Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Populus deltoides ‘Purple Tower’ Poplar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Nice plant but never really grew well for us. To get a decent amount of the red growth you need to prune it back so it produces new growth.

Let me know if you find a supplier would be worth trying again.

Propagates easily from hardwood cuttings. Pieces the size of a pencil pushed into the ground will often grow.

The original one got blown over in one of the storms in recent years and I stupidly strimmed the one hardwood cutting I still had :-(

Wake me up when it's all over.

Keane's of Kilcolgan Galway...had more ordered but they could not get any more. I had bought some from a Dutch nursery but again they were not great and reverted. I will take cuttings next month and try other sites. Perhaps a good feed of well rotted manure would ignite a long lasting spark!

Advertisement