Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with current affairs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

All I know is you've been badgering me more and more and the 'time sink' PM's are because where else can I dispute?

My most recent favourite was when I posted "I believe FF/FG have an in with landlords" and you warned me "at least be constructive". You allow blanch and marko call anyone who mentions varadkar a homophobe. They lie about homophobic content that was deleted, conveniently, when asked for proof. You allow this tripe time and again in the government thread and do **** all. Yet you're on me for **** all. Making the site a better place my arse. Not forgetting Broken Angel, the banned, not banned, banned off the wall serial fibber. Unbelievable stuff.

You floated a conspiracy theory and the brat pack from CA are citing it as fact because it came from an Admin. You are helping to make this thread the car crash that it is. You are not making the site a better place with that kind of behaviour, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

You have claimed before to be a Sinn Fein member/supporter. Go to Sinn Fein events

Also telling everyone how great the local SF TD is, the guy name I can’t remember but who shouted “up da ra”

The Gardai special branch followed you because you are a member as well, or I’m not sure why?

Now you claim to have nothing to do with Sinn Fein?

I think there's right on both sides. There will always be dissatisfaction and conflict among groups of people, it's the way of things. There will be all sorts of reasons and none of them "wrong" because we believe in our experience and that to be the truth or indicative of a wider issue.

I have no skin in the CA game and I've no interest in the awful back and forths. I do like to observe people though both here and outside.

Beasty you have come in for quite the hammering and I will say that I am often left scratching my head at some of your decisions and interventions. I firmly agree with those who feel you need to have the input of more mods or admins or choose one role for yourself.

But I also believe there is some scapegoating happening because you are a representative of sorts now. There is nobody else to pin blame on including the gripes and the ill feelings and bones that need picking.

Instead of arguing and criticising each other why not get together and find a way to navigate the future of CA. An opportunity to look again at the charter and maybe a different way of moderating.

One final thing, there are plenty of mods and a few admins who I see posting regularly. Yet they never seem to engage in any actual moderation. After Hours has a large number most of whom have no involvement at all and some who have disappeared.

There is one Admin who I see posting a bit, perhaps they could help Beasty out? I don't understand the purpose of all these people who have a role but we are here discussing how it's all too much for one person.

Oh I forgot. Ego. Lots of people here view Boards as more than just a forum on the internet. It means something to them so to be given the opportunity to oversee a small part of it, well plenty would be delighted. There's also something appealing about being chosen and deemed to be suitable.

So I absolutely do believe there is a lot of ego occurring among many of the mods and Admins here. Life can be wonderful and we can be successful but does that mean even a small bit of power won't impact us?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hang on, you're withholding consent on sharing these PM's and then you've the nerve to complain that there's no evidence.

Disingenuous doesn't even begin to cover it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What?

Why should PM's be presented to a mob on here? I'm not looking for their approval or judgement.

If Beasty was genuine, he would have presented me with the 'evidence' when I asked for it in that PM exchange. He wouldn't, he just threw out the allegation and did his usual thing, ignored requests for evidence,

The 'evidence' he had, the big reveal, for scurrilous allegations was what I told him. Nothing more.

And what I told him was 'I am in contact with other posters'

He played that whole thing, to make himself look good.

'I am being prevented from presenting evidence'...etc etc

FFS give me strength.

• Advertisement

I never claimed to go be sinn fein member,always been clear on this-know plenty who are mind (as I do have friends in nearly all the main parties),nor do I go to sinn fein events,I do however go to likes of Easter/local commerations run by NGA,

This may come as a suprise to yous,but not everyone whom is republican in outlook,is associated with sinn fein

Lads, you are lynching the Sergeant here while the Officers are drinking champagne in their tent.

Wise up.

i never said a Republican had to support SInn Fein, the opposite in fact.

Not a SF supporter👍

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭standardg60

I imagine this is the sort of uncivil sh1t that Beasty has been receiving on a regular basis through PMs

Heres the thing,if yous claim/are a member/supporter of a party,you cannot then critise them,as why be member/support something you disagree with??

And there is. a suite of SF policies I disagree with,near certain I been over this before with yous....so thus would not in good conscience proclaim myself a supporter

• Advertisement

Of course you can criticise a party you support, that’s the whole point, make it better.

That’s the issue on a lot of these discussion people refuse to say anything bad about a party because they support it. That’s crazy…

You can't,why in good conscience proclaim yourself a supporter of something/someone pushing policies you disagree with??.....life's too short for that

and ultimately in long term,they will screw yous over and take advantage of loyalty (this has been a problem for decades in Irish politics,family/secure votes for the main parties)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I've had bans in the past. I've had a temporary ban in the past from the Politics Cafe forum. I have had thread bans as well.

However, I have never challenged a single one in Dispute Resolution, neither have I engaged in lengthy diatribes against a mod or an Admin. If sanctioned, I sometimes accept and apologies, sometimes I clarify before apologising, sometimes I politely debate the sanction, but never would I abuse a mod like @Brucie Bonus and @FrancieBrady appear to do on a regular basis by PM.

It may be an age thing, but respect for the referee, even when they are wrong, is paramount.

I am still struggling to understand their obsession.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,193 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

The process of setting up a new account here needs to get a bit more cumbersome.

Just thinking about this comment which is to be fair, very circling the wagon-ish,

Explain this to me, Beasty introduces the the idea that contact was being made in this post. The bolded bit,

HOW was it pretty clear to him that ' some of you are discussing things behind the scenes'?

He has already decided we are a group ('some of you')

How did he know this?

He based his allegations on this knowledge.

What has he access to that allows him to make that remark?

Beasty August 22

I never banned reference to SF. But you don't care about the details

All I did was say discussion of SF belongs in the SF thread. If SF are discussing Government issues that's fine. Making comments about SF that has no relevance to the Government belongs in the SF thread

Anyway, You really have wasted a lot of my time on this site. Don't be surprised if the replies any up much more to the point without the additional explanation as you really are not worth the effort

Oh, and it's pretty clear that some of you are discussing things behind the scenes

FrancieBrady August 22

Ah Beasty, even the poster mentioned sees it as ban on the mention of 'SF' and uses the 'certain party' workaround.

Ever occur to you your moderation may not be clear because it is consistently ridiculous and impossible to navigate?

You have made a fair mess of CA.

Absolutely I am being contacted by others experiencing the same ridiculous mods. Is that now illegal now too?

*It is a classic trait of a bully btw...to not like their victims to talk to others. Just saying. 😉

The fastest growing thread in Boards.ie history.

You really are some time-sink backing up the original claim.

A nasty one for that who does not appreciate how much mods do to keep this site relevant and posters engaged.

I'm surprised that you haven't uncovered the poster on this thread who is a re-reg of at least two accounts that have been site-banned Ha Long.

I couldn't care less myself if a poster has 20 accounts, I'll debate whatever they have to say...but you who is so sanctimonious on these things are slipping up! Must do better!

List them or stop "dog whistling" which seems to be your new phrase of the day. I haven't a clue what you are on about.

• Advertisement

Yeh, probably is a dog whistle to somebody who is plainly out to get posters...as long as it is a certain type of poster.

Report your suspicions to the mods as per you are supposed to do, stop trying to dox posters on thread, it's not your first attempt on this thread tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

How about we just drop the bans if the lads call off the Johnny dogs and they can go back to CA? Just to get this thread to stop?

Honestly, at this stage, enough is enough and it would be better for everyone not to have to listen to this codswallop.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

You made some vague claim not me. What have I got to report?

Also who did I dox on this thread? You are making some crazy claims now against other users here.

There's an audio version? Cool, I have to choose and click into the thread and then read it.

Have you a link? 😁

Night all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Just when things couldn't get more bizarre...

The EU project. What a beautiful thing. Let no malcontent do anything to take away from the principles that brought together a divided continent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I think the lack of active mods/admins across the whole site is to it's severe detriment. It's also to the detriment of the few hardy souls left whose names end up on all the contentious decisions because they're the only ones left.

Not saying I've agreed with everything he's said or done, because I don't, but I do think the person under attack is a thoroughly decent and genuine bloke, and absolutely has the best interest of the site at heart, long after most of us have given up.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Its regretful it got bitter beyond warning disputes, but it is endemic of current affairs. The behavior you see on this thread goes on daily. Claims of homophobia, mysogny and racism are thrown about and allowed stand with no proof time and again. I've no ill will towards Beasty, we don't know each other. We disagree on a discussion forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement