Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Just have the tent up in eco lots of gaps throughout we're up near the back there's a good amount of space about. Finally sitting down with beer in hand gunna switch off now have an amazing weekend everyone see ye on the other side😊 I'll be at harvest later wearing an Otto tshirt lurking about the place😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

Bags of ice in aldi for 80c - about the best bit of value I've found so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pedrozeno

Yep. And there's separate queues for Aldi and the ice shop. Make sure you get into the right queue as the Aldi queue is massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Here, good deed done, dragging a heavy trolley for 25 mins for two very frazzled looking girls, beer in hand. Now it really starts, hopefully see some of you over the weekend

Got a lift into it earlier no issues with space, however with a local who knew the back roads so no traffic but looked busy the other way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

Can we bring cans to Salty Dog has anybody found out yet ? Heading that direction in a bit from Pink moon. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

@Stillill42 when you get to Eco, if you walk in on the path until you are almost at the big white tent, then look right for two boxy red tents, we are in at the tree line behind the red tents. The should be enough room for a tent there still

Not officially but have seen cans there already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah thanks, Kepler. Just up the road now but its slow progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

How is the traffic looking into Stradbally? Queues bad for entry/wristbands?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

They are selling cans at salty dog but can't bring your own from campsite.

6e a pop ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭endainoz

Went for a stroll earlier, could bring cans anywhere this morning, main arena included. But obviously that won't last too long, nice to have it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

They’re still decorating free town and a lot of other parts of the festival as we speak. Bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Walked through Salty Dog and into Freetown with a can in my hand about an hour ago, no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

Body & Soul bar seems to have the full range of what's available from the bars.

"Greener" bar is just Heineken and Zero.

What was the "craft" bar, where in previous years you could get some of Heineken's smaller brands like Murphy's/Lagunitas, is only serving Island's Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭spakman

Drove through it trying to get to yellow. Seemed to be loads of room in it. Ask a steward nicely and they'll tell you how to get there - we went from red to green to yellow (through green twice actually due to a bull thick guard)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Just on the can thing, presume they're using the reusable plastic glasses so get yourself a glass and hang onto it, pour the can and bin it.

With the exception of a few nut jobs on a power trip, most of the security staff will be happy waving people through but if the arena is full of people drinking cans, they'll be under pressure to do more checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Lads, security loop hole, returning from green car park, had to give a bag to my sis in pink moon.

Just walked from pink moon to salty dog with a rucksack cans and vodka. No searches.

I was heading back to eco to stock up the tent, when I was at the salty dog, I just walked straight into the main arena!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭endainoz

I wonder how long it'll be before searches start in the salty dog into the main arena. Though there shouldn't be as it's the main arena anyway. Hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Have to say I walked around today trying to find the red car park. Not one clueless ‘official’ could direct me in the right direction. The lot of them hopeless. Signage is also non existent, snd a serious lack of toilet roll

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

Signage was abysmal yesterday after checkin, , toilets hard to find last night, SD was class as usual, was on “brought in cans” but a friend bought a small 330ml can of Moretti there for €5. Wandered into Fishtown on way down there, sorry never took pics, went onto General campsites, a fine Aldi setup in there, and into Transmission for a bit, then, on way out, bag got checked, but no issue as cans finished at that stage, back to SD for excellent Rolling Stones music.

Today, was in Mindfield earlier, and left to get raincoat, came via Salty Dog, rather than directly to Pink Moon, i noticed no bag checking anywhere, or, further in, on way to pink moon, past Fish town, got a few things for the evening, and came back through SD route roughly 5.30, supping on the 4 cans i brought in now.Lots still arriving, and main acts not started yet, so maybe that was the reason for no checking.

BTW, Kinara grub goes great with beer, cheers for recomemdation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Genghis

Same for me. No need to trouble the bars tonight, freeflow but for how long!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭LowOdour

In Eco, was fairly mental today. Had friends who could not camp beside us, but 20 min later they expanded and let a load of people pitch beside us.

Recognised a few Boards heads from photos...not in the mental space to say hello but might change tomorrow.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,493 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Man, harvest knocked it out of the fcuking park!!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,493 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I was the guy in the same tee as the lead singer.

When I put my Roger waters tee on it must have shrunk 5 sizes since I wore it last... wot... yeah defo shrunk !!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Bluebb993

Any tickets going? Bit late I know

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

2nd batch of cans just in @ 8:15, via path from Pink Moon, past Fish town/SD and into arena there. Allthough, if i had gone into Arena by Heineken stage, checking going on there.

Advertisement