Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ukrainian refugees in Ireland - Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,232 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I never suggested you called it cushy.

Minister of State is an important distinction from Minister, the later is a cabinet position.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Havnt a clue what this even means.

Perhaps you need it explaining in simple terms.

It means no matter how much they sell the country out, the EU will always look after the ones doing their bidding.

As well you know what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭thedart

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭enricoh

Bingo, this is the only get rich quick scheme left in town. It may get bumpy for ordinary paddy as a result, but sod them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Am I missing something? I thought I heard that Jr. Minister Butler was "worried" about nursing homes closing in order to house refugees and Ukrainians. She is surely a member of a Government that is approving the mass influx of migrants and who have surely OK'd the provision of accommodation by said nursing homes? If this is true, I am baffled.

But I might have got some wires crossed along the way or something.

• Advertisement

Claimed yesterday that paddies were saying the polish were lazy when they came over 20 years. I said that it was the opposite n were thought of as good workers.

He then claimed the search button was broken so he couldn't post any links to prove it. So he just started calling out xenophobia etc. It's laughable at this stage! These lads have literally no counter argument, nothing - bless them!

Ahhh, we are part of the EU, it's not some foreign entity. It's an entity Ireland has done more than alright from, whatever the Irexit fúckwits would have you think.

But your claim was in response to a poster claiming we don't look after our own

No money or promises of cushy EU jobs in doing that.

You were asked several times which "cushy EU jobs" and you have been unable to answer.

So we have no choice left but to file with the rest of tin foil claims made on here, would that be fair?

--------------------------------

In reality the cute Politicians don't get cushy EU jobs, primarily because there isn't any, they end up on boards of companies getting paid for doing very little I imagine.

This wouldn't be exclusive to Irish Politicians though.

Nope. I said the usual feckless malcontents were spouting the same lies and dribble that is now being spread about Ukrainians.

From my personal experience and from my experience of remembering threads on here.

Now have you offered any evidence for your opinion. Lets say a counter argument?

That would be no wouldn't it? moronic accusations and deflection. Bless.

Anyway pub awaits, have a good one. 👍️

Enjoy your pints boggles it’s a cushy number.

Boggles , everyone knows the Phil Hogan story and how his appointment came about. But again it's all different in your head. Must apologise as I thought you must of been in the pub for a right while with some of your replies.

Sorry couldn't resist. Enjoy your night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,245 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Yeah , have a good one. Maybe the internet will be back working for u tomorrow! I wouldn't bet on it tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Why doesn’t that surprise me. That fact that this individual has spent two decades, vomiting copious amounts of nonsense gives you a window into the psyche you’re dealing with.

Best ignored. With the ever declining web traffic on Boards, the ramblings are reaching a very minimal audience.

I agree with another poster that it’s a shame that threads of this nature always descend into a slagging match. I don’t understand why a topic as serious as the unfettered influx of migrants cannot be discussed logically. Unfortunately, the existence of certain personae means it will never happen on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

One of the more popular spots in its area of Dublin, yep. We don't go there to interact with the barman. We go there to chat with each other. If it's quiet or slow when I arrive, I'll pass the time of day with whoever's behind the bar. If it's the guy with shite English, I won't be talking in any detail about the Ukrainian crisis, the cost of energy these days and the reasons behind it, or the influences on the band whose gig I was at the weekend before. But we can still have a friendly chat, much as I can on holidays with whoever is behind the bar even though my school-level French is very rusty.

So you agree she didn't have "a cushy EU job" from 2017, then. Good.

I didn’t say that either, I merely stated her professional position i never offered my view on it. It’s just you and boggles with those false assumptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

I can see yet another thread been closed, it's gone way off line, your feeding into what the lads want, rile you up and get you band or take the reason why so many people are pi*sed off and say your racist xenophobic etc, what is happening here needs to be talked about, don't let yourselves down, the ignore button works wonders, on a side note, my mother went into a care home with fair deal scheme three years ago, we got a letter from revenue on Wednesday looking for if the house was empty, who's living there if so are they related and some more personal questions..... jaysus i know it's a fair deal scheme she singed up to but the woman paid her mortgage and owns the house( i know i know not fully now), but its a fair coincidence all of a sudden their enquiring about the house. One of my nieces is living there atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

A pro FG lad on another thread said PH was f'd off to europe to get him out of the way

I simplified a bit with my version of what probably happened :

Would the conversation not have been a bit like this:

EK: Phil, I want you to bring in water charges.

PH: Ah Jaysus Enda, why me?

Because you're the right man for the job.

I thought we were friends? Whoever brings in water charges is fooked. You do know that right?

Not just fooked Phil, royally fooked. C'mere, fancy Europe?

Yes, yes I do.

So, are you going to bring in water charges then?

Absolutely Enda, thanks. Can I be arrogant and obnoxious while I'm doing it?

Sure Phil, knock yourself out. Tell the feckers you'll turn the water down to a trickle if you want

Hogan wouldn't have been such a prick is he didn't know the EU job was already in the bag

That's the sort of sh!t these feckers are up to on a daily basis. God knows what's in the pipeline now.

• Advertisement

Exactly. Between the seanad and the European Parliament there is a safety net for our politicians when they f#ck up so why should they care.

Sure even one of the golf gate culprits are back in a position. They make sure they always look after there own.

I lol'ed.

And yeah, Hogan actually did get a "cushy EU job". Noone else on that list posted a page back apart from Mairead McGuinness - the rest were actually just a handful of Irish MEPs and TDs.

Who else? Peter Sutherland. McCreevy. Six or seven others, since 1970-something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

I have a cleaner woman who picks up my tea towels. I think they're brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 25,485 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I wonder what state Abbotstown will be left in ? Neither built or designed to have fuçking people living in it ffs

all our elite athletes and others who put in mammoth efforts to represent themselves, their ability and this country can get to fûck… apparently…bet it’s not a measure for a few week, 6 weeks as is being marketed….

our hotels, college accommodation, sporting facilities, fitness facilities… our housing, healthcare services, public transport, cash.. all the above free gratis….anything else they’d like ? Are we short changing them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭maninasia

Why are you surprised, its a government facilitated shitfest after all.

The irreversible damage that is done just to get Michael, Leo and Helen a forever job in Europe. That’s the price we are going to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

If I had a tinfoil hat. This is probably EU policy to increase population. Obviously slow as possible. But our shower know their gone so do the damage now and get German Mercs into the EU. Job done. More balance out declining birth rates. Rather than Incentivise couples to have kids.

I'm not talking about what's it Great replacement ?

Again, what "forever jobs" would these be? We've had what, 11 or 12 commissioners. In 50 years.

This is not the amazing 'gotcha' talking point that your telegram group thinks it is.

Great Replacement?

Is it Gemma or John we're talking to? 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

It is broken (or not as good as it used to be) in that I don't think there's a quick and easy way any more to find/search what other stuff accounts have posted up in the past. That is always interesting.

Am a long time mainly reader of this site and if we're just referring to that rather than "the Irish" (or the "paddies" as we seem to be regularly referred to here!), was definitely many threads giving out about large influx of people from EU accession states. Nothing new under the sun.

Site (or this forums) demographic has changed alot from back then (2000s) though, I mean most of list of CAIMHO threads off the front page right now is some variant of a right wing cri de coeur + wail of despair into the void isn't it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement