Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

is this an MDMA reference by any chance?! cos I took some at primavera that an english lad gave me and I wasn't too wasted but just could not stand up straight, I lost all sense of balance for a while in the middle of the crowd. kinda scary tbh, my brother had to hold me up! we left and then I was grand. weird

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Tent was flooded when we woke up this morning so we scarpered back to Dublin for the day, we’re gonna be back down in the morning.

Definitely agree that there’s too many people at the festival, queues for any sort of food are ridiculously long. The festival itself is poorly arranged and poorly signposted. The stewards in the carparks and surrounding areas are next to pointless. The company that was renting out those trolleys at the main entrance legged it early with our deposit too.

I was 10 mins late to Pixies and thought I might have missed Debaser, mad that they didn’t play it at all. Toisín was savage at the trailer park.

The ladies welcoming campers to the byeco site yesterday were great and so accommodating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Anyone tempted to sleep in their car tonight? So very tempted to pack up at 1 and sleep in the car. Wouldn't be driving til mid day. Our good tent leaked last night and not sure how it will stand up against weather later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Loads of great stuff today. Naked Lung, Silverbacks, Susan O'Neill, Annamoe Drive, the Scratch, Denise and the Limerick crew all fantastic. Not to mention These Charming Men. Great day so far. Sleaford Mods still to come. Such silly conversations about the weather. As said, whole arena perfect, walkways a bit muddy. Pair of hiking boots, not a bother. We'll have to wait and see what's to come tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

When I left the arena after Ham Sandwich I went out through transmission. Security seem to have given up, just a bit of tape across the entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Lovely morning out there.. blue skies and sunshine have a great Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Ah we ye stick up a few photos svp! Boards is an ENTERTAINMENT site. Mud, smiles, queueueues, whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mcdonut

Beautiful morning here in Stradbally. Kudos to all the regular posters here. I said hello to some of ye at TCM. Enjoy yizzers day. Cmat is my first must see today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Hows the ground looking down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Breakfast

No idea how to rotate this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rise and shine mudderfunkers!

another beautiful day here. How did yer tents hold up last night?

Have 1 with a kid in a bin with his parents beaming about it, randomness so wouldn't be comfortable putting it up here

Tent was grand, campsite is buzzing already, its gonna be a great one.

grand except for the very heavy traffic area, I'd be wearing trainers if it wasn't for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Annani

I’ve been in runners all weekend. Puddles are drying quickly in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I don't know what weather Laois got but here in Dublin some trees capsized, titled, branches broke that have been standing for ages and never budged. I don't know how tents put up by inexperienced people managed to stay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KateMonster

Hello and help!

The fomo got to me and we are driving to EP for the day...

No tickets tho.

Everything online seemed fake .

Where is the best place to try and get wrist bands or full Sunday tickets?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Absolute washout yesterday. Kids scavenging in bins for cups to build rafts out of, rivers of mascara flowing freely from the toilets, Jerry Fish turned into an actual fish. Good grief!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭showpony1

Fella sound checking in what sounds like rankin woods using lots of mad auto tune and voice changer - any idea who that is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Kneecap 😆 ridiculous fun, appeals to a primal immature nature, goes against everything we’re taught. As someone said, how do they get away with it!

They came out drinking Buckfast, asking everyone in the crowd to check if the person beside them is an undercover cop, (Which puts anyone over the age of 25 into a difficult spot) belting ‘your sniffer dogs are sh1te’ the crowd developing a west Belfast accent as they chanted back!

At one point there was a ‘wall of death’ forward of the sound desk with flares going off towards the stage. Nuts, so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Yesterday was a great day musically and the rain stopping to let the sun in for TCM was an almost spiritual moment for us auld fellas and women. Weather pretty good till just after 1 so not too bad. Highlights for me Tame Impala, wolf Alice, Naked lungs, honourable mentions Orla Gartland, Havvk. Low point all the fu**ers talking through the saint sister set. TCM excellent as always and got to meet some more boardsies including a long time lurker, you know who are, who said thanks to everyone who posts he loves it. This may be my last EP festival day so going to give it everything. Have a blast all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

feel so sorry for all those trying to sleep in tents at EP during last nights monsoon/wash out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

The noise, energy and cleanliness on the bus on the way in, the daytrippers are landing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I went down on the Sunday last EP. You'll get a wristband off someone leaving no problem. I was hoping for a free one, but ended up having to pay €60 for it.. Someone down there will show you how to take it off and put it on your arm without cutting it. Usually you can do it with the sleeve of a jumper to peel it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Festival of food charity brunch. Zooooooomg, sooooooo sooooooo good

back at tent now and in need of a nap

I meet someone last night who had bought a ticket that came up as already scanned when they went through wristband exchange. They were given a wristband anyway.

I also know of a couple who were arriving separately, she got one of the tickets scanned and handed the other one to the person putting the wristband on. He got in on after a bit of explanation.

Once it looks like you've made a genuine effort to get a ticket you'll probably be fine.

I poured myself into the tent at about 4:15. Woke up still locked at about 9:30. I had no problem sleeping through whatever weather was out there.

I do feel sorry for the people camped in the corner of Chaplin between eco and Joplin. There was a puddle across the full width of the path next to them so everyone was cutting through where their tents were pitched. Their tents are now covered in mud

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

Wolf Alice the highlight for me yesterday. TCM in the new covered area at the back of Salty Dog was great. Tent held up, slept great. Totally up for today. It's great to be back and meet so many Boardsies and pick up some conversations from 3 years ago. Not sure if this was posted already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Lads every day should start with the Bootleg Beach Boys.

Advertisement