Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Silent - what is on Hunter's laptop that you are so convinced of an FBI cover up?

Why would the FBI still have it? Surely just destroy it or close the case if they are so intent on covering it up?

What extra evidence do you require to move you to think Trump has a case to answer?

You seem convinced of some conspiracy for Hunter, yet on Trump you won't make a call until he is convicted.

At least try to be consistent and balanced

• Registered Users Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Mark Zuckerberg, CEO and Founder of Facebook has admitted that his company (plus other tech and media giants) conspired with the FBI to suppress the Hunter Biden Laptop story, so the American public would not be exposed to the story in the closing days of the 2020 Election. What part of this scandal are you not getting?

What is on his laptop is a whole other question, why do the FBI have it, why haven't they returned it? Is there an on going investigation or not, why is it so slow, they have the laptop since 2019, in 2020 they were denying it's existence...this whole sage has at least two major elements!

Well, when it come's to Trump, I have lost count on the amount of accusations levied at the man since 2015, including recently, when he was accused of trying to wrestle control of the Presidential Limo from a Secret Service agent in a last gasp attempt to take over the Government...so, I adopt a wait and see attitude, I'd prefer to get some backround from a non partizan media org on what is normal practice when Presidents leave office, has anything like this happened before for instance, I have a vague recollection of Hillarys staff destroying phones after she left office but I don't know of any reliable way of confirming that story either!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

The backdrop was red, white, and blue.

Of course to some a bad faith talking point about backdrop is more important than the topic being discussed - the fate of the US democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,375 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

conspired with

Was this Cooperation with law enforcement illegal or something?

What is on his laptop is a whole other question, why do the FBI have it, why haven't they returned it? Is there an on going investigation or not, why is it so slow, they have the laptop since 2019, in 2020 they were denying it's existence...this whole sage has at least two major elements!

Not much I imagine, thanks to potential chain of custody issues if Rudy Giuliani and his people (incl. non nationals) had hands on it before the FBI did. Digital forensics may tell another story, but digital spoofs get more sophisticated all the time. Speaking of conspiracy theories: if Rudy worked with the KGB to plant phony emails in there, phony files etc. alongside the rest of a real laptop, that could lead to a lot of damaging misinformation, even might allow Russia to decide who won the election if it was just shared around for people to JAQ-off about.

Well, when it come's to Trump, I have lost count on the amount of accusations levied at the man since 2015, including recently, when he was accused of trying to wrestle control of the Presidential Limo from a Secret Service agent in a last gasp attempt to take over the Government.

Amusingly, the USSS agent who claimed to deny Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony and expressed he was willing to contradict her version of events - has resigned from the service effectively immediately so that he may not be legally compelled to testify to the thing he said he was previously eager to testify to. Now, he's not talking. Back to what I just said about the damage of JAQ-ing off to misinformation. Wait and see attitude is right!

I have a vague recollection of Hillarys staff destroying phones after she left office but I don't know of any reliable way of confirming that story either!!

Indeed, because "flood the zone with ****" is such an effective right wing political strategy. Depending on the person, and the day, and their mood, her Server was "under her bed," "in her basement," "in her closet," "in her bathroom," She used "bleachBit," "Bleach," "Acid," "She liquefied her server with acid," she "smashed the phones," "Interns smashed the phones," "The phones killed themselves" etc.

There IS AN ONGOING GRAND JURY OF HUNTER BIDEN. I am amused I have to keep reminding people of this, even though the right mentions Hunter Biden every. Single. Day. Somehow their daily rhetoric fails to mention their daily angst is being satisfied by Due Process. Huh.

I might stand to be corrected but I don't believe it was illegal, I'd imagine the money the tech firms have spent on lobbying politicians in recent years affords them protection from legal responsibility for censoring content. Was it illegal for Twitter to block the account of the news organisation that broke the story for over a week to limit the circulation of the story? I doubt that too, but what is that if not a conspiracy between vested interests?

• Advertisement

If you're concerned about Hunter's laptop wait until you hear about all the backroom deals the Trump kids and partners made during and directly after being in the Whitehouse - these are people who unlike Hunter were actual staff in the Whitehouse and given security clearance they'd never have qualified for if Daddy didnt push it through.

The US economy is in a far, far better state than it was in March 2020 with over 9 million jobs added and historically low unemployment. Inflation is a worldwide issue and the US is being hit less than many large countries.

Is disagree that Biden was assisted in the weeks before the election but even if it was the case it was far, far less than those same forces assisted Trump in the same weeks in 2016.

Cooperation with Law Enforcement to address damaging misinformation to the US Democracy?

We have a whole Hunter Thread about this if you want to get into more about it, but even when journalists got their hand on Matt Gaetz's or whoevers copy of the laptop (why does he have one? Chain of custody much, leaking much) they only managed to authenticate only some of the emails on the laptop, in particular.

IS the US economy in recession? Or has the definition of that word changed? Was the US economy in recession going into March 2020? Well if the Trump kids engaged in corrupt behaviour then I hope they face the consequences!!

You might disagree with Mark Zuckerburg, who admitted to suppressing the story in a "meaningful" manner, Twitter did the same as did multiple media outlets, you are perfectly entitled to believe it had no bearing on the outcome!!

You're being very misleading here. They weren't reporting the story as you are carefully noting in your posts - they were sensationalising it in a manner that had a huge risk of ending up being misinformation, so much so that to this day basically none of it has been proven to be true.

Well, the FBI only denied the existence of the laptop, Russian disinformation, they called it, they never denied the very public allegations that were public at the time about what was on the laptop!! So, until we know what happens to the investigation then you know as much as I do!

• Advertisement

The FBI/DOJ is typically not in the business of wasting press resources to actively deny screed in the media. Why would a law enforcement service bother, even - criminals could "flood the zone with ****" and have law enforcement chasing its own shadow to deny every salient talking point, giving their investigations less privacy to be conducted faithfully and in keeping with the civil rights of the persons involved in an investigation. The only time I see the DOJ/FBI have to actively deny things to the media is when something comes from a seemingly authoritative source, like the White House pushing out incorrect statements like when the DOJ had to clarify fact from Trump's election hoax fiction, or when misinformation leads to stochastic terror attacks.

Did someone just teach you the word recession and you keep writing it over and over again not understanding the context?

Recessions are completely normal and will always happen. An economy with a very mild GDP drop and 9 million extra jobs and continued job growth is in a far better situation than when Biden took over.

Points 3,4,8,9,10 can be explicitly applied to Liberals.

3. Chaos is something to be exploited, not addressed.

The severe anti-body reaction to Trumps election including BLM riots, CV-19 response, mail-in ballots were explicitly exploited by Democrats.

4. The super-rich bankroll the right-wing seizure of power.

Fact. Democrats receive a much higher proportion of funding from wall street and silicon valley than Republicans.

8. Books are the enemy.

Do I really need to go into details. Banning books, censorship of opinions that go against liberal orthodoxies. Banned.

9. An independent news media is the enemy.

Actually, real independent media and platforms like substack are thriving because the so called traditional independent media has been captured by liberal activists.

10. Educators are pressured to be politically compliant.

Pronouns???

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Why are you put out by the word recession? We all know what a recession is.

Your point makes no sense.

You're claiming social media is covering up a story while also accepting there is absolutely no evidence the story is true.

Why are you mad that likely misinformation wasn't allowed to be spread in the run up to the election?

Ok, I'll try to explain again.

I am not claiming social media is covering up a story.

Social media owner Mark Zuckerburg admitted to suppressing the story in a "meaningful manner". Twitter did the same, as did major media outlets in the US...nobody is disputing this.

I am aware of the allegations that have been made, I haven't once discussed them here as they are allegations. I am trying to be reasonable and measured when it comes to what I am prepared to believe.

Your last question is plain ridiculous, I'm sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,696 ✭✭✭✭briany

There was little about Trump leaving office that was normal practice. Firstly, he never really conceded the election with the normal congratulations to his opponent, although he did begrudgingly acknowledge that a new administration would be taking over. But that was only after the second thing of attempting to get the result overturned, despite having no credible evidence that it needed overturning (it was thrown out by nearly every court it was put in front of). And then, thirdly, wouldn't even attend his successor's inauguration 'cause he can't handle losing.

From the evidence of you posts it is pretty clear that you don't know what a recession is.

It is idiotic to assess whether an economy is doing better across two points in time based purely on the growth levels of GDP over the preceding quarters.

Yip...all of which will catch up with him if he tries to run again! There was little about his run, his term and his exit that was normal....everybody, all sides did damage to themselves in my view.

• Advertisement

A recession is two consecutive quarters of negative growth. The US has had two consecutive quarters of negative growth, it's simple, jeees, where is that Department of Disinformation when you need it eh!

The last question is perfectly reasonable given your posts on this and how they make no sense.

You admit there is no evidence that the story in question is true so what is your issue with very likely misinformation not being allowed to spread right before an election?

Well, the person who handed the laptop to the FBI made allegations of what was on the laptop, why he decided to hand it to the FBI, the only people who can very those allegations are the FBI, who instead, denied the existence of the laptop, so you can see the pickle we are all in!

Good job, you have confirmed you can copy and paste from google.

Now please explain why you believe the preceding two quarters of growth are the only metrics you care about when assessing the state of the economy at two points in time.

Chaos is something to be exploited, not addressed.

The severe anti-body reaction to Trumps election including BLM riots, CV-19 response, mail-in ballots were explicitly exploited by Democrats.

BLM riots happened 3.5 years into his presidency - not an antibody reaction to trumps election

CV-19 response - nothing to do with his election???

Mail-in ballots - were open to everyone to use. See the 14th amendment. It was a political decision by Republicans to tell their photos not to use it, which plainly cost them the election.

Please actually illustrate this "antibody response" the best I can think of is the Pink Pussy Hats brigade post-election. Terrifying stuff.

he super-rich bankroll the right-wing seizure of power.

Fact. Democrats receive a much higher proportion of funding from Big Tech and silicon valley than Republicans.

"Big Tech and Silicon Valley" how about - Oil and Gas, Pharmaceuticals, etc. etc.

This week: Republicans received a $1.6 Billion slush fund

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/22/us/politics/republican-dark-money.html

Please do the math and make sure your "fact" is still accurate.

Just on the traceable money front: to get to "Big Tech" you have to scroll past a lot of Republican-lobbying industries, QED

Books are the enemy.

Do I really need to go into details. Banning books, censorship of opinions that go against liberal orthodoxies. Banned.

Yes, you really need to go into details. What books are being banned by the Democrats, what opinions are being censored? Banned?

Anyway this is nothing to see here, just a Republican-Party-Sponsored Book Burning this spring

An independent news media is the enemy.

Actually, real independent media and platforms like substack are thriving because the so called traditional independent media has been captured by liberal activists.

So independent news media is NOT the enemy, and they are thriving under this government? Cool.

Did they use the WH to declare them an Enemy of the People or anything? No?

Educators are pressured to be politically compliant.

Pronouns???

Educators in florida were told they had to remove photos of President Barack Obama and Martin Luther King, and couldn't even talk about certain topics that are "too woke" lest they be criminally fined and/or thrown in jail. But please, continue: What about pronouns?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Sweet Jesus - the manufactured outrage and absolute nonsense being spoken since that speech is something to behold!!

Are you seriously denying that a recession is defined as (at least) two consecutive quarters of negative growth?

You haven't answered my question, just again pointed out how there is no evidence the story is true.

I'll try one last time, you've admitted there is no evidence that the story in question is true so what is your issue with very likely misinformation not being allowed to spread right before an election?

Let's review Biden's GDP:

Q1 2021: 6.3%

Q2 2021: 6.7%

Q3 2021: 2.3%

Q4 2021: 6.9% (nice.png)

Q1 2022: -1.6%

Q2 2022: -0.6%

So this means his average GDP as POTUS is... +3.33%

This is +.33% higher than the economy averaged in it's best year under Trump (3.0%)

Trump's term average GDP was 2.0875%

Even in a technical recession, too, Biden's economy is still winning despite this economic predictor of a true recession.

• Advertisement

I'm beginning to think I'm hitting my head off a brick wall here, we can't even agree on the definition of a word, perhaps we should just move on!

Advertisement