Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Thumper we’re brilliant at body / soul, plenty of good ould crowd surfing,me back is in bits!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

With a small but growing crowd Sprints just put on a cracking show including throwing a bottle of Jaeger into the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Genghis

Ah lads isn't it great to be back. Awesome first day. Bit of grub, find something before Cathy Davey.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Worst picnic to date. Greedy fcuking fat cats overcrowding the population here. Friday night used to be so chilled. Now it jammed and queuing for food is a 30 minute ordeal when it used to be 2 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

indeed, thanks to someone on here, for saying “Fred Again” is special, so correct, got to the rail for him, just outstanding. Little Simz also excellent, the Pixies “sarcrafice” was worth it, both, were out of normal comfort zone, caught some of Thumper at M & B, very impressed also. Caught some of Bright Eyes also.

Into the woods shortly for a wander, and Cathy Davy is on late 1:45 @ SD, although some light rain just started.

I agree smaller areas in the woods or in mind and body were grand but main arena just felt jammed everywhere really turning me off the picnic but the music was brilliant which is a huge draw

Rain not so light now but hiding out in Jerry Fish until Cathy is on. I have missed her at every picnic she has played I have been at so making effort to see her this time

Saw her at the Forest Fest in Emo a few weeks back ,great performance it was

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Annani

I hope your tents are fairing better than mine! Puddles of water inside 😭

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭endainoz

Same, bit of a joke pink moon better give me tent that's actually water proof tomorrow

Build the ark quick !!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,493 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Never felt so appreciative to live 30 mins away as I did tonight. Bus at 2am, home by 3.

Wet but drying, cold but warming. Stomach full of good wholesome food (than you saba)

Roll on again tomorrow.

Pearly White's are first up, tcm next on the list.

twill be messy

Think I'll be sporting the "leon" tee tomorrow

Hopefully weather plays ball enough to show it off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭dasdog

Should be T-69 Collapse but it's Electric Picnic this weekend.

Post edited by dasdog on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭dasdog

Cathy put on a good set and managed to get shelter in the new area at the back, added bonus. Roll on tomorrow where not in main arena until wolf alice so should be good

Cathy excellent. I was right at front, well out of rain... But still got soaked in the walk to, and wait for the taxi. Snug (and a little smug) in my bed, hot shower taken. Will be ready for tomorrow!

In my brother in laws in Portlaoise so with you on the smugness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

How bad is it there this morning weather wise? Heading over today. Is it a wellies job yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Dutchy

Raining. Hope yr is correct and it will bugger off

Pixies were amazing . For me , worth the price of the ticket alone. Seen frank black at sunstroke back in the early 90s so great to see a band of that calibre in a tent in stradbally

Need solphadeine, water and something greasy .

Bring on day 2. Hopefully see some of yiz at TCM

• Advertisement

How's all today?

All in, aside from the light showers 🙂, yesterday was fantastic.

Started with Harvest, really got me going. Big crowd, great atmosphere. I've missed these every year, delighted I made them this time.

Over then to EA for Bright Eyes. Thought he was okay, I did enjoy it, but maybe expected more.

Caught the last 4 or 5 from Lime Cordiale. Great Aussie band, lots of fun, really had the crowd going.

Found Trouble Pilgrim in Fishtown, those guys can rock. Small crowd in but I really enjoyed them. Not on my plan one of those discoveries you make.

Then into EA for Pixies and Fontaines. Pixies were amazing, very, very tight, played all the right tunes. Loved every bit, first time seeing them.

Stayed in situ for Fontaines, centre stage 6 or 7 back. These were also incredible but I receded back half way through. Serious moshing at the front, it was almost more fun a bit back. The boys can play, they certainly filled the tent.

Closed th evening then with a bit of Kean Kavanagh in Mind/ Body but sought shelter instead at Cable Street Collective (brilliant, they are on again 2x more times), then Cathy Davey. Loved her new band, albeit like Harvest I never really made it to her previously.

Heading back in today around 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭riddles

Was it easy to get a taxi last night?

i left to get a bus around 2:30 and there was a good few taxis around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'm not going to lie to ye lads, I'm a bit disappointed with my Friday. Thanks to all the Boardsies who tried to direct me to a spot in Eco. By the time I got there, it was pretty rammed. Got a spot eventually, nice but practically in the Rave in the Woods, which meant a lively night trying to get to sleep.

Harvest were great but Bright Eyes? Wtf was Conor on? All over the gaff. I thought it was going to be funny messy after he first couple of tracks but he was a disaster, forgetting words, stumbling around the stage, real disappointment. I love the Pixies dearly but I couldn't believe the setlist. They landed 5 or 6 'new' songs in a row into the set, first time I've ever seen them do that. The classics were all great but that was a real let down for me. No Hey? No Debaser?? Fontaines good and certainly had the place hopping but they increased the tempo and the noise, seem to be looking to add more to the guitars to the point were the melody for a couple of them (Nabokov?) was almost lost completely. Out without my jacket like a dope soaked on the walk back to get it and then raining so hard at that point i said I'd give Cathy a miss.

Thumper at Body and Soul fantastic and brilliant to meet a good gang of Boardsies at Harvest.

Still coming down out there now, looking to the Gods for a sign that it's going to be alright. I'll need to shake myself today and get into the swing of it.

Have a good one folks.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,493 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Strangest decision of the day was pixies deciding to add that song to end of the set list.

Finishing on "where is my mind" would have been the cherry, but like wtf. I didn't mind too much the 4 or 5 new songs in the middle of the show, but come on Frank, finish on a high, not a damp squib

40-45 minute wait, I joined queue at 2am apx. No shelter. Well organised, Gardai were ensuring queues not skipped and trying to have each taxi take 4 passengers ("2 places left for Portlaoise", etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, they've been doing Winterlong for a good while now but strange one to finish on alright.

Thought The Pixies were excellent, first time seeing them live after I couldn’t attend previous gigs. Franks voice is still kickin

Saw Thumper and they were brilliant,just pure energy and they one of the best live Irish acts around . Security were going mental at one stage seeing all the moshing and crowd surfing but just thought f**k it,everyone’s enjoying themselves,so just let them at it

Caught Harvest twice ,saw their Trailer Park performance and saw some of their acoustic set,always great to hear the Neil Young stuff

Didnt get to see Fontaines as the missus wanted to see Dermot Kennedy,not into his stuff at all,he has a very good voice although what I will say after watching his stage antics ,he’s one level away from going full Kanye 😂

Morning all hope you got through the night OK with the weather. Friday was very mixed for me. Slow start but caught Beef Supreme who really got the crowd going. After that bit of a lull so had a walk around to see the changes and caught a bit of the galway ukes which was fun. Harvest were good and great to meet some new and known boardsies, hope to see you and more at tcm later. Bright Eyes a huge disappointment he was out of it and very poor. Over the for some scattered ashes who were good to a tiny crowd. Glass animals were good and had a great crowd. Really enjoyed the pixies but agree with stillill unusual set and no debaser was a surprise. Caught some of fred again, outside tent due to crowd, and really liked it. Nearly had to be stopped as three idiots climbed up the tent scaffolding. On then to sprints who were the highlight of my day, put on a great show that dragged people in and was great atmosphere, clash with fontaines did not help. On then to the Pale who as usual had loads of energy and got the crowd bopping. Stayed in tent to avoid rain and got a dj that didn't do much for me. Finished with Cathy who was really good. While some highlights was expecting better and have to say when in the main arena always felt like too many people and didn't have the same good vibe as previous years for me. Roll on today which happens to be away from the main arena until later.

• Advertisement

Advertisement