Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English County Cricket thread.

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Another win for Northants, hopefully done enough to secure their Championship status for next year.

I'm sure Rob Key will be delighted to see little old Northamptonshire in the top flight.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Watching the Hundred final live… Samit Patel takes a swing at a short one bowled by Dylan Hartley… hits him below the helmet on the back of his head…to my surprise the team doc takes what seems to be the most quick and cursory of checks and clears him to play on. Samit puts a brave face on it but looks shaken… caught in the deep a minute later.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Dylan Hartley? The rugby player? I'm wildly confused, Ted.....

🙃

Fück the hundred is all anyone needs to know. Oh, and it's not county cricket.

Some people woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

its franchise cricket interlinked with various counties…

• Advertisement

Needs its own Hundred thread, nothing to do with the counties.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Anyone who wants to start an on-topic thread in the forum is welcome to. It's a good way of actually figuring out the interest in that topic.

Quite a nice way of showing all the First Class grounds in the County Championship, as well as the grounds they sometimes take games to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

That T20 slogging competition is at the quarter final stage, an Durham might as well have stayed at home, blocking furiously, 12/2 off 3 overs. Its a joke that any time anyone plays Surrey, they are afraid of their own shadow. Won't pass 100 the way they are batting

36/4 now, and lost a wicket to pie chucker Tom Curran. If I got out to him I'd pack it in.

Brilliant comeback from Durham, 69/6 to 162/8, mainly due to international superstar Chris Jordan donating 57 off 4 overs, probably because he had no USA tailenders to bowl to. I have said it before, but it absolutely defies logic how this fella is an international cricketer. He was on 0/21 off 2 out of a total of 70/6, then bowled a wide which was 2 feet down the leg side for the first ball of his 3rd over. Was lucky only to concede 12 from it. His final over disappeared including a no ball off the last ball, and a subsequent free hit that was hit for 4 by the number 10 batsman. Tom Curran returned to form after his wicket, and went for his usual 10 an over, terrible cricketer, terrible attitude. 0/57 & 1/40. Still think Surrey will win, but they should have been chasing 40 less. Mark Butcher is on the commentary refusing to criticise his mates. Still piggy backing off one innings against Australia about 20 years ago. The gravy train never runs out of steam

Surrey 164/5 off 18, easy win, 50s for Sibley and Sam Curran. Durham bowled too many loose balls and wides. The difference was the bowling attacks according to the commentators, that's the reason the game went past 9:00 for sure. If Surrey had bowled properly they would have won a lot earlier

Northants have finally sacked Sadler as coach, he was consistent in all forms of the game. Shíte. Some decent young talent at the club if they can hang on to them, so not a bad job to get, limited expectations and the only way being up.

Advertisement