Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords nextbase dashcams rip off

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭thebiglad

So buy online, wait a few more days for delivery but, the option is there at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Another silly, ill thought out thread.

If you click through they charge shipping. The real cost is 307 euro. Add the cost of rates and the rest having an actual shop you can walk into, there is feck all difference. You may be able to pick it up off the shelf or they will deliver it for free instore. Or maybe we should just close every shop, sack everyone, and go for an online model where a warehouse is all you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Them baxtards in Halfords putting a gun to your head and forcing you to make the purchase.

I for one am outraged.

I'd be more outraged at them charging 60 quid to run a small bit of wire and plug it into your fusebox...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,899 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Not really a rip off, more a shop around for best price alert.

• Advertisement

I agree 60 euro is a bit fruity, but you are paying for the person to do it along with the hard wire kit which will include a dc to dc convertor to reduce the voltage from car supplied 12v, down to dashcam required 5v.

Just an afterthought. One of my cars is a corsa. It is a disaster trying to change bulbs on front left. You just cannot get your hand in. After spending 3 hours trying, I said feck it. Bought the bulb in halfords and paid the installation fee. Think it was 6 quid or so. BEST money I ever spent. Let them do it.

It's €30 for the kit. If you're any bit competent with DIY it'll take you 10 minutes to fit it yourself. I've done it many times and it's simple. Once you find the fuse and run it behind the trim you're sorted. It's as bad as them charging €6 to fit a wiper blade..

So 30 for the parts and then pay someone to fit it. The make some profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭893bet

It’s hardly a surprise that the Oem seller is a a little cheaper than one of their resellers?

When they sell themselves they need to make their own Margin.

Shen they sell through a reseller or other retailer they need to make their own margin and the reseller needs a margin?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,058 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Or nip down to the local Topline/Euronics member and haggle for less 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

At the end of the day a 30 quid difference is hardly a rip off anyway! On 300 quid

Advertisement