Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I don't have a proper answer to your question, but could either of these help?

The roaming setting seems to be buried in the middle of other settings, rather than being a button/switch in full view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭larchielads

Thanks for your help but those instructions stiil lead me to a toggle switch which she doesnt have.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭breeno

Eir have a 15 per month sim only offer these days but it’s 12 months only and they’ll increase it further every April if I’m reading the terms correctly. My wife is with eir and her data speeds and coverage are perfect for my usage. Would gomo and eir be identical for data speeds or would there be throttling? Conscious of the an post thread showing Vodafone throttling speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Is anyone else having issues with their voicemail? When I dial 171, there is greeting saying "enter your number followed by # key or of dialling from your own number just press #" When I do, it says invalid number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Mine is OK

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Is there a phone number to contact gomo? I've sent emails and messaged on site but no reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kalyke

They will eventually reply to your query but will probably answer a question you did not ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'm getting a very annoying problem with incoming calls. I can answer the call perfectly and after about a minute into the call I can't hear anything, the call is still connected but all I have is silence. When I ring the person back the call works perfectly, it's extremely annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Is the sms message down again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 yikesanon

Posted this in the "Gomo Roaming in UK" thread originally but said I'd post it here as well:

Is it correct that if I am in the UK for the year with my GoMo SIM, calls and texts both to the UK and Ireland are free, and I get 10GB data per month (not just 10GB once)? So basically it's the same as in Ireland but with 10GB monthly data limit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 LimerickNomad

Hello all!

Have a GoMo SIM. Credit card number changed recently, twice. Got no obvious error from GoMo but lost connectivity to calls and SMS texts last night - probably due to non-payment but no other notification received that I recall, either text or e-mail.

Trying to contact GoMO via Chat but getting no response. Am not able to change my credit card number either, failing silently.

Has anyone a direct number or email that I can use to escalate my issue please?

LN.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Hi folks, my daughter has lost her phone, what is the procedure for replacing the SIM, I logged into the account but when I click on Replace SIM I get an error, "action is unavailable until your service is activated". I contacted GOMO but..........replies are VERY SLOOOW !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Anyone ever had any issues changing their number over. My number was supposed to change over onto my new SIM at 10am yesterday but it hasn't... No response to messages sent to their Customer Care yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

I just ordered 4 sims to change over in a few day keeping my own number... sims arrived in post today with all 085 numbers...

Are these going to be OK and switch automatically or should they have my original numbers on each one?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You'll have to port your old number. Make sure the sims work, first. Also, don't port over a weekend, it can take much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

OK i wonder can I change porting time until a mid week afternoon now or is it too late..

And re porting.. Is there much to it. Can't see a lot on the website as to what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

If the date/time you choose for porting hasn't already passed you should be able change the time.

The facility for booking the porting the number can be found on the website at MyGoMo > Account Details > Move My Number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Anyone else having dire coverage for calls/texts/data for the last few weeks? I'm in Galway

Almost makes you wonder if they are trying to shift people off the €10/month deal. But maybe it's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

My sons phone was stolen while he was away, i used my laptop logged on to his Gomo account you can block the sim from here and order a new one, i didn't have any problems, this was yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Shouldn’t the coverage be the same as Eir? Are you in Galway city? Which type of phone? Are you getting 2g/3G/4g?

• Advertisement

I heard it should be the same as vodafone (which may be the same as Eir). I live about 20mins northwest of the city but the coverage has been relatively good for the last 15 or so years (vodafone prior to Gomo in 2019)

Using a 4g Moto g but tried it on different phones and other family members on gomo having similar poor coverage.

Don't really want to lose the 10/month, but not sure how long I could hold out - it's shocking bad.

Vodafone is a different network. Gomo runs on the Eir network which I believe runs on upgraded Meteor & O2 infrastructure.

im moving to Gomo this week. I’m south Galway so I’ll let you know how it goes. The wifi calling in my home is the main selling point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭GIMP

Eir network only, they have no access to 3, Vodafone or old O2 network

Oh yes you are right. I remember now that it was Eir that took the Meteor network and it was Three that took O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Cheers, the option to replace SIM is now working on the website, not sure why it took a week to do so!!!

I just realised I can avail of the Eir Mobile Connect 30 day plan for €9.99 per month, which includes 5G & I believe includes Wifi Calling. Is there any reason to stick with Gomo rather than go to Eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭GIMP

It goes up to 19.99 per month after 12 months, could be a not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

I have been on this plan for several years. Each year, I call Eir and they renew the €9.99pm mobile plan at the same price. If you don't do this, the price goes up after 12 months. (You have to make the call - you can't renew this rate online) If you are prepared to pay 50% more for GoMo (€14.99pm), they state that you will have the tariff "for life" (but without 5G), and to date they seem to have honored this promise. The Eir Mobile Connect 30 day plan seems like a no-brainer.

• Advertisement

Ah right that sounds great. Do they also give you a deal on the broadband side to keep it on a lower tariff? I believe the 12 month mobile deal ties with the broadband contract right?

Advertisement