Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Less than 14kWh here in Donegal. And the wife has decided to bake buns in the electric oven so I doubt if I'll make it through to morning on the battery. Its at 55% now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

Can't have your cake and eat it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭curioustony

And the wife has decided to bake buns in the electric oven so I doubt if I'll make it through to morning on the battery. Its at 55% now.

@DrPhilG I completely subscribe to the sentiment. I also worry that we take this too far sometimes. At least you can enjoy the buns!

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

Nope, she burnt them... 😢

Doesn't matter too much in the long run. I would have enough juice to get to the morning but the forecast tomorrow is muck so I'll charge a little over the next few nights.

Barely made it this morning, battery was down to 25% (20% dod) by the time generation started covering the load. Would be similar tomorrow but with sod all generation over the next few days I'd still run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Pretty low day, just 7.5kWh. Battery got charged up but it was late enough. Eddi took about 1.8kWh so not enough to heat the tank and had to use some gas. Could be better but could be worse. It is what it is. :)

• Advertisement

August is ending with a bang, 32kWh yesterday and on course for similar today.

Will be north of 750kWh for the month, estimate was just 668kWh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Go on the 900 😁

I think estimated for August was around 650kwh give or take. Which was spot on for last year's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

33.5kwh today and yesterday to finish Aug on a high, over 200 ahead of forecast. Was a funny month, 16 days with 30+kWh yet 8 days with less than 10kwh. Still the best month of the year, with almost 300kwh exported

Mentally preparing myself for the inevitable drop off in production as Sept progresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Bakka

My first full month done now. A very good 1185kwh was generated in August. Delighted with that. If September could just continue on as it started, I'd be hoping for a good return this month too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

well done!

I've just over 588 for the month, and most of that was exported to the grid as we were away for most of the month. From the latest FIT info, we should be getting back 18c per KWh sent back to the grid. We're hoping to be well in credit once the bill comes through.

We've also had a smart meter installed and once we get an EV, we'll go to the EV bundle. We'll use the cheaper night rates to top up the dhw tank during the colder months. at 5 cents per KWh, it would make great sense to do it this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

550kwh on our first full month. Huge output for us, dwarfed by others here, but that's all good :)

It's largely charging our EV when it's in the driveway. Only self-consuming ~40% but still learning the ropes so ok with that for now, but will tighten it up in time. If we had a 10kwh battery (we have none now and still on the fence), we'd have been buying nothing from the grid to run the house and EV - which is unreal. I'm still very much in the excited and amazed space as we're only 5 weeks live. 4.9kwp (mainly E, small S, small W)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭championc

Fook me - what size is that ? And how much export ?

I have a 9.1kwh ground mount system 150 degree orientation in Galway. It gets a good dose of sunlight throughout the whole day. I only got in the Smart Meter last Monday the 22nd August at Midday. Since that time to now, I have exported 198kwh in little over 10 days. There is 5 in the household, with showers etc always on the go. I have no battery or EV.

Eamonn Ryan might be making a phone call to ya any day :)

Ha ha. As long as it's just a phone call and not a personal visit. My dogs love to eat anything green,!!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Hopefully the correct group. We have a 28.kWh setup here with a Huawei Inverter. It is basically an 8 panel setup on one string.

We have some additional space on a side roof that could fit 6-8 panels. Would anyone have an idea how much it would cost to install and add those panels to the system?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

If it was the same day as your initial install day, you'd be generally looking at about €250/panel mate. As an after addon, I'd say €400-500/panel. Yeah nearly double. Thats assuming that you current inverter can handle 2 strings (and your using 1x now), and that your within limits of voltage/current.

The reason of course is that you have to pay for a second call out, potentially scaffold installation a 2nd time, etc. it's not just the panels you have to pay for but all the sundry work(s). Hence why the general recommendation is to get (more) panels in than you think you need initially.

Miserable 8.1kWh today.

Tomorrow looks worse mate - only 3.7Kwhr estimated for me tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭allinthehead

14.4 kwh in Cork today from my 3.2 SE .8 NW and newly added .8 W mounted vertically. Another 2.4 kwp planned for the extension next year and still have the main roof panel free. If we decide to stay put it will be filled😁

☀️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

22, 18 and just 10kWh today. Sh1te start to the month.

Winter is definitely coming 😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

2kw today.. atrocious.

And yet tomorrow (Sunday) I see I'm forecasted to generate 20Kwhr, so decent change for the good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭allinthehead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

managed 20.2 today

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

That was decent where abouts in the country are you?

A paltry 1.5 kWh here in Dublin Fingal.

5.1 from a 4.4KWp system - midlands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭tnegun

Logged in to see how people faired today I generated 2kwh on the nose in Kildare from a 4.2kWp system with a 3.6kw inverter it was a shocking day from start to finish! I've started to qualify my install lately if anyone asks as I've 4.2kWp of panels and a 3.6kw inverter so I think I should really quote the inverter size rather than panels as it's lower?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

22.9 through lots of rain and cloudy skies, benefit of two arrays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

3.9.22 - 6.9 array

Advertisement