Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Girl in Red was my highlight from yesterday. Great gig.

Bright Eyes was alright, but the singer was absolutely pissed. Nearly took out one his band mates near the end, looked awkward for the band.

Pixies were great, but a bizzare setlist. If I hadn't seen them play the hits in Galway a few months back I'd be very annoyed.

Today is all about Wolf Alice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

It’s grim out there now. Feel like lighting the fire and sitting at home but it will probably clear. Just have to embrace it I suppose. Not able for the slog as I get older!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

Do aldi have raincoats?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Great to know that their nine months training in Templemore and level 8 QQI qualification is being put to good use - managing a taxi queue FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

our day was great up until around 10pm when we were looking to catch a bit of Fred Again before Dermo Kennedy and it was just mayhem. I’ve never seen so many people try to pile into the tent, we eventually managed to escape ongoing crush and headed over to main stage.

IMO there is far too many people here it’s way over crowded once the heads from the campsites that only come in around 10pm arrive. Having the same Electric Arena finish at the same time as main stage was some serious piss poor planning. We called it a day after Dermo as the old age injuries were catching up on us.

The free flow of cans from Pink Moon as mentioned above was a great pleasure, didn’t have to visit the bars once 😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

Got back to tent by 3, a bit of Cathy Davey, and some beaty stuff in Hazelwood after that. Pissing for a while now, but looks like it stops in an hour or two.

For anyone looking for a coffee, and doesent want to q theres one open in Trailer Park, come in by Salty Dog, a few shelter spots around there, and the bigger covered Scheppes bar nearby also. Brekkie also available, fairly empty here, but a few streaming in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

I was just turned back at the Freetown entrance. Was told the arena isn't open til 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

My first experience at EP yesterday, and probably a little different from others' as I was actually playing at it. 😊

Was surprised at the lack of signage getting into the place, in terms of remembering big digital signs on the roads in previous years. But once we got to Stradbally there were loads of stewards and police and everyone was very helpful. Long enough walk in with our gear from the green car park (luckily the nice people running the stage drove us back to our van when we were finished).

Wandered around the main area at about 5pm to get food and was surprised how much space there was, it was quite nice. Virtually no queues for food at that time. Very very young audience though. We headed back to our stage to start getting ready to play when Denise Chaila started, she seemed to be pulling a decent crowd.

I didn't really get to see many artists; Bright Eyes were a bit of a mess so I only last two songs with them. Scattered Ashes in the Fish Town stage were very good but only played to a handful of people. Pixies were on same time as us unfortunately, but I've seen them twice already this year and I'm sure they delivered.

Was in the car and on the road home by 11pm, got out no hassle. Missed the rain thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭endainoz

I had a good Friday myself, started off with thumper, were fantastic. The moshing looked a bit dangerous so stayed well clear of it! Pixies were brilliant but agreed on the lack of hey or debasser. Went to catch a bit of bonny men in an pobail gaeilge and they were excellent. The trad crowds are always in great form. Went back to EA to catch fontaines. A pretty intense show! Probably should have come with an epilepsy warning though! But really enjoyed it all the same. There's a sea shanties crowd playing salty dog at 1pm. Will definitely check them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭endainoz

Also I haven't seen much of the main stage but the positioning is a bit weird. There's a tree that looks to be blocking the center of the stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Last night consisted of bright eyes (great if a little tired and emotional. The urge to shout “sir, this is a Wendy’s” was strong). Then Megan for a bit. My brother has turned into an old man like his father and was disgusted so we had to go pixies. And then Got the beers in and settled in front of the sound desk for clear sight and sound of Fontaines, very tasty.

Shout out to the glorious airplane style vacuum bogs in pink moon, it removed the hell demon that I exorcised from my arse in a super efficient fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Currently listening to the patter of rain on the tent, normally it sounds worse than it is, but ventured out a few min ago and it’s definitely poncho weather.

I know Friday starts a little later, but putting a couple of lesser known acts on some of the smaller stages from say 12 onwards would have worked really well, tens of thousands milling about with nothing other than the commercial stands like Heineken and Coke, to keep them occupied. Salty dog was the only stage open.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,493 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Big change to the weather forecast today.

No rain due until around 6pm where it will spit a little till 8, and a little bit around midnight... but the heavy stuff that was predicted for 1am is now pushed out to 4am, when hopefully most people will be sheltered.

What app you using? YR showing to clear up but with a mahoosive amount to fall in the wee hours! Peaking at 4am.

The default apple weather app (Which I find fairly reliable) showing solid rain for the next 24 hours 😢

• Subscribers Posts: 41,493 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Accuweather showing the worst of it not to come in until 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Met Éireann are saying this rain will stop around 3pm and then they’re predicting a thunderstorm from 3 - 7am tonight / tomorrow morning.

Snarky Snark Snark

Lots of the huns sporting dry robes…. gits.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

Overall it was a really good day for me. Started very chilled in the Eco campsite with some good chats. Seemed to take forever before there was music to see.

The Blessed at salty dog, then Toishin, and Harvest with the Boardsies was great. Caught a couple of songs from 100gecs which was a bit mad, then Denise Chaila.

Bit of a break back to the tent as Seathrun told me someone moved my tent to make space so had to check it out. Thankfully all ok.

Back for Glass Animals, Little Simz, Pixies and Fontaine's, and caught the last tracks of Dermot on my way to Cable street collective at Trailer Park.

Little Simz was definitely the highlight, she was superb.

You really feel the extra numbers. Moving around is more hassle. Pixies and Fontaine's weren't full though. I don't know where they will put the Sunday people. Eco seems to have got the numbers wrong and registered far too many people.

My poncho is still wet from last night, so I'm sitting in my tent feeling sorry for myself, waiting for the rain to stop. Not sure the tent will survive the downpour tonight. Considering sleeping in the car, or driving back to Dublin tonight and down again tomorrow. Age maybe catching up on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

The tree is in front of the sound desk so the view would be blocked anyway.

I had a great day yesterday highlights were girl in red and the last three songs from Fontaine's.

There clearly nowhere near enough security onsite. I took a walk around the outside of the tent at Fred Again.. last night and surprised to see no security presence. Clearly the discussion on capacityThe tree is in front of the sound desk so the view would be blocked anyway.

I had a great day yesterday highlights were girl in red and the last three songs from Fontaine's.

There's clearly not enough security employed for the weekend. I took a walk around the outside of the tent at Fred Again.. last night and was surprised to see no security presence. Clearly the discussion on capacity was irrelevant as they don't have enough staff to put up a cordon when they need to. The free flow that results from this is a nice bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

I might have spoken too soon they seem to have started searching properly at Freetown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Security coming in yesterday were fcking insane. Some young lad literally with hia nose in my bag saying he could smell weed, picking up each item of clothing and sniffing it like a fcking truffle hound. Needless to say he didn't find anything after about 7 minutes of that sh1t.

Great first night though, Pixies excellent as always. Great vibes at revelation sound in trenchtown. Fully coffee'd and kinara'd up now and ready for day 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, new dawn, new day. Bit of food inside me, a bit of an explore and everything looking better, rain notwithstanding. Mr.Pink in 30 minutes and we'll take it from there. Have a good one.

Snarky Snark Snark

Was pretty much waved through security with my trolley and bags. They were more interested in attempting to chat up the young ladies behind us

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭muloc

Any of EP being shown on TV or streamed anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Genghis

Security today for me was way more intense. Been through main entrance twice, both times bag emptied and patted down.

Yesterday I walked right in, no bag check, no body check, no wristband check.

Anyway I successfully smuggled a days worth of cans into main arena via the sane route as yesterday.

Now for the rain to get lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Thumper are deadly. Glad I caught them. Wandered into Willow after who drew a big crowd,no idea who she is but she was good. Caught a little bit of little simz before going to the pixies. They were very disappointing regards their setlist. Fontaines smashed it out of the park. Great atmosphere there. Had to head back to the tent because the bro in law developed "teapot" game over as I was drenched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

when i got back to Pink Moon about 11.30, directly from inside the Arena, there was a massive q to get into arena from inside PM, they were held there, just like You were at Freetown entrance,

PM has advantage of that path to the left of checkin. 1 st left was main arena, 2nd and third was late night arena, i accessed all of them, and no checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Not leaving people re enter with any alcohol, loads being binned

• Advertisement

Lads, “no re-entry with alcohol” new rule, even from your car into the camp site.

Advertisement