Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I can't even make it to the end of the riffin' section this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

He speaks of bikes like they're a toy to be left behind after the age of 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Apparently Ryan has no ticket for Garth Brooks (yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Few little digs at social media this morning (I do Insta, but I do it on MY terms...etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Kildare1976

His lack of sensitivity is actually off the scale.

Lots of people mourning the loss of all those young lives in Dublin and waterford on the weekend and no doubt it stirred a lot of emotions for people who have lost children.

Just like that his circus waggons of grief have rolled out of town and now we are back to "the craic" and jolly japes.

Today he is on banging on about the glory days of childhood and how good we had it. Ffs he is so clueless ans so insensitive.

I imagine he is going to Kerry to interview Garth Brooks ahead of the concerts.

One week into the new season of the LLS and we'll be back to watching pre records..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I think 🤔 you have forgotten that tubs is the voice of the nation, He's just like us, ,🤔, When he is sad we have to feel sad 😭, When tubs is having the bants ,we should be having the bants,

When tubs is feeling sad because a meanie said unkind things we should feel sad 😭

When Tubs tells us what ever we are going through, and we're having a bad day choose fun,

If you are having a bad day just have a day off from school/work, Go and watch a georgeous film in the cinema,then home to read a terrific book from a fabulous Irish author, Infront of a delicious fire, and then have the bants with the Fam

The hyper activity this morning, the crying yesterday... The man is completely unhinged.

And patronising the cleaner who has called in for the quiz.

He asked where she was headed, she said to work, he said where, she said just cleaning houses. The lady wasn't undermining herself at all but Mr patronising man of the people said, no you are not Just a cleaner and I hope people are good and kind to you.... How dare he, would be say that to a solicitor or a doctor. He's a pr#ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Don't know how yis listen to Tubridy (TYFYS) - I could never stomach him. I did feel something a bit off about the show's Twitter page retweeting compliments regarding his on air handling of the tragedy. A fair few self-obsessed knobheads in RTE it would seem. Looking at you too, Mr Duffy.

That is incredibly sickening. "A nation weeps with you, Ryan". Feckin' grief junkies!

• Advertisement

Whatever about the grief junkies that tweeted these comments, the show actually retweeting them is completely absurd.

Basically the tax payer is funding Tubridys presidential campaign as he sets the scene for his next cushy job.

This is a fact.

Nah,Roy Keane will be the next President..He is only 500/1 with Paddy Power

I think each is as bad as the other, but it is pretty crass of the Tubs radio show to promote this kind of thing

I (perhaps naively) have faith in the Irish Electorate that if Tubs or Duffy ever decide to run for public office thta they will be given the answer they deserve, along with a big dose of reality

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

What if they were "persuaded" to run unapposed, as Gay had once hinted at years ago, stating that he would run but only if the field were open and he was the only candidate for the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

There is no hope of a single candidate standing unopposed. These days a Presidential campaign is an opening for all sorts of cranks to throw their hat in the ring. If enough politicians endorsed a radio presenter as a candidate there would be nothing wrong with that. They were sensible enough last time round that Gemma O'Doherty could not find the small number needed for her to get on the ticket.

There is zero evidence that Gay Byrne stated that he would only run if he was unopposed. Fianna Fail offered to nominate him rather than a party candidate, but he would run as an independent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Its simply astonishing that Tubridy was so upset yesterday that he was "forced off the air" due to emotion......but today he is back to normal .....suffering from grief and being distraught only lasts a few hours these days, the best way to cure it, is to tell as many people as you can that you are suffering greatly.....

Tubridy is the personification of this fake Grief society that has been created due to social media......

There is absolutely nothing about that man that is genuine....a pure sickener....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

I will go with your naive assessment and remain the eternal optimist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Look at the rictus grin and the profound sense of loss and hopelessness emanating from his dead eyes.

Like a white Robert Johnson, this is a man who sold his soul to the devil years ago. 😄

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Red Fred

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Bryan mentioned last week on the LLS that there was going to be some class of a super music special show this Friday on LLS, any ideas what this will be? I assume it will be better than some class of tribute to Garithhhh Brooookes that you would find in the Sunset House in Ballybough this Friday?

I’m in London this morning with work so sadly won’t be able to hear Oliver Callan fill in for the Misery Merchant.

i will however be waiting patiently on InstaTragedy to see who Bryan is meeting this morning on yet another junket. Not.

Guess who won’t be invited to any more RTÉ events?

Who’s Eddie, The Carter Twins, Jedward, Charlie Lamdsborough, Declan Nerney, Robert Mizzell, Cliona Hagan, and very special guests Nathan Carter and Ronan Keating perform a medley of “Gareth Bruuuuukes” songs. A free Stetson, €20 Supermacs voucher, and a copy of The Farmer’s Journal for everyone in the audience.

Being discussed by Chris and Ciara in Newstalk breakfast. Surprise, surprise they're big fans of the LLS. Imagine that, luvvies standing up for luvvies

I was surprised,🤔. they both loved it, they always try to be good cop,bad cop.

They all walk in the same circles so no surprise they think its great, and they both love tubs,☹️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭DaTown

What percentage of the LLS audience is in receipt of the free tv license?

Callan on. Straight over to Newstalk on the Roberts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Pat Stacey is a living legend in my household.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Ciara Kelly and Tubs are both part of the NK talent stable so she was never going to put the boot in

You should actually give him a try as he's actually very good. Natural, very easy on the ear, doesn't try to make everything about himself or humblebrag, and doesn't do death or misery. You might actually like it. But then as a Tubs Superfan you probably wouldn't.

• Advertisement

if anyone has the full Pat Stacey article could they post it? It's behind a paywall - I don't know if this is because I'm in the UK today or not.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Already we are into a 'special '?

These were adopted by TLLS as filler cos they didn't have any more good quality guests, but to have one so early in the season shows just how small a pool of interviewees this show actually has.

Time to put it out of its misery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Did anyone hear what good egg 🥚 he's interviewing, for the delicious, georgeous chat /bants

I reckon it's Garth brooks, two more fake narsatist people you'd struggle to find

Post edited by avfc1874 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

It's going to be George Clooney and Julia Roberts. The have a film premier in London tonight.

Roberts famously ran off to Dingle jilting Keifer Sutherland on their wedding day. So best not mention that. Or ask them to tell you about visiting Ireland.

Tubs probably thinking he’s looking in a mirror when chatting to Clooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You didn’t miss anything Butthers… the usual cut at Varadker Martin and Ryan and the good word for MLMCD to lead things off…

Nothing new there. Gave the off button on the slab a good dart after that.

• Cawlur, two junketeers might encounter yet 😁😁😁

I was actually working caller! No sign of Tubs on my commoner Aer Lingus flight though….maybe he got the helicopter again?

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Advertisement

So he went to London to do a 10 minute interview this afternoon with Julia Roberts and George Clooney.

He will undermine all other hosts for not being live, such as Tommy Tiernan and Graham Norton but yet the only guests of any note that he manages to secure are all re records and he has to go to them!

Tomorrow you can all look forward to hearing about his trip to a gorgeous church, the oratory on Brompton Road and the wonder of the intriguing V&A.... Both in south Kensington.

Every single time he goes to London he goes to these two same places... He is possibley the world most predictable, uncurious person I have ever heard of in broadcasting. He wants to do a travel show.. Just so he can have it paid for and step by step instructions on what to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Surely, he won’t have gone over and back to London all in one day, like a lot of business people do? An overnight in a top hotel in South Kensington must have been involved?

Good point. I’m genuinely shattered from my trip yesterday. I left my house at 4am and got home after midnight. Tubs would need a month off after that. He probably went out on Tuesday afternoon to acclimatize for his 10 minute interview on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He's got some carbon footprint has our Ryan.

Well done on whoever suggested his tour itinerary and his 5 star hotel stay.

He could easily have flown over yesterday and back for that interview - but sure it's only taxpayer's money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Stupid fake accent time.

• Advertisement

Wow - it appears that Ryan paid for something!

Early toy show reference

Advertisement