Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Kildare1976

Here, here @ButtersSuki @[Deleted User] dont you find this thread delicious and intriguing?

I'm intrigued that you found your way to this thread, then afforded so much time to read the comments.

You're cleary a "pal" of this narcissists creep and if you are you know we are right. Have a great day King Canute.

And when they dont tune in.they post,asking if they missed anything,so they can catch up,and have something to post about..Sometimes,I'm not sure,should I laugh,or feel sorry for them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Correct use of pronoun👍🏳️‍⚧️

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I speak solely for myself on this (despite my need for a connection apparently 🙄) when I say "Thank you for your delicious concern Anna, and the Abominable Dr. Phibes ".

I'd argue that however sad you feel my (and others) posts are, that your lurking and/or stalking of a thread you feel is inhabited by "Unbelievably lonely middle-aged men who actively tune in each day to a show they hate just so they can comment on it with others in a desperate attempt to feel connection" is immeasurably sadder. People in glass houses and all that. Bonkers really - and intriguing.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Poor and Lazy analysis Dr Phibes.....

Feel free to feel sorry for me......because its no laughing matter with your hero Tubridy on his 500k salary and 4 months holidays, stealing a living off the back of the Irish public ....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Mr Kelly somehow has to make his money, must be very frustrating having to wade through Boards posts on a regular basis when your time would be better spent on negotiating higher fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

A strange one from Friday's riffin' section.

He had this really upbeat tone of voice while reading the article about allegations of sexual assault against Win Butler (Arcade Fire frontman). He read the article and then says in a real happy tone,"oh i like the word mononymous - never saw it in an article before". Struck me as a very strange reaction to such a story.

When you get a chance caller you might confirm that you are female (and not identify as female, you actually are a female with a uterus and everything!) for the delicious Anna Rack and Mr. (or Ms.) Abominable who believe only men (sad white lonely men over 40 no doubt) inhabit this thread. Thank you for your service.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

@mistersifter I too found that quite disturbingly odd given the nature of what he was sparking about. Deeply inappropriate timing.

He is a very mysoginistic man who desperately tries to hide it but it seeps out like steam from a boiling pot at times. It's never too far from the surface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

In a way it reminded me of his initial reaction to Ukraine , when he was joking about chicken kievs and slagging off Zelensky, etc.

It's like his instinctive reaction to certain topics is just not very human. It takes him a couple of days to get programmed and be able to imitate what a normal reaction would be. Then he comes back with some faux version of that politically correct response.

He's like a dodgy AI programme. Just can't quite imitate emotion properly.

• Indeed I am a 61 year old with a uterus and dat. Nothing sad about me, I’m cruising the high seas off Western Europe, living it up so to speak 😉

And don't forget he's a 49 year old man with a history of shall we say "dodgy comments" about females who last week opined that 17 year old Avril Lavigne "had a good look".

He's obviously planting the seed for a taxpayer-funded trip to Australia.

Tubs: Dee, do you know what the nation needs right now more than anything as it faces into a winter of discontent and rising cost of living?

Dee: The Toy Show live from New York?

Tubs: Great idea! We can do that too.......maybe next year. I mean security would be an issue with me being so widely recognized on the streets of New York but I'm sure RTE will cover the bodyguard's fees. But I was thinking, how about a week of the radio show from Australia? We could head out the weekend after the Toy Show - I'd probably need a week to acclimatize, then do a week of shows, I'd need a week afterwards to recover and then I could be back just before Christmas. I'd need to bring my daughters as my advisors too of course.

Dee: So you want to go to Australia for 3 weeks to do approx. 5 hours of radio at taxpayer's expense and bring your daughters and have RTE cover their costs too?

Tubs: Ah, yeah.

Dee: I think that's a great idea!

Tubs: Jolly good! And we're all very excited about THAT!

He'd put the meanest Cavan man to shame.

Tubs "I'm not going to dwell on it" (referring to the Tallaght tragedy)...then proceeds to discuss it at length.

He is disgusting.

Morning Ireland handled thesechorrific stories well. He's making this about him again.

Toy show mention already and reference to a past interview with the teacher. Stomach turning

God help those poor poor families, RIP.

• Advertisement

The sick f*ck has managed to weave the Toy Show into the story from Tallaght. Jesus Christ.

I honestly cannot believe he mentioned the Toy Show whilst discussing this story. That's a new low.

I'm not going to indulge this grief vampire narcissist today. I'm out.

Can you let us know what/how it was done?

Complaint to RTE worthy?

God he is such a fake its unreal!

• Advertisement

The man has hit a record low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭avfc1874

He's some narsatist, ticks all the boxes to make it about him, Then gets the texts saying how great he is, Wow,

No doubt there will be a NK write up how Tubs was the face of the nation as a professional like him couldn't help himself breaking down ,,,,,🤮🤮🤮🤢

Never let a tragedy get in the way of you bigging up the toy show, wtf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Surely a text like: "i'm just after pulling in my car to the side of the raod and I'm in floods of tears ....." can't be far away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

It’s a mark of the man’s insincerity that none of us can take him at face value in regard to these tragedies.

Y

Completely agree.

It's so tragic what happened and I think the whole country feels it but he wants to own it.

Those of us who know how insincere he is or as @mistersifter so perfectly put it hes like a badly programed AI, will now that crying and tears is a new subject he's added to his jaded repertoire of books, Beatles, JFK. He never mentioned this emotion before but as of late seems to realise that humans react to emotion.

It's disgusting that while those families and friends grieve that that narcissists will be splashes ALL over every socila media platform for the next 24 hours.

The and his agent have zero shame.

Hes made it ALL ABOUT HIM, he still at it.

I'm not going to dwell on the tradegy,(unless I can make it about me,) and get in mentions of the toy show and LLS

He's some man, they'll be puff pieces about this, and he'll bring it up again and again how he couldn't help but break down,🤢

Well you could complain to RTE but as someone who has done that on more than one occasion you'd simply be p*ssing into the wind.

He started off by saying he wasn't going to dwell on the story; then proceeded to say he would have loved to have met the children who were murdered, loved to have been their friend, loved for them to have been able to come on the Toy Show (yes, because the Toy Show is known for having children from Tallaght on it) etc. - stuff like that....it was cynically designed and staged to weave himself into the narrative. Then he played some poignant music - I can't even tell you what song it was as I just turned it off instantly. It was absolutely sickening.

You know what sickens me more...most people cant see through Tubridys fraud....im sure there were the usual grief merchants texting in thanking Tubridy for soothing their pain....

As predicted....10:01, the show was barely over and they had the puff piece ready.

RTE’s Ryan Tubridy breaks down in tears as he covers horrific death of four young people over the weekend

Ryan Tubridy understandably struggled to contain his emotions as he discussed the horrific events over the weekend which saw the untimely death of four young people

ByMegan MartinLifestyle Editor

10:01, 5 SEP 2022

The whole country has a heavy heart this Monday morning following a horrific weekend which saw the untimely death of four young people.

Eight-year-old twins Christy and Chelsea Cawley and their 18-year-old sister Lisa Cash were died following a violent incident at their home in Tallaght Dublin on Saturday night.

Just a few hours before, 13-year-old young jockey Jack de Bromhead was killed in a tragic freak accident during a pony race at the Glenbeigh Racing Festival on Rossbeigh Beach.

Speaking on his RTE Radio 1 program this morning Ryan Tubridy failed to hold back the tears as he discussed the unfathomable tragedies that took four young lives in a matter of hours.

Ryan told listeners he struggled to comprehend the tragedy that was unfolding in the “city across from us here in Dublin”.

“It is nature’s greatest aberration for a parent to bury a child, it’s got to be the most awful experience one can go through and anytime I’ve interviewed somebody or met somebody whose child died, you can always see it in their eyes.

“It’s something that has been removed from their hardwiring, the greatest sadness I’ve ever seen in someone’s eyes is someone who’s lost a child. I can never understand how they can put one foot in front of the other afterwards, I admire them so deeply”.

As a parent to two young women himself, Ryan became understandably upset as he continued to remember the children who lost their lives.

He continued: “Is there a greater cruelty than the brutal murder of three children? I’ve been trying to figure it out over the last 14 hours.

“Today I looked at the photographs, I tried to avoid them to be honest with you, I’m not strong enough”.

Speaking about the death of Jack de Bromhead also on Saturday, Ryan added: “One what should have been a beautiful occasion, a bright, smart and kind young boy met a cruel end on a Kerry beach.

“He was funny and he was clever and full of curiosity, his parents Heather and Henry describe their little boy as being ‘frozen in time’. He also had a twin sister, Georgia.

Becoming emotional, Ryan added: “All of who should, frankly, be here today, going to school, may they rest in peace”.

After taking a song break, an upset Ryan apologised to listeners and explained he need to play another song while he tried to compose himself.

After returning from the second song break, a still emotional Ryan told listeners:

“You would think I would be a bit more able for it all, but sometimes it just gets you and that’s the truth of it. Sorry about all that”.

RTE listernes praised the host for his sharing his raw emotions about the unthinkable tragedy that has had a similar effect on so many around the country.

• Advertisement

Result for tubs wonder why they left out him plugging the toy show

Shameless and disgusting.

Megan Martin RSVP Lifestyle Editor.....a powerhouse of Irish Journalism.....

NKM has a hotline straight to that rag....

Tubridy off now for a walk down to Dun Laoghaire pier thinking he is a great man....the saviour of the nation....a future president like JFK....

Uncle Tubs the toyman....

And what about Andrew McGinley, never another word about him after they cancelled hid opportunity to speak about his horrific ordeal?

Promised all the healthcare front line workers tickets to the first LLS with an audience, that never happened either.

No substance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

So I expect to see a fair few settled travellers as well as kids from very very disadvantaged areas on the Toy Show this year. I don't mean to move them in on the conveyor belt, I mean to have 50% of them from those areas.

Or will they be the offspring of Billie Barry kids, gently harvested from the leafy lanes of D4 and SoCoDu ?

And the children of RTÉ staff, don’t forget them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I wouldn't be surprised if that 'article' hit Megan Martin's (RSVP) inbox at 08.05 this morning -

email:

Megan,

Pls run this article (attached) at 10ish - tweak if needed, but not too much

Fix up end of month

regards

I didn't think the worms could get any lower but they managed it today

If someone were to inadvertently pop a synopsis of today into the LLS thread it might help more people understand Ryan's inner beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Courtesy of an observant phoenix reader

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

An insufferable knob-the sooner he's found out the better.

• Advertisement

Tubs will likely start the show this morning saying he was inundated with texts, emails, and letters congratulating him on how well he handled the Tallaght story yesterday. Then he'll go on to explain he's likely going to put on weight with all the people buying him ice creams and sweets to thank him for yesterday's show. He'll likely then read one such item of correspondence out from a self-described 6' 6" hard-nosed rugby playing trucker (with tattoos) who broke down in tears yesterday morning listening to Bryan and had to pull his truck in of the M50 to have a good cry at the thought of those children missing out on this year's Toy Show (not their deaths), and subtly mentioning that the only thing that could cheer him up now would be his copy of "Patrick and the President".

Jesus I was being smart saying the above but he's just thanked people for all the kind messages he received.

🙄

All of your shows are unwanted Bryan.

Worrying aloud about nuclear codes in the current wartime climate - followed by giggling. Bonkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Any one get the indo today ?

Tubs off on another junket tomorrow which he's posting on his own social media of course - not the shows.

I didn't think it was possible, but Tubs gets more odious by the day. He's a creep and a fake as well as being a shameless scrounger. He's everything that is wrong with RTE

Tubs confusing his Timothy Chalamet movies. Cinephile my hole.

Vicky Phelan? Check!

Kelly Harrington? Check!

• Advertisement
Advertisement