Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'm sure they were hoping she was a person of colour, disabled, and non-binary too to tick a few more boxes in one go.

Any Ukrainians in Fair City yet?

Connemara check.

There are many rumours that of course I can't go into here; but if you know, you know.

Bigging up a movie he hasn't seen yet which stars Irish actors? Check!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Kildare1976

How did he resist referring to Dolly as "late, late show alumni"

Tubs replies to a listener's letter "I was talking to your secretary yesterday" with "which one?" and goes into a fit of giggles whilst acknowledging "the staff" are not impressed. ZERO SELF AWARENESS AGAIN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

Coming soon, cameras in the studio, delicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Ha ha 😂 ha ha ha, I'm such a fun guy he he 😆 he, I'm just riffing ha 😂 ha ha, I'm hilarious 😁🤣, I'm just cool.

Cnut

Tubs: I get the impression Michael Flatley made this film for his mum.

The last segment on Morning Ireland was a vox pop with Flatley at the premiere last night and featured the quote - "I made it for my mother and the young people of Ireland".

Tubs remarkably silent on Blackbird, i.e. it's crap but he hasn't the balls to say it.

• Advertisement

Ryan perving on a young Avril Lavigne "she had a good look". Creep.

He's now playing "Sk8er Boi". You can just imagine him singing it to himself as he did this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

I often thought there were many marching colombians involved in production of th Toy Show (tm)

What a horrendous line up for the first show of the season

Flatley, who is a national joke and a person who is fodder for him and his guests to mimic and laugh at.

Someone from Love Island, a ashow he has consistently bashed and wouldnt watch himself. (explains some of his recent back pedaling)

And Pat Spillane, great, Ryan will really excel with this interview as he is such a delicious fan of the world of sport. No doubt he will dig for the gorgeous sob story.

And an intriguing singing performance that was already on RTE but we can tune in "incase we missed it"

Laughing at himself constantly this morning... He's an embarrassment.

Main reason he loves the libraries "it's free"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Does the show no longer have a sponser?

Edit: sorry spoke to soon, just heard the Centre Parks promo.

No wonder he is on extasy this morning and out of control with giddiness.... He is about to interview a tic tok autzwich survivor.

This must be heaven for him! 1

Tubs: Which of the gas chambers was your favourite?

I'm out.

I reaaly hope this is a pre record.

Quite disturbing if not that he can go from that rediculous play acting giggling and boistrousness to a serious interview. Its great to be flexible but he is so disingenuous 🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

No doubt Pats father passing away at 41 will be mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I don't ever watch TLLS any more, but I can guarantee 100% Tubs thinks the film is absolute rubbish but will tell Flatley the opposite on the show, cos he is so fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Pat Spillane on the LLS...

Tubridy: Tell us once again about Saipan, Pat. Why did you leave the team and fly back to England?

There's something about his comment about Lavigne yesterday that stayed with me - "she had a good look". Lavigne has always looked very young, but from memory she wasn't even 18 when "Complicated" and "Sk8er Boi" came out - and that's the era Tubs was referring to. Though possibly 18, she looked younger. Now I know in later years she played into this and even sexualised her tomboy-ish look, but what "The Toyman" said yesterday didn't sit easy with me tbh, esp. given his previous comments about women.

I just checked - she was 17 when "Sk8er Boi" came out.

Tubs promoting own Instagram - check.

LLS mention - check.

Fake accents - check.

Sports Tubs now, complete with clip from the match he didn't watch but will likely claim he did now.

The stream died online - RTE tech at it's finest again. I suppose it's good that I'm missing the waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Sadly, mine is rock solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Paterson Jerins

I am confused by ryan.

Did he mix up the Batman and Joker???

I really liked the end of Joker. Delicious and beautiful. Ya get what ya fkkking deserve!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Its been said many times before.....there is something off about Tubridy....a very creepy individual...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement

Why are lots of emails.texts that are sent into rte, include I had to pull the car over, I'm driving with tears streaming down my face, I'm dancing around the kitchen,

They surely couldn't be made up 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

The Toyman

Johnnie Chatshow

I doubt the leaving certs had the time to compose such eloquent texts...most from the Montrose canteen

ffs...gorbachev dead...anudder guest not turning up on the late late show

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Steam back online and the first thing I hear is an email from a listener congratulating Tubs on his totes amazeballs interview with the Auschwitz survivor yesterday, followed by another email telling him that the interview was one of the best the listener had ever heard. I wonder if the IP address of those emails leads to a talent management agency? Hmmm.

I think someone should compose an email with all those elements and send it in ....

The staff are mocking Mr. Tubs again today........ "pure mockery"

🙄

I'm out.

• Advertisement

He stumbles a lot over his cue cards.

Obvious he is still doing so little prep for the show, and probably reading them for the 1st time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

Conemara - check

eerie and beautiful second hand books - check

being approached by a stranger/friend yet to be made - check

The paper shuffling is fairly epic this morning though :p

The local bakery or newsagent is just so important and struggling to survive at present.

Yet I have no doubt this joker would gladly take buns and cakes, and newspapers and magazines for free off them cos he's such a big celeb, rather than put his hand in his pocket and pay for them to keep the shops going.

Tubs loves the local bakery's because he can guilt them easier into giving him FREE stuff,

Bigger one's know he's a beggar

• Advertisement

Really got caught out this morning... Our learned historian doesn't even know where Dachau is!!! Despite being there this summer.... How do you a} forget you were in Munich Just a few weeks ago and b} not know where Dachau is when you are such a self appointed history buff.

Ok... Just get to the sob story

This one has the same hahaha 😂 he he affliction as tubs, just get on with the sad bit/death, that's why you are on

What is the point of this interview

Australia is big..

It's far away

We are very different

Fascinating

I love this thread. It’s a microcosm into a niche part of Irish society. Unbelievably lonely middle-aged men who actively tune in each day to a show they hate just so they can comment on it with others in a desperate attempt to feel connection.

What is the point of this.

I went on my holidays and I went here and here. It was nice. I liked it. Hahahahahaha

He's the modern day Haughey

Telling us how to tighten our belts mean while using his show to plan a big trip for his 50th but can't decide on Australia, Canada or America

So out of touch

Glad you like it tubs - friend, it is kind of quirky,cool fun and hip, a show to listen to with the Fam,,🧐, have a groovy Friday

Lol. Couple of counter-points:

1. There are women on here too - very sexist and not very woke of you to assume it's just men
    2. I can't speak for others, but I'm certainly not lonely
    3. Your comments are not very kind - Bryan wouldn't approve
    4. You claim to "love" the thread. You are clearly voicing your disapproval and superiority to those who post here, yet simultaneously claim to love it - "intriguing" as Tubs would say. Which behaviour of those is odder?
    5. I have no need to feel a connection with others. I am however somewhat encouraged that not everyone believes this clown's BS, and that people can see him for the narcissistic charlatan he is

I'd go on but I have a meeting in a few minutes that I need to depart for now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement