Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Nothing new there........it's always been the way. Sure the Euroleage Final Four was on in London a few years ago for some bizarre reason (as in I have no idea why they picked London). It was on in the O2. I could count on one had the number of Brits who were in attendance. No coverage in any papers or on TV, you honestly wouldn't have known there was anything on being there at the time (I was).

Jeez you must have very high standards! He was at half pace and still looked like the best player on the court. He's just so talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

3v3 world tour masters finals live at the moment for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Flair yes, but not resulting in points.

I love Luka. But how many free throws has he missed the last few matches?

It wasn’t even a close game, and you’re criticizing him for some showboating? Ok.

The free throws thing is a legitimate concern and criticism. I honestly can’t understand how he’s so poor at it for such a good shooter with a soft touch. It’s strange.

• Advertisement

Some shenanigans after the Turkey and Georgia game……Turkey threatening to pull out of the tournament.

I saw the on-court scuffle but reports that players were attacked in the hall after it by security, any footage of that? Fucked up if true.

From what I read there is security footage and the Turkish Association want it released as some of the attackers were Georgian plyers (though not playing in he game), as well as police. The on court scuffle was handbags, but the game got very tetchy in the last few plays with unsportsmanlike and technical fouls all over the place. I wouldn't be surprised with tensions running that high if something happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

He was unreal tonight, 38 points in the end. Fair play to Germany for hanging in there, Obst was great off the bench for them.

• Advertisement

That’s the Luka we all want to see!

Luka with 2 absolutely games back to back v France and Germany.

That was an incredible performance by Markannen, 43 points and leading Finland to a win against Croatia. How are Spain going to stop him? He's playing like a man posessed.

Wow, what a win by Italy against Serbia who were one of the favourites. Spissu got hot in the third quarter and his threes were vital, think he ended up with 21 points. Melli and Fontecchio were also very good. The Italian trainer is great entertainment, he's a mad man haha

He's been very good throughout the whole tournament to be fair, and looks jacked too - clearly been hitting the weights hard.

In other news, Steph Curry is in Dublin on holidays............seriously!

Eurobasket has been a fantastic tournament so far, some really exciting games and finishes, as well as some exceptional individual performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

Thankfully not too far to go until the season begins, really looking forward to it as there are some real question marks over some teams.

To borrow a Bill Simmons line, who will be your "League Pass" team this year? I'm thinking the Pelicans if Zion is fit and firing with some Cav's mixed in.

Those of you who listen to podcasts might know Jonathan Tjarks (he's mainly on The Ringer but elsewhere too). He passed away from cancer at the weekend. He was just 34. RIP.

Heard a stat on Dunc'ed On yesterday that the Suns were 53-0 when they lead after 3 quarters last year. That's just insane levels of consistency. Unfortunately they left their absolute worst performance of the last 2 seasons for Game 7 v Dallas.

• Advertisement

Great game by Rudy and Billy. Awesome for Spain to get to a semi final when they are in rebuild mode. Scariolo is one of the best coaches around. Hopefully Wagner is fit for Germany to play against Greece.

This Germany and Greece game is nuts.

Finland had a real chance to beat Spain today but for Rudy catching fire from 3 and some bad possessions in the 3rd quarter particularly.

Germany were amazing tonight and gave Greece a hiding, that obst was lethal from three. Shroeder , Theis and Wagner were great too. Laranzakis was the only guy that showed up for Greece outside of Giannis. Not sure what Dallas see in that Dorsey guy, he was áss

Crazy shock, Poland have just beaten Slovenia in the quarter finals of the eurobasket, that ponitka was amazing but I have to say that Slovenia had an absolutely terrible first half and I thought that was a foul on prepelic for the last shot.

My first eurobasket and it’s been incredibly entertaining.

Very disappointed by the result this eve. I really wanted a Slovenian/Dragic win.

The feedback about the refereeing has been negative throughout the tournament.

Bad week for the PR-wise with the Sarver ruling (a joke) and the Anthony Edwards homophobic comments. Adam Silver looks quite week at times since he started out so well with the Sterling affaire. He seems to let the players, and now owners away with anything. Fining Sarver $10m is like fining me and you €10. It means nothing to him.

The NBA are obviously afraid he'd go legal and force disclosure on the other 29 teams, but it's a really bad look. They've always had this moral superiority over the NFL, but that gap is narrowing enormously. It's a really bad look.

It was a foul but you can't play for the that kind of foul (which he did) and expect to get it every time; it's a huge risk doing that.

I'm a huge Luka fan but his 5th foul was about as dumb as they come - honestly you'd be mad with a 15 year old making that play on 4 fouls, absolutely no need to leave the ground at that point. And his complaining at every single call is getting tiresome - and again, I'm saying this as a massive fan.

"Redeem Team" documentary coming on October 7th in the US, no official confirmation of when it's coming out here but assume same day. Will be worth a watch as long as it's not "USA! USA! USA!" - there was some particular unsavory behaviour by that team before and during the Olympics so it will be interesting to see if they focus on that, or even mention it. The Final v Spain was a great game and a game Spain could have won - Pau Gasol was the best player on the court in that game.

I actually got to see that team play in the flesh when they played Canada in Las Vegas in July 2008 as I was there as part of my honeymoon - just a coincidence, we had booked our honeymoon before the fixture was announced. I also could have gone to see them play in Macau as I was in Hong Kong a week later when they were there, but didn't. Can't believe it's 14 years ago.

• Advertisement

Coming out the same day over here, i just added it to my reminder list on Netflix last night. Didn't realise it was from the creators of The Last Dance, should be quality.

Advertisement