Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Disgrace from Fanirish tbh.

Addressing TM and touts as if they are different entities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ticketmaster are the only touts in town now arent they, its illegal to resell above face value for most events ?

Easy way around that just dynamically increase the face value.

I suspect we will see alot more of this rip off practice in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Lol I’m a disgrace apparently. I didn’t mention TM at all so how did I address ticketmaster and touts as they were different entities.

dynamic pricing money ends up primarily in the pocket of the Artist and they decide whether to use that model and what % of tickets should be sold that way.

it’s people own choice to buy a ticket. If no one buys the dynamic priced ticket it is quickly recycled as a standard price ticket.

dymamic pricing is only beneficial for a small number of shows by global superstars who are underplaying to the demand in each local market.

TM does benefit from dynamic as it’s service fees/charges are based on the ticket value.

How was that possible? Genuinely curious. It didn't open for queuing until 10:00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Touts bought their tickets at the cheaper price that’s a guarantee. And now the official price is double, immediately increasing market value and urgency, touts are creaming off this so called anti tout initiative.

I was quite happy to pay 30-40% extra for a sold out gig, not 100% before it’s even sold out 😂

• Advertisement

Not a tout in a true sense of the word. TM takes a % commission but the money from ticket sales goes to the Artist/promoter.

illegal to resale tickets above face value for venues which have been designated as such. Slane was not designated as such a venue so reselling above face value is allowed ( not listed in any of the designated lists I could find)

Dynamically increasing the face value does go around the legislation as the face value is essentially the auction price. Dynamic pricing is comparable to auction so price agreed by both parties is the face value for all intent and purpose.

You didn't have to you towed a promoter line bizarrely which is MCD who couldn't be more in the bed with them.

Name all the other ticket agencies selling tickets to this gig?? (or any MCD gig for bonus points).

Which promoter line did i tow? That they will claim that they should be allowed using dynamic as other industries? I was just stating that it’s default line that they use to defend this practice.

And yes I’m aware that ultimately live nation is both the promoter and ticket service provider for this event and that’s TM is the excluding ticket provider for mcd/live nation.

but the use of dynamic pricing rests with the artist. It’s them and their management who decide whether and how to use it. Other popular artist like garth brooks don’t use it as an example.

It’s not touting as TM hands over the money to the artist.

as I said earlier it’s a profit maximisation Method to ensure that as much money as possible goes back into hands of artist/live nation s as redirects money that historically may have gone to touts.

No. Set proper Tout proof ticket controls rather than being tout inspired.

• Advertisement

that’s on individual governments to legislate. And for people to organise and contact politicians on.

for a small number of artists such as Springsteen/Styles etc the dynamic model is very beneficial and even after the negative press that Springsteen got shaming the artist doesn’t appear to work for them to drop this approach

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I went to Marlay for Green day. It's not the most accessible place and taxis from town refused to go there.

I thought I explained this, essentially you said the artist/promoter wants to extract...which seemingly unknown to you in regard to promoter you did not refer to TM. I'm here to say they are one in the same.

Livenation own the 3 point,Olympia,Academy etc etc so you best believe TM will be the only outlet in town for them. Its a funky roundabout and they are taking us for a ride.

You believe a company who will take a chunk of the band merch sold at a venue are genuine enough to hand over all of the obscene profits siphoned through "platinum tickets" and the like to the artist??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Its market manipulation by a monopoly.

I dont think it would be tolerated in any other industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

What an awful choice to headline here. Artic Monkeys would have been a great headliner, real rock and roll by a band still in their prime. Or the Coldplay of 10 years ago wuda been a great headliner. If ur going pop I need to get Taylor Swift. Thus X factor guy is complete sh1te.

Artic monkeys wouldn’t sell 80k tickets, did two 3 arenas on last tour. Only a handful of acts touring who could sell those numbers and Styles is one of them.

Do you think Springsteen is short of money or likely to make a dent in it before he dies?

Honestly don’t know why he went with that strategy.

his manager said it was because other acts are doing it.

In a statement to the New York Times, he defended the pricing strategy as being in line with what peers are doing: “We chose prices that are lower than some and on par with others […] Regardless of the commentary about a modest number of tickets costing $1,000 or more, our true average ticket price has been in the mid-$200 range,” he continued. Less than 2% of tickets were sold for over $1000, while just under 12% were sold above face value.

His manager secured a fee they are delira with, he couldn't give 2 sh1tes how the cash flow is sourced or if his excuses are bum bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Irresponsible - I guess this sort of thing is outside of regulation.

But with the demographic that Harry Styles gets - the idea of 30'000 fifteen year olds trying to find their bus at 1am on dark country roads, its stupid and they should have known better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Slane is a joke with Harry Styles headlining. Does he have any actual fans over 18? Carpools all day with bored parents being dragged along, surely will be youngest ever crowd at Slane? What's the minimum age anway he's fans are all like 16.

Slane use to be about legendry acts now it's flavour of the month tosh and pop stars from boybands. Bloody joke. Sad thing is people still agree to be raped with €200 tickets and such and then ticketmaster say they are against touting LOL. All that means is no one else can when we do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Robbie Williams from the boyband take that headlined Slane in 1999

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

I know, he wasn't a valid headliner either. Suppose at least Harry can sing. Robbie Williams can't carry a tune in a bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Judging by pictures at some of Harry concerts it seems he has plenty of women in their twenties in the crowd so don't think it will be rammed with teenagers. He is a hot act at the moment so don't know how many acts that would have come even if asked . The concert should sell 70 k plus I suppose .

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sasco

A lot of that demographic will have already seen him this year so might not be willing to head to Slane to see him again so soon. Many of those fans are also Taylor Swift fans and might hold out for her instead.

You could probably count number of acts who could do 80k tickets on one day, let alone ones touring next year.

to be Frank there is little to no “rock acts” who can do 80k tickets anymore.

so Slane will no longer be a rock venue

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Not like in my day, the kids these days eh....

Great to see this - even if in America - it will eventually filter through to here. Finally someone calling a stop (potentially) to the Ticketmaster rip off...

I'd like them to explain the Platinum ticket concept to a US senator.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Has anyone mentioned AC/Dc or Pearl Jam yet ?? 😛 😂

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Anyone able to print off Harry Styles tickets from TM yet.

I'm getting a ticket not available yet message

Advertisement