Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do some of my boards.ie email notifications have stars?

Options
  • 25-08-2022 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Not much of an issue, but I'm just curious. Note, the unmarked stars on the far left are for Mozilla Thunderbird.

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I haven't seen these in action myself as I use on-site notifications only but at a guess, are they threads you have posted in yourself versus ones you have just followed out of interest? I'll switch on my own for a short while to see if I also get them, might figure it out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi Niamh.

I just checked a good few of my emails with those stars. I'm nearly certain that I have posted in all of them before. I'll check also if the non-star emails are ones that I didn't post but just followed.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Actually, I think all the boards.ie notification emails are getting that star. When I look at the sub-folder with the emails, without even clicking on the email (merely viewing the new emails screen), the stars go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This is 100% a config thing on your email client.

Hi L1011. Yes, I just noticed non-boards emails are also getting the stars.

• Advertisement

I found out that the stars show the new emails I received since the last time it synced with the server.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Good to know @Worztron my experiment with email notifications didn't shed any light so @L1011's explanation makes more sense.

Advertisement