Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Oh my god, the post media scrum is essential viewing. Punk in fine form **** all over the EVPs, Hangman and Colt Cabana. It's a proper shoot and he hates them all. Tony looks like he wants to curl up and die. Gonna be some week for news after this outburst.

Update: Tony said he thought an Acclaimed/Swerve and Lee rematch at Grand Slam would be great, and Swerve went off saying no and why would they do that. Tony has no control of this at all haha.

Post edited by Cherry_Cola on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Acclaimed vs Swerve/Lee match was absolutely phenomenal. Really loved it.

MJF return was really well constructed overall IMO. The ladder match ending was a bit weird and you could tell the crowd were a bit miffed. But as a set up to the pay off at the end of the show, I feel it worked.

im just reading about the scrum now though……yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

This isn't the work, you could feel the genuine venom and hatred in his voice and see it in his face. The man looks agitated as ****.

Felt sorry for Tony, Punk took a dump on him here and so did that nobody Swerve as well.

Apparently Punk and the Young Bucks got into a physical altercation after the scrum too.

Is there a funny irony here, that MJF utterly overshadowed Wardlow with his hijinks before their match, and now MJF is being utterly overshadowed himself upon his return? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Yeah I actually had the exact same thoughts.

MJF returning should be a huge talking point….but no one is talking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 TonySniff

Imagine thinking Pepsiman was in the right, and not a complete cock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭kksaints

I'd say that Tony will be tightening up the post event media scrums in the future. Can't have people go off on others within the organisation like Punk did, it'd just create a toxic atmosphere and would just become a WCW 99-01.

Also Punk and MJF as your next big event main event, geez you're putting a lot of trust in the hands of two very flaky individuals who've also feuded not that long ago. Seems a questionable decision although it probably will work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,449 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What started all this between Punk and the AEW EVPs?

I thought Page was liked by everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That Ladder match ending gave me flashbacks to James Ellsworth handing Carmella the briefcase.

Bet Miro felt stupid being the only one to show up not wearing face paint. Have to ask how come Sting seems to escape criticism for no-selling a lot of stuff?

Mox made it through a match with only his opponent's blood on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't know how anyone could like Punk. The guy is a prick and it's stretching back years and years.

• Advertisement

I, personally, enjoy him as an in ring performer, in terms of his style and his promos.

Hes also, very obviously, an utter nightmare of a person to deal with, behind the scenes. So yeah. It takes a massive ability to separate the character from the person playing the role (which isn’t always easy in wrestling, when that line is incredibly thin).

Basically, yeay as a wrestler. Nah as someone I’d want to actually have in my personal life 😂

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That media scrum. I do not see how this benefits the company having their world champion essentially sh1t all over a lot of his colleagues.

it has to be a work right? I mean like what’s the objective otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's still a big issue if it's work. This is end of WCW sh1t if it is.

It's more likely a shoot imo, at which point as bad as Punk is, Tony needs to actually step down here and suspend him as you can't have that, and to me AEW is The Elite, it's not Punk.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,449 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who benefits from it if a work, your champ fighting your company's evps, the focus should be MJF, AEW is generating buzz but for the wrong reasons, Tony Khan looked shocked and uncomfortable

Maybe I'm reading it all wrong and Punk the "wrestling genius" knows the business well to shift focus away from WWE

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah excellent point. I thought it may have been punks way to draw eyes back to AEW to stop WWE’s resurgence.

Pipebomb 2.0

By also drawing away from the PPV that just happened?

MJF returned with a new faction, Jungle Boy lost to Christian after Luchasaurus turned on him and new Trios champs were crowned yet no one wants to talk about those things because of Punk.

Oh and having your entrance performed live as you enter seems a very sports entertainer thing to do.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I sure hope it was a shoot because if it's a work it's one of the worst ever, 2 massive moments completely overshadowed (Punk's win and MJF).

Anyway, I'm really surprised at the online reaction elsewhere to Luchasaurus attacking JBJP, it was pretty obvious something was going to happen and yet people are saying he did a Big Show turning back and forth the last weeks. Then there's people saying it makes Perry look stupid for trusting him... more like naive but well he's a face and that's what real babyfaces do, look at Sting for example. The whole point of the feud is to drop the whole Jungle Boy gimmick while keeping him face and it's doing a good job of it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like Malakai Black has been granted his release as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm convinced Punk is working with his comments in the post media scrum. There's been a lot of commentary online regards his attitude for weeks, seems to me he's leaning into that perception now. If people want to perceive him to be this massive prick, then that's how he's going to be. No better way to gain buy in here, than to weave a few "truths" into the whole diatribe (Scott Colten etc).

I think we're going to see, play out over time, the modern day take on Bret / Austin at Mania 13, with Punk & MJF taking up those roles. The seeds were set in the MJF feud, if you look back, for how Punk is acting now - he was called out on it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

A lot of rumours going around of a backstage brawl between the Bucks and Punk and others which the Bucks came off the worst in. The whole thing's not good for AEW no matter whether it's a work or not. Gives the impression that things are getting out of control.

• Advertisement

If Punk is getting the best of you in a fight, that's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The Bucks don't strike me as legit tough guys either to be fair.

No definitely not but they do have a numbers advantage 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seeing the angle of Khan reacting to all of it leads me to believe it's a work. If you have an employee genuinely "shooting" to the media about court cases, bank accounts and tearing into colleagues, you shut it down. Instead, he's sitting there making faces...

Then again, Khan is a fúcking weirdo...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

For those who watched the match, any chance Punk had his clock cleaned? He honestly sounded drunk to me in that presser.

Between Swerve's dismissive comment to Khan and Storm's burying of Rosa, Tony needs to grab them by the bollix and tell them who's in charge.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'd actually give them some credit for it, even if they came off worse. Didn't think they had it in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Wow Punk what a massive prick , Khan is definitely weak as **** aswell for sitting there and letting him rubbish his roster regardless of personal stuff going on between them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Apparently Punk threw the first punch as well... Given how his UFC career went it doesn't seem too wise 😂😂

Bucks were probably out of their element without ropes or anything to jump off.

• Advertisement

Which means he needs to be suspended, based on the precedent set last week with Kingston.

Advertisement