Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westmeath school gets temporary injunction banning a suspended teacher from it's premises

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I would actually be interested to see what's on Kevin Boxer Moran's passport, or Pat The Cope Gallagher's driver's licence :-)

Yes, it would be crazy to just wake up one day and decide to change your name from Tim to Mary. Which is why nobody does. You don't frivolously decide on a whim to change your name, especially to one normally associated with another gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Very well then sex.

You'll note I haven't denied the existence of other combinations than xx, xy.

I said xx. xy. as a lazy way of saying that beyond the 98% I don't really care, and nor should anyone when it comes to how society at large operates.

We can care for the 2%-er communities out there (and those 5 people with testicles and xx chromosomes), by all means we should.

But I don't believe in adapting to them in any major sense. Thats their problem in life. Enough of this growing tyranny of the minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,303 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

We don’t need to adapt for everyone but we need not to aggressively pick on them which is what he seems to have done.

love thy neighbour as thyself is the mantra of his lodestar but he seems not to follow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

I agree. He's a nut. And he should probably leave people alone.

... then again in the current climate he's probably serving a purpose. an annoying canary in the 21st century nonsense cave.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

they have censored it.

must be some sort of discrimination

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

I can't get my head around all this absolute crap! You are either born male or female...end of if I want to identify as a tree..am I..no I'm a bloody human! 🙄 society needs to get over this absolute s###e ....too much emphasis on..oh my god the poor snowflakes🙄 ...grow up and get on with your lives u saps

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Jesus wept 🙄🙄

In fairness, the people getting upset about it seem far more snowflakey. Plenty of cultures have recognised that gender can fall outside standard norm of male and female. So it's not a new concept and in this case, the only one causing issues is the religious fundamentalist. So ya, Enoch should get on with his life and grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

You'll note I was speaking about the variations within XX and XY expressions, and in fact spoke very little about other combinations.

And if calling someone by a different name is a tyrannical adaption in a major sense, then I wish you all the best as it must be very difficult to cope in daily life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

They have censored by shutting down Google+ - the article yer man is getting outraged at was from 2014. 🤣

• Advertisement

As far as I know, it takes two years to change your name by common usage if you want to use that name for official documents, eg passport.

As far as I can remember, one of the ways to show common usage, is to register with a GP under that name.

In other news, he's being arrested and taken to court. He's shown up at the school again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I suspect this will mean a family day out, along with whatever supporters show up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Contempt of court. Contempt of your employer. Contempt of your students. Contempt of society in general.

It's all going so well...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's performance art for their supporters/backers.

There is never any good faith effort from then aimed at coming to an equitable compromise or whatever , it is exclusively about finding an angle that they can leverage to Grandstand their extremist religious views to the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Martyrising himself 🤣

There'll be loads of crazy claims he's being arrested for not using "they/them" pronouns 🤔

Arrested for contempt of court........ That's it

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

The image I have of this… I can’t stop laughing.

It’s hilariously unhinged.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well if he now ends up with criminal conviction, then he will be banned from teaching anyway so won't be allowed near a school again.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Imagine this all because he wouldn’t call a child by a preferred name.

He has an older sister that is also a teacher, and by all accounts she’s very well regarded by students, staff and parents. You never see her joining the rest of her backwards family and she just seems to get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

So this individual is in a school and refusing to leave violating a court order?

That is pretty serious, hopefully they approach it with the proper level of force it deserves.

We can't have unhinged lunatics breaking into schools whilst there is children there, example has to be made.

If the guards don't solve it I imagine a parent may.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

D'ya think that'll stop the nutcase? He's off on his own personal crusade.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

https://www.thejournal.ie/enoch-burke-court-5856088-Sep2022/

Him and his family believe they are above the law.

He's currently sitting in an empty classroom in Westmeath, willingly and repeatedly breaching an injunction and preventing school children from receiving their education.

If he's gone back on the school grounds despite the injunction, he's obviously very keen to teach. You have to admire his go-getter attitude, it's a pity we don't have more teachers like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Wezz

He's toast. Can't imagine him getting back to teach there now even if he agreed to respect the students preferred pronouns ( which will never happen ). He can't be allowed back, his behaviour is unhinged. I wonder how the poor students feel about all this especially the one at the centre of it all. Hopefully they are being looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

In my head he is sitting on one of the small chairs meant for the kids...huffing with his arms crossed lol...f#cking plonker

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Sure he can teach in prison, where some inmates don't care about pronouns, any hole is a goal.

👍️

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

There are tweets going around saying the judge may adjourn until Monday, if he's been arrested does that mean a weekend in the cells?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Crazy to think how he ever got the job in the first place. He's clearly unfit to be around children unsupervised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

surely he could be a private teacher homeschooling tutor if he wanted to be...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement