Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2022-Round 15 - Zandvoort :Dutch GP

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Well they are both in the same car for quite a few races and Russell has a lot more points. I think this speaks volumes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Ferrari level mess up by merc. Alpha tauri needs to be investigated 2 races in a row going out of their way to help red bull.

Max handed another easy win which I called last week half way through spa he will win Monza too, red bull/max have just replaced merc for dominance. If this is the next few years it's bad for f1.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Russell is mr. consistent again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Double points finish for Alonso and Ocon. Good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Red bull knocked that out of the bag. Max and Georgr were the big winners on strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Other drivers/teams can make these calls. Is Hamilton not able to think for himself at all?

Russell was able to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It does, can't argue with the stats, but it feels like so much more than that. Whenever you watch Russell, his decision making, his interventions with the Team, his mental processing, its far beyond Hamilton, with all his years.

PS pathetic from Riccardo today in that car. And I'm a big fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He never calls it himself. If Bono doesn't call it then Lewis won't.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 665 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Less of that language, consider this a warning

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Surely people can't be serious with these conspiracy theories about Alpha Tauri deliberately causing a SC to benefit RB?

RB are running away with the championship, Merc are zero threat to them. Why on earth would they risk it? Look at the fall out from crash gate, (Google it because surely anyone suggesting this is a newer fan). You think Horner fancies a life time ban?

I actually hate what F1 discourse has become these last few years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

So NOW a "dominant" car is bad for F1 even though realistically going on times RB are no where near as dominant as Merc after the introduction of hybrid.

You hear the same muck on Sky, when a rule or reg goes against Merc or Hamilton that reg or rule "needs to be looked at" even though it was fine when it penalised everyone else.

Russel is a better driver than Hamilton, equal machinery and all that.

It looks like Mick and Seb swapped positions at the chequered flag. Would love to see that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Hamilton not shaking Russels hand.

Good call from Russel, if he didn't put Merc would have lost P2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ricciardo had 5 pit stops today. Mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

How long until Hamilton has a social media post about team work and how hard the team is working for him and how much he appreciates them all.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Agreed. Hamilton is still a good driver but Russell just seems to be at another level. It seems as though every race the Sky commentators are making excuses for Hamilton as Russell out performs him yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Reality is that Russell made the call for softs and Ham didn’t! I see why Hamilton didn’t tho, he’d have lost position and wouldn’t have caught max anyway! But going for the win ultimately cost him a podium, can’t blame George for that, he makes calls for himself not Lewis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Max is clearly walking away with it, and RB have a great car, but the other teams are certainly helping them.

Le Clerc should be much closer and Mercedes should close the gap more next year. If they don't then I agree that it would not be good for F1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

So where does Verstappen win the title? Japan,USA?

• Advertisement

What ever way you look at it 2nd place is a great result for Mercedes. It also puts their leading driver into 4th in the championship.

Maybe it was luck but Russell made the right call and even if he had stayed out I don’t believe they could have kept Max behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I still believe Verstappen overtook Hamilton before the line, would like to see a close up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭thefa

Was an entertaining race even before the VSC/SC’s.

Think Merc can count themselves a bit unlucky as their initial strategy had given them a good shot at a win. Credit to RB for reacting and Max being mistake free again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

With the way it's going, probably USA or Mexico.

It would have been flagged by the stewards if he did

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭coltmaster

Listening to the radio of Hamilton and Toto there it stinks of talking to a child or an absolute narcissist. Toto just explained it there. If they both stayed out there was no chance to win.

• Advertisement

And we would definitely have heard it from Mercedes

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

What was said? I was watching on F1TV so I didn't get any of that

Toto and Bono apologized and said to talk amongst themselves (as in not on radio), Lewis thanked the engineers for supplying a great car (not mentioning pitwall team). I am sure he is angry but we see this everytime he loses, it is a feature not a bug. I could never work with him no matter how good he is.

Sainz seemed to have the most eventful race, trying to collect every penalty in the book, the overtake under yellow was tight though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Jesus, Max got that SC restart inch perfect

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sky just showed a replay and Max was just behind Lewis crossing the start/finish line - perfect timing it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

He was 0.16 seconds behind Hamilton when crossing the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

You won't see better timing from a restart than that.

I always thought the restart strategy on a longish straight was to back up the pack until the last second so nobody can get a run on you. Hamilton f'd that up today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

He absolutely nailed it

Lewis apologising to the team for his radio comments now.

I can’t understand why Perez was so far off the pace.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah the car seems to have gone away from him the last while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I thought I heard earlier they had to change stuff after the crash Yesterday and that there was more degradation on those parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Kravitz is a fool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Lewis messed a part of that race up, but he would never have won it. If neither Merc had pitted then Max would have had 11 laps to overtake both of them; 9 with DRS. They had no chance against him.

Russell made the choice to go to softs. That's his decision. Things are very different for Merc this year and they have effectively decided that there's no Nr.1 driver. And rightly so. I think Lewis is so used to several years of drivers driving for him that he forgets it occasionally. Russell has every right to go for 1st or 2nd. Even if Max had been in 3rd at the restart, Lewis seems to think that Russell would never have tried to win the race and that he doesn't have the right to even try. Mercedes seem to think otherwise and they are right to let Russell have a go, he is after all their future.

Sure, Mercedes could have played it safe and gone for a 1-2 or 2-3, but this looks like going back to the old McLaren-Mercedes days of Hakkinen and Coulthard where they were let race each other, which was a lot more refreshing than the Ferrari system with Schumi an untouchable Nr. 1. Or the times they let Rosberg and Hamilton fight it out.

To add to that Lewis made a total mess of the restart giving Max a tow around the final bend. Only himself to blame there. The problem is he tends to let his frustration out on the team on the radio rather then just shouting into his helmet. He's done that a lot of times before but I guess he won't change now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Lewis is the heartbeat of the team and every other part of the team works toward one single goal - helping Lewis to win - and rightly so. He is the seven time world champion after all. Russell should just shut his mouth and obey orders and Toto should ensure that he does just that. Who does he think he is demanding a change of tyres? The boy certainly seems to have a very high opinion of himself considering his lack of honours in the sport. He also comes across as an intensely dislikeable individual the sort of know it all, prissy,tell-tale,mummy's boy type you hated at school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Lewis Hamilton showing his true colours and behaving like a spoilt two year old as usual. The sooner he’s gone from F1 the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I think that structure has changed until they get him into a car so dominant that he qualifies on pole every weekend that ensures he starts pole and stays pole.

Not sure about Merc being able to rely on his race craft to win unless he has a new engine and a 2km long straight with DRS.

There were stages last season that they seemed to let them race or at least Bottas didn't help Lewis in any way and just let Max by and then hold up Hamilton. Mercedes are more an engineering team, like Williams. The constructers is more or equally important than drivers, McLaren are similar to a lesser extent. They would rather 2-3 than a 1-10 . I would hardly think the days of Schumacher being number 1 (same as Max last season) was an issue to most people as they were against the cosh. There was only 10 points for a win so if a team mate took points or held up it could cost the championship, plus there were only 1 or 2 races a season any of his team mates (like Perez now) could match never mind beat him. If Hamilton was in the running this season then they would have left Russell to try block Max but since a Hamilton win means nothing them (as in equal to Russell) it was best to try maximize their positions.

No driver is immune from acting that way when things go wrong. Yeah maybe they all don't have quite as many expletives.

It is heat of the moment stuff and normally beyond your control.

Nonsense, he is still one of the top drivers on the grid its just a shame he doesn't have the car to challenge Verstappen. Aslong as Hamiltons heart is in it and Merc give him the car to compete he will stick around. Of course he's going to be unhappy going from P1 to P4, every other drive on the grid would do the exact same thing if they were in his position

I don't think people would have half the problem with his outbursts, look at Ronaldo when things don't go his own way, but for the nonsense he speals out before and after it. We are all one team etc until something doesn't go his way then it is all their fault. Every radio broadcast that the play during the race is either his tyres are gone, someone pushed him off the track/blocked him or else he is running away with race and everything is great. Listen to Alonso, Max, Perez, Charles etc after an incident and it is the same as Lewis but they don't then 10 minutes later patronise everyone.

Still room for improvement there Max.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

The state of this.

Hamilton is one of the only entertaining parts of F1. Him and Max are leagues above anyone else in terms of star power.

Advertisement