Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Anyone not using their wristband after 6pm. Be much appreciated by a fellow boardsie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭endainoz

They were great fun, a good way to start the day.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,493 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Lads, I'm the guy in the Syd Barrett tee shirt today if anyone wants to say hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Genghis

Great day yesterday. Especially loved Orla Garland, Silverbacks and Sleaford Mods. Naked Lungs and Nixer amazing. Frank and Walters and TCM were brilliant as ever. Caught bits of loads of others: King Kong Company, Thumper, Nixer. Missed out on Kneecap (no room there) and somehow missed Sorcha Richardson. Tried the Kooks for a bit but wasn't getting it, similar with Declan McKenna.

All in all a great day and back in now for more. Starting with Kynsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

CMAT, so so so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Genghis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

Back home now as couldn't get tomorrow off work. Had a great weekend overall despite what I thought was a very underwhelming lineup. Every cloud a silver lining though as not having many 'must sees' meant lots of time to wander and explore.

Hiking boots perfect all weekend, some bad muddy sections on the paths around eco towards campervans but otherwise ground was fine underfoot. Did get very wet Friday night but still managed to endure it till almost the end of the mother arena.

Campervans a god send having gauranteed clean and dry clothes to change into and somewhere to hang waterproofs in the awning for the next day.

Had thought about hanging up my boots after this one but will be back next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Caught a bit of her and sorry I had to leave but wanted to see Mick and Susan and was the right decision, the highlight of my weekend. Once the piano got sorted for sound they were brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

To many people here. Fcuking insane crowds and lines in the food areas snd bars. It’s like the greedy fcukers increased capacity by 20,000 but didn’t increase services. There should never be more than 50,000 at at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭spakman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭adam240610

Hasn't seemed too bad to me not gonna lie, haven't needed to wait more than 20 mins for my food choices

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭endainoz

Possibly my gig of the weekend. Absolute superstar in the making.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,508 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Have to say I've had sick FOMO this weekend. Have a few friends down there who are keeping me semi-updated, seems like everyone is having a great time despite the rain and that the ground is holding up better than expected. Looking forward to reading the reviews on here in the coming days.

I hope it is still as good as ever - it would be a sad thought to think electric picnic has lost its magic.

Read an article just there which interviewed Melvin Benn at the festival today, he said there will be no capacity increases next year and that the festival site will stay much the same as this year as there were a lot of changes for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Stillill42

CMAT amazing. She can do it all, that woman. Bone Machine in Spike Island at 10, folks. That's rough, overlapping with the Arctics. I'll chance it for a few songs. Love Tom and that could be pretty cool in such a small venue. Having a blast today, lots still to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

They should move it to the bank Holiday in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

We left today due to lack of interest in todays card. We missed 2019 so there has been a lot of changes for us. Amazed at terminus being finished by midnight while brutopolis and provedencia being underwhelming. Maybe i missed something. Found Fishtown a nice addition with easy access to main arena. Can't say I noticed a difference in crowds but I avoided main stage. Obviously the crowded camping area after the wristbands was an obvious giveaway though. Good buzz about the place.

For me, Thumper(thank you boardsies), Fontaines, King Kong Company and Sleaford Mods were highlights for me.

Disappointed to go to body and soul last night at 2 and find main stage finished. Was that always the way?

I've been to 13 picnics since our 1st one in 2006. It is very far removed from what John Reynolds brought us. Line up was very pop orientated and definitely not for me. Can't see myself returning unfortunately.

I did have 5 beautiful pints of Guinness upon my return to Dublin to round off a good weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

No not at all. It used to be a great festival. They’ve totally sold out now though. No more chilled out vibes strolling around, no more loveabke hippies, kids kicking ball etc. now it’s totally overrun with 22 year olds in their thousands. I’ve no problems with the 22 year olds but now that’s all their is. It’s basically oxygen with the old picnic labels. Forrest fest in emo was a much nicer festival only 10 miles away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Cannot understand what exactly electric picnic is trying to be - Glastonbury? No. Major international acts? No. Alternative? Some perhaps? I just don’t get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Oxygen with a conscious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Imo as soon as this sh1t starts then a festival is beginning it’s downward trajectory. What you’re describing is literally the things the festival was renowned for avoiding in its early or even mid years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Not sure if it needs an identity. It has managed to stay as Irelands largest music festival while keeping an eclectic mix of acts, not to mention successfully keeping out the scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Am back in pink moon bar for a final pint. Feet are knackered, went to monkeys but even with the small bit of rain I just wanted to sit down and have a bit of quiet at that stage. Weekend highlights were jack lukeman, wolf Alice, pixies, fontaines dc, king king conpany and the future goddess level act that is cmat.

Have thoughts on the weekend that are not positive and to be honest a lot of them are down to the feral nature of our youths. It’s no festival for old men.

will I buy tickets if I get the loyalty offer? Likely. Will I go? Tbd, would need to be something special I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

Bootleg Beach Boys gave me a lovely lift this morning before the dreaded trek home. A morning boogie that soothed my soul. We've decided we're doing ATN and EP next year. We just love it so much.

Highlights were Little Simz, Annie Mac, King Kong Company, Pixies, TCM (but of course). Had great fun at Dec Pierce and various others that, at the moment, are hard to recall. I need sleep and tea and then more tea. My voice is gone since Friday.

I hear the complaints about crowds and queues but I had a ball as ever. Didn't go near the main stage or a bar (they can absolutely FO with those prices) and spent most of my time between Electric Arena, Rankins Wood, Salty Dog and Fish Town.

Enjoy the last night all and safe home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shiitstir

Help me settle a bet. Did Jeff Mills play tonight or last night? He's listed as having headlined the Terminus stage tonight (Sunday) but a friend of a friend claims to have seen him last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Midset lull notwithstanding, I thought the Artics were brilliant. Night and day from last time they were here.

Post edited by Stillill42 on

They we're excellent, he really embraces the front man scene that he hasn't before.

Alas, fcul all of the crowd knew their songs.

As a closing act, yes they are fab. Just actually not big enough (not enough repository).

This year was the death knell for me. I'm only 30 mins away, but I stopped camping in 2017. The crowd is now firmly 17-25 year old . The acts are obviously aimed that way (London grammar, Anne Marie, becky Hill, Megan. Coronas, detmot, picture dos, etc Alternatively focused imac owner)

Iike, enough is enough, we've already seen it at oxygen

This isn't anything new. The camp sites are intimidating, next stop Beirut. Completely overcrowded, heavily drug influenced

And judging by the red bull bars it's easy to understand, they are the biggest profit margin. They don't give a crap, they are quite happy to play €50 for 4 vodkas and red bull. Same crowd that will pay €17 for an 8" margarita pizza.

Well let them off at this stage, I say

The weekend probably cost me the guts of €1300, no messing, and I travelled over and back. Food I have to admit was good, but over priced. But by sunday6 night they were mostly sold out and /or not bothered. All over priced.

Next year, that money ain't going to FR

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭darzog

Touts lifted the roof off Jerry Fish tent to close my Picnic in a beautiful, raucous fashion. Khruangbin had the crowd eating out of their hand earlier. I was unsure about them beforehand, but they were superb. My highlight of the whole weekend. Safe journeys home folks.

• Advertisement

Advertisement