Best of luck to all in their interviews. By any chance does anyone know how many people are going forward for interview in Batch 1? I am in Batch 2 but in the 300's OOM. I am wondering will I even get an interview as I am so far up the list and if so will it even be this year 😮

I did get an interview date as I am in the 2nd batch from group 1. The interviews are mid Sept. I was just letting people know that pas have now moved onto the 2nd batch as people try to gauge when they could expect to be called 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭boccers

I did this on the 2020 HEO competition as I failed on one competency. I can't actually describe fully how much of a waste of time it was. Basically said something like candidate did not show desired level of x competency. I emailed looking for more info but all I got was something equally useless. Unless things have changed drastically I don't think you will learn anything from their feedback. It seemed to me to be a box ticking thing to say they provide feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

I wonder if there are 3 groups in batch 1 - Those already interviewed, and September and October interviews, or if batch 1 will be complete in September?

I

oh do you mind then if I ask you where you were in the oom?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Newgirl22

Does anyone have the information booklet from when the job was advertised back in March? I can't access it on Public Jobs because the job is closed. My laptop has been wiped and I can't find it anywhere? I normally save everything into a folder so I can look back on them. I am just looking to see what they had wrote on it for the Role of HEO and also if it had key duties and responsibilities on it. If anyone has it and could pass it on, I'd really appreciate it. They might not have key duties and responsibilities on it as it was advertised for Civil Service in general and not a specific type of job or department like most on Public Jobs. Do you think if I emailed Public jobs they would send it to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Newgirl22

Thank you @Vologda69 . I was thinking the Circular 08/2022 was all they gave but I was nearly sure they gave a description of the position and an information Booklet. For example I attached below a totally different job, but just to show what I think we had. I can’t access it now because it is closed. It sets out the Employing Department/Authority, County, location, AdvertIsing date, Information date and the Closing Date.

I think I’m just going to have to go with the circular 08/2022.

• Advertisement

I have no idea. I suppose it all depends if anyone is in batch one and still hasn't received their date. There could easily be 3 batches because they looked at 442 applications if I remember right so it depends on how many progressed to interview stage. In the first batch I think that took 140. If they take 140 for batch 2 then that's only 280 they've gotten through so there could very well be a batch 3 from the first group.

Advertisement